posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 12:30 PM
The F-15 S/MTD and the F-15 ACTIVE could fly circles around the SU-27 and probably the SU-37. There are a bunch of reasons why the ACTIVE if put into
service with a coat of RAM would be one of the best aircraft in the sky.
1. It can take off at 42mph.
2. It uses very little take off roll.
3. It has thrust veins and can direct its thrust forward.
4. It can land on 1700 feet of runway.
5. It is by far the most maneuverable aircraft the USA has ever built.
6. It can perform post stall manuevers very well due to huge engines.
7. It can turn its canards 90 degrees to act as huge airbrakes.
8. Huge canads, tailplanes and 3d thrust vectoring (I cant remember if thats the ACTIVE or the S/MTD) make it supermanueverable.
A coat of RAM and weapons would make this thing a 5th generation fighter.