It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Analysis Finds Tape 'Almost Certainly' Bin Laden

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2002 @ 01:05 PM
link   
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A U.S. intelligence analysis has concluded that an audio recording broadcast last week was almost certainly the voice of al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden and the tape was genuine, U.S. officials said on Monday....

www.reuters.com...;jsessionid=MTU4VQY1LU4OACRBAEOCFFA?type=topNews&storyID=1761281

posted on Nov, 18 2002 @ 01:17 PM
link   
And he's still planning things...

posted on Nov, 18 2002 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The US Gov will do everything in their power to keep the American People as safe as possible....

posted on Nov, 18 2002 @ 01:51 PM
link   
So if the Arse is still alive why dont they go kill him??? ANd dont you guys think about giving me the rubbish of "But we cant find thim" What kind of bull excuse is that?? I mean ..America the superpower..the one with all the technology that the government hides even from tis own people..with all that we cant even find one man?? when we have killed millions>??
I DONT THINK SO!!
THERES SOMETHING WRONG HERE>..and if ya cant see it..than we are living in a lie!!
OrionSirius.

posted on Nov, 18 2002 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Well first off, it's kind of hard trying to find a ex military man who is off in some huge mountain range were there are 100's of caves and other hiding areas, our tech can only go so far. Videos and tapes such as the latest one found help us inch closer to capturing him, he's a slippery one that Bin Laden, but once he encounters US Soldiers it's just about over for him...

posted on Nov, 19 2002 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Also keep in mind that he and many of his people are CIA trained. They know our methods very well.

kim

posted on Nov, 19 2002 @ 09:53 AM
link   
you'd think though that he'd mess up sometime. and it isn't just him is it? even if he dies, he's still got all those followers that'll carry on his work. this is gonna seem pessimistic but basically we're screwed.
one thing i dont know, is what's their problem? what is this war (well thats what it'll end up being) about, or did they just go 'hey i think i wanna get killed today- lets go to war'?

posted on Nov, 19 2002 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I would say that it's 30% that it could be him and 70% that it's faked.Funny how Osama always tells you all what you want to here to keep your blood up.

I wonder if you remember in Orwells 1984 a character called Emmanuel Goldstein.Anything that went wrong was blamed on Goldstein.It must have been a theme with Orwell because a similar character appears in Animal Farm as Snowy(might be wrong name)the pig who was a hero then after he was chased off every thing that went wrong was blamed on him.
What Orwell was telling us was that every repressive Government uses a unifying hate character.

posted on Nov, 19 2002 @ 10:26 AM
link   
John Bull..you are so freakin right!! I would say he is 100% FAKE and this war phony. There is too much propaganda out there and there is too mcuh "out of place stuff" to make me beleive that this man actually the "brains" of the operation and the man responsible for the 911 attacks..i think this is bologni ...

If our govt wanted anyone dead..believe me they would have been long gone dead.

OrionSirius.

posted on Nov, 19 2002 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Explain to me how Al Jezeera is cooperating with the US government...

posted on Nov, 19 2002 @ 02:30 PM
link   
iluv2act,Give me a convincing argument that Al Jezeera is not in cahoots with the US gov.After all every possible buisness that has the slightest conections with Al Qaeda has been shut down.Why don't you give me a credible reason why a news station that regulally meets with agents of terrorism is exempt.

posted on Nov, 19 2002 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Because Al Jezeera is the Saudi state-run network. In order to shut them down, we would have to cut off the money of the Saudi government.

posted on Nov, 19 2002 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Al Jazeera is based in Qatar.Do you not think the US has any influence over that small relatively western Gulf State.
Donald Rumsfeld was even interviewed on Al Jazeera.If you want to marginalise what was before 9/11 a small satalite operation you don't allow your Defence Secretary a slot on prime time.

So again I ask you the question.Why hasn't the operation been shut down? unless the US government are financing and controlling it and manipulating the west and the arab world.

posted on Nov, 20 2002 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Do you know what kind of outcry the Arabs would raise if we tried to shut down their freedom of speech. Shutting down Al Jezeera would (from a rights standpopint) be worse than seizing the Saudi oil fields. The best we can do is use the network to help make ourselves present in their living rooms.

posted on Nov, 20 2002 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Midnight Mutilator
The US Gov will do everything in their power to keep the American People as safe as possible....

You make me laugh MM

On the second thought this naivness and idiotism isn't even remotely funny.

[Edited on 20-11-2002 by Tyler]

posted on Nov, 20 2002 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Call me naive, but I agree with MM.

posted on Nov, 20 2002 @ 01:20 PM
link   
So your argument is that the US doesn't want to shut down Al Jazeera,Who regulally have contact with Al qaeda and desiminate(if they were genuine)propaganda from the very mouth of the one who they wish to silence because they don't want to upset Arabs.
Doesn't sound very plausible to me.
Whereas the alternative,that the US is deseminating forgeries and propaganda through Al Jazeera is just too difficult for you to contemplate.
It's not un-American to believe your Government are using every tool they can to fight their perceived enemies.

posted on Nov, 20 2002 @ 01:30 PM
link   
The U.S. government is trying to use Al-Jazeera to show that America is not the bad guy.
www.adage.com...

I rember hearing this on the news about a month ago.

posted on Nov, 20 2002 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Midnight Mutilator

What scares me is that they're trying to remove our Costitutionally-granted rights of liberty in the process...

posted on Nov, 20 2002 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Or, J-B, the truth might just be all we need to fight our enemies.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join