It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Intrepid and I'm appearently a racist.....

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Emphasis added.

So, actually, once you post on ATS, I believe it's theirs, not yours.

I'm just saying...

Oh, really?

If that was the case, why did he remove my name from it if it wasn't my post in the first place?

How about if I said "he used my words? Got something for that?

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka
Don't patronize me.

"Don't read too much into it. You're being too sensitive. Don't take it the wrong way."

Boy, am I learning a lot in these threads. WAY more than I learned being in classes with mostly white people for as long as I can remember.

I stand by my words. We mods have done this on occasion to prove a point. If you choose to twist the meaning of it into a way that offends you, that's not my problem.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ceci2006
By simply stating the same bland "color-blind" rhetoric that is always used in these thread.

By simply advocating in the WHM thread that no one ought to have an historical month.

That, in essence, forces one that they have to give up their culture to appease one race.

What has that thread to do with this one? Your agenda grows ceci. You are REALLY reaching now.

I would suggest you stop with the accusations against me and focus on the meat of the question.

Or else, what you are saying is pure bromide and tripe only meant to incite and not educate anyone.

Aw #, here we go again, someone misrepresented you, WITH YOUR OWN WORDS.

Or was it payback to people of color instead?

This is telling. "Payback" for WHAT? Paranoia is a dangerous thing, you might want to check that out. Seriously, I'm not joking.

Accusing people of color of calling you racist. It was not done and you need to own up to that fact.

OK, this is fresh. You want me to cop to something that my great grandparents DIDN'T do but I have to own up to something I didn't? You see something wrong here? I do.

Now, take responsibility that neither HH, truthseeka and myself have called you anything. In fact, our comments disprove this thread's premise. And most relevantly, none of us blamed you for anything-- not even the sins of your poor, begotten fore-fathers.

Please admit that before you go on.

Here's the deal ceci, I reserve the right to go back at what I just cut out of your words, will you stand by what I quote in reference to:

Now, take responsibility that neither HH, truthseeka and myself have called you anything. In fact, our comments disprove this thread's premise. And most relevantly, none of us blamed you for anything-- not even the sins of your poor, begotten fore-fathers.

Are you willing to go there? This is an easy one, YES or No.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
I stand by my words. We mods have done this on occasion to prove a point. If you choose to twist the meaning of it into a way that offends you, that's not my problem.

Stand by them, lay by them, have a seat by them, I don't give a damn. You'll look the same in my eyes regardless...

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Give it a rest.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka
Oh, trust me becky, you DO indeed try to hide behind your mask. Problem is, even your mask gives you away.

Don't talk cutesy. Say what you mean. Be a man.

It doesn't "piss me off" either, as you say. I live in Texas; I've met PLENTY of people like you.

Oooow...Big Bad Texas! Are we supposed to be impressed? Anyway, it sounds like you can't even get along down there, much less on an international discussion board.

The ones who were worse than you, albeit slightly, met the bottom of my Nikes quick (Ludacris reference there).

That's not a threat, is it? Don't dance, come out and say it.

But thanks, though. You have NO IDEA how beneficial you've been to my views on how y'all see us.

Y'all? Being a poser now, are you?

To those of you who are not like becky, don't think I'm lumping y'all all together with this member. I know FIRSTHAND that y'all are not all like that.

At least until they disagree with you. Then all of a sudden they will become the WHITE DEVIL!

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
John... It also goes for you. Please let the other member be the subject.

[edit on 11-2-2007 by TheBandit795]

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

What has that thread to do with this one? Your agenda grows ceci. You are REALLY reaching now.

No I'm not, frankly. I am, however, getting too close for comfort for you. You can only reply by using attacks instead of making straight answers.

And the WHM thread was one of the pre-cursors for this sordid affair. In fact, you publicized this thread in that one.

Aw #, here we go again, someone misrepresented you, WITH YOUR OWN WORDS.

Did I say that to you? Another accusal along with the false pretenses of this thread. When will you ever just take responsibility for what you've done in this thread?

This is telling. "Payback" for WHAT? Paranoia is a dangerous thing, you might want to check that out. Seriously, I'm not joking.

Neither am I. And I am not bluffing either. That's exactly what you did with this thread. Now admit it.

OK, this is fresh. You want me to cop to something that my great grandparents DIDN'T do but I have to own up to something I didn't? You see something wrong here? I do.

I agree I see something wrong here. You know I said in my last post I didn't believe in that "sins of the father" tripe. And you still accuse me of making such an accusation to hide your own inadequacies in admitting that you did use this thread to incite people's prejudices.

Here's the deal ceci, I reserve the right to go back at what I just cut out of your words, will you stand by what I quote in reference to:

Feel free to do whatever you want. You're the mod. I also reserve the right to say that you don't want to admit to the fact that we did not call you racist, blame you of guilt, or attack your fore-fathers.

I was very clear. Now admit that we didn't do this.

Are you willing to go there? This is an easy one, YES or No.

And help you with the smoke screen to evade the truth? No way.

I'm not enabling you so you can come off smelling like a rose. Now admit it that we didn't say you were racist, had guilt, or blamed your fore-fathers.

Take responsibility in admitting this was so. To help you understand clearly what I am trying to say, I said it twice.

[edit on 11-2-2007 by ceci2006]

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
And then I'm going to make an extremely DUMB mistake by clicking on edit instead of quote.

Go ahead Ceci, you can spank my butt on this one. Sorry for that.

Anyway.. I've tried to fix your post as close to it's original state as I can.

That is quite all right. I forgive you. We all make mistakes.

And here's my reply here:

Move on. Move beyond that. It has happened.

Institutional racism still happens. There are studies everyday mapping and studying its effects. Are you going to tell the researchers and scholars on this matter to move on?

Fine I choose to not be bothered by it and find my own way out. Those that have chosen not to be bothered by focusing on the gap between certain races have had a better chance to live a more satisfying life IMHO.

That's fine. But there are a disproportionate amount of people who don't have the money or the means to get out of it. What are you going to tell them?

Trying to get people to feel guilty (which means you're holding a grudge against them) hasn't helped yet. Those who hold the biggest grudges are the least satisfied IMHO. Forgiveness is key to having a better relationship with other people (although they must understand where you are coming from of course). If they don't... Ignore them and move on.

I most certainly forgive the people of this thread. But, I will not idly stand by and let you repeat the same old stuff that some fall back on when they truly don't want to deal with the differences in treatment between races as a result of institutional racism.

Maybe you are the one holding a grudge and making me feel guilty for what I said.

Forgiveness goes both ways, even in this thread.

[edit on 11-2-2007 by ceci2006]

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Ok, Mistuh Jsobecky, I's sorry.

I's a sorry that you's a thinks I's a was a threatenin you. I was jus talkin bout some thangs that done happened to me befo. I's a sorry you's a thinks I done called you's a white devil, suh. I's a makes sho that I's a won'ts call you a white devil. I's a knows I's thanks I didn't say dat, but I's a knows I's wrong an you's right.

You's a wants me ta do a lil jig fa you, baws? I's a can't tap dance, but I's a knows hows ta do dat what they call dat C-Walk from da Wes Coast. You's a like dat, suh? I can't sang, but I's a can do dat dere freestyle. I don knows if I's can do bof a dem at da same time, but I's a try mighty hard if you's a wants me to, suh. I's a do whatevers you need, baws; you jus lemme know what it is, suh.

Mod Note: Enough!!

If you want to use this kind of attitude, do it somewhere else. Not here!. You obviously didn't accept my invitation to read my thread. This is my last warning to you.

[edit on 12-2-2007 by TheBandit795]

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
Everyone does it, no matter how much they claim they don't.

Understanding that and treating everyone how you would like to be treated, is how we bridge the gap and change the world.

I couldn't have said it better myself, Zedd.
The Ol' "Golden Rule".

I was thinking earlier, this thread is becoming a dramatic flame warand needs to be closed, but now I see otherwise.

And from a religious perspective, I have something to say..

It doesn't matter if your black, white, red, or blue. All that matters, is we are brothers and sisters amongst God. All we need to do, is respect others as we want tobe respected. And God will take it from there.

Peace and Love,
TD

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDesigner
It doesn't matter if your black, white, red, or blue. All that matters, is we are brothers and sisters amongst God. All we need to do, is respect others as we want tobe respected. And God will take it from there.

Peace and Love,
TD

Which GOD in particular were you referencing? Just so I have my facts strait. You send a good message aside from the god part. Keep in mind if you omitted "amongst God and "And God will take it from there." it would be just plain words to live by and not religiously related. just keep in mind that the whole world is'nt Christian and not all share your beliefs.

Good morals though!!!!

[edit on 11-2-2007 by shizzle5150]

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   
This thread has descended into the biggest waste of space I've ever seen on ATS, and there seems to be plenty of mods floating around here.

Why doesn't someone just close this up? I'm sure Intrepid has heard his fair share of arguing over this issue, which has been blown way out of proportion. The topic has changed from about one person to the entire issue of racism, and we have people from both sides mouthing off and making threats.

It makes us all look bad when you all act like children. YES it is a complex and important issue, but unless you all can act like adults when discussing it, then it shouldn't be discussed in the first place.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr
This thread has descended into the biggest waste of space I've ever seen on ATS, and there seems to be plenty of mods floating around here.

I didn't know why they allowed it to stay up in the first place. This seems too personal a complaint to be in Social Issues. Maybe it should be moved to 'Members.'

It started as a pity-party, then it became a magnet for racists, inadvertently or not.

That was fine.

When Ceci and truthseeka came on to defend themselves... well, it looks like that's when people started to have a problem with the thread.

I have to say that this thread served a purpose, at least for me. Some posters, who I used to respect, have totally lost that respect.

[edit on 12-2-2007 by HarlemHottie]

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 02:39 AM
link   
(I tried to edit this into my last post, but it wouldn't let me)

Originally posted by Bad Dog
However, if you feel that way then why do you stay? If this website is so bad and so offensive then why do you stay? Do you like being a victim?

No one is keeping anyone at this site. Everyone is free to leave at any time. If I felt that a site was beating me then I'd be gone. The internet is full of sites to post at. This isn't the only game in town.

It's not the site, it's some posters.

Sadly, I feel the same way Ceci does. Unfortunately, this is the only game in town when it comes to the quality of some of the other forums (9/11, WOT, US Politics, Paranormal, UFO).

So, the choice isn't that easy for us conspiracists of color. My identity consists of a cultural identity and a national identity. When it comes to 'American topics,' I love it here. When it comes to 'race topics,' I think ATS'ers totally lose it. Honestly. All that vaunted reason and deductive ability flies right out the window.

I have attempted to use the "complaint" button when I find posters breaking rules set by the T&C. The two times I've done it, no one was warned or anything (even though I posted both the rule they broke and a link to where they had broken it), so I've come to realize that it's a waste of time.

PS, Bad Dog, your post would have accomplished the same goal (of asking your question) without the "victim" comment. That was unneccesary and racially-motivated, and exactly what Ceci was talking about.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Since everyone else is sharing their experiences of being branded a racist, I didn't want to be left out. It took me a while to think of a time that happened, but I came through for all of you.

I used to work in a car dealership and one of the technicians used to wait until the end of the day when he was covered in dirt and grease and then he would try to give me a hug. I would jump back and say 'Ewwww Jale, you're filthy, don't touch me' and then Jale would say 'You don't want a hug because I'm black, you racist' and then I would smack him and we'd go to the pub for a beer with our co-workers.

Or there was that time we were at Kentucky Fried and I asked if I could pay extra for all white meat with my lunch and Jale decided that I was racist when it came to chicken.

I suppose that I could have taken offense at his comments, but that would have displayed the lack of a sense of humour on my part.

[edit on 12-2-2007 by Duzey]

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 05:18 AM
link   

That is quite all right. I forgive you. We all make mistakes.

Thanks

Institutional racism still happens. There are studies everyday mapping and studying its effects. Are you going to tell the researchers and scholars on this matter to move on?

That's their job. They're getting paid to do that, so why stop? Especially if that's the source of their income?

That's fine. But there are a disproportionate amount of people who don't have the money or the means to get out of it. What are you going to tell them?

I don't think you've read my first post in this thread.

I would tell them to start being grateful for what they do have, even if that may be little. Gratitude and appreciation are very important to have to live a more satisfying life. Perhaps I sound like I'm preaching here, but that's what I've seen in my experience that works, and there is also research done on that (as seen here). Everyone's lives is the exact mirror of their prevalent thoughts and feelings.

It's very simple, but extremely difficult, because it goes against what we've been taught about life and how it works.
I most certainly forgive the people of this thread. But, I will not idly stand by and let you repeat the same old stuff that some fall back on when they truly don't want to deal with the differences in treatment between races as a result of institutional racism.

I've repeated the same old stuff because life doesn't work that way. If life worked that way it should've either been solved either partly or entirely already.

Maybe you are the one holding a grudge and making me feel guilty for what I said.

Uhm hell no. I'm definately not doing that, and don't think that I'm trying to.

Forgiveness goes both ways, even in this thread.

true.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 05:20 AM
link   

By simply advocating in the WHM thread that no one ought to have an historical month. That, in essence, forces one to believe that they have to give up their culture to appease one race.

WRONG. Intreped (and BH and myself) all said that no one race should have a 'history month' ... but that the racial history should be taught during the ENTIRE YEAR and all together, like we are supposed to be, not separate.

That is NOT 'giving up a culture to appease another'.

That's teaching American history and American culture, of all Americans, throughout the year.

[edit on 2/12/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Whoever doesn't heed to my advice here and doesn't stop discussing the other person will be warned as of now. I've asked repeatedly to discuss the subject. And I'll say it again. The OP did NOT mean to offend or attack anyone. If you don't believe that, go post somewhere else. I'm mainly of the negroid race. If I was offended by his post I would've let him know a loooong time ago.

This will stop now.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Thank you, Bandit. You have some very important messages about how to be happy and content with one's self and one's life.

I just want to say again that it's interesting how when we (white people) have something to say that's about us, as Intrepid did in the first post, such serious offense is taken to the mere mention of the idea that we might have a complaint.

We're not allowed to complain about it. We should just bloody well take it.

Duzey,
I also wanted to say that I've had many black friends in my life and we have kidded around like you and your friend about both of our races and there never was any problem. I think the difference in intent of your friend's 'teasing you' and of Intrepid (and others with similar experiences) being seriously called racist, are worlds apart. I'm pretty sure the difference is clear.

That's also happened with gay friends, but I wouldn't call a gay stranger a derogatory name or tease him about his sexuality as I have friends.

And to tell the truth, I'm not asking that people stop calling me and thinking of me as a racist. I don't expect people to stop if that's what they think. Because I know that's too much to expect. I've learned that that's too much to expect.

I just want to exercise my right to state that I'm tired of it and that they're wrong about me. It's a mistake people sometimes make. I've made it myself and thought of someone as racist, only to learn later that they weren't or they were just 'protecting' themselves or something.

Unfortunately, I see the communications in this thread have only further divided people and I think that's very sad.

Lastly, I want to be crystal clear on my position. I know and acknowledge that racism toward blacks, personal and institutional (as defined before) exists. I know that discrimination exists. It's wrong and I don't practice them and I stop them whenever I can. I don't know what else people want from me.

I'd really like to know what else people expect from me.

[edit on 12-2-2007 by Benevolent Heretic]

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join