It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's So Hard to Make Threads on ATS!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Well we just can't have that can we time to beam this thread up

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Well we just can't have that can we time to beam this thread up

Okay then, me too!

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Use strange happenings in your life or personal unique views and present them as they could be conspirital. Hard to do and you might not always have something someone else hasnt covered in one way or another but Rome wasnt built in a day, so dont get down on yourself about it. I too feel a little nervous and a bit unintellectual at times, but give me a break Im only 16 lol.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 04:57 AM
link   
just had to create a loop didnt you mechanic
good one

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Incase anyone was wondering it is still very hard to make a thread no one has made already.

And heres a tip...

Check to see if a thread has already been made before you write it out. :bnghd:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Hasn't gotten any easier.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Agreed, but more motivation now...
Bronze just ain't my color..
SILVER Baby...silver....

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by enjoies05

I think you just need to find your niche for ATS. A subject you know something about.

Here is a few suggestions of how to do research.

Making High-Quality Threads : Ask and I'll Point You In The Right Direction

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

I have my niche. It's the Freshman Forum.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
:bash: I just thought of another thread to make, looked it up, found it, searched in and found out someone already made a thread about it. Again!! :shk:

I went through all of the same things and just gave up on starting threads. Most of them are multiple duplicates and some of them are even based on previous threads.

Don't sweat it. Unless the thread is absolutely identical, just post it. Put a new spin on it or add your own ideas if you can. Another way is to do the "Latest" or "Update" or "Still happening" title.
For instance, "Scientists say that dinosaurs are still extinct." or "Latest update - the swine flu still kills people." These seem to be pretty prevalent.

If you go for unique all of the time you'll miss most of your chances to get in on the big threads. There were dozens of swine flu threads but only a few scored heavy posting and they didn't necessarily get on the board first.

If somebody actually notices or cares that you've written a duplicate thread then they might say something or redirect to another thread but that doesn't seem to be a sticking point lately. Most of the ones who complain about it will have done the same thing on a few of their threads as well. Just shrug it off and start another thread.

One thing to remember is that you have to start threads if you want to get flags for status points so if you want to climb the ladder then just go for it.

Just so you understand, threads don't really need to mean much. Many of the very prolific thread starters simply write whatever is on their mind. No event, relevant subject or news needed. Some of the OPs will write three or four of these a day.

Have fun.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
I don't find it too hard to post a thread, It's relitivly easy to start a thread. The problem is starting a thread that people like to post to. Most of my threads either dissapear off into oblivion or get the :smack!: THREAD CLOSED option.

But It no longer disturbs me. I find that I have a crapshoot as far as making threads go. I post what I feel is relevent and interesting and I see how it goes. Personaly I find most of my threads die a slow painfull death but for some silly reason a thread of mine that I won't mention seems to be going strong.

So keep posting after a while one of em has got to be a gem!

So you are the guy I have to beat.

I am angling for the booby prize of the most threads with the fewest views and replies.

If you have a thread that is still going then I have to win hands down.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

I have my niche. It's the Freshman Forum.

I had a good niche, I was one of the few members who seemed to be really interested in Yellowstone.... then that swarm hit it in December/January and got what feels like 50 new people on that topic..... damn.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Who said you have to be a thread starter? Why not simply contribute to an existing thread?

Also, just because something was posted a year ago, doesn't mean you're expected to find it, and not bring it up again. Often, new information could revive an old topic, and there's no need to "necropost" to discuss it....

Now, if we're talking about breaking news, well, just the nature of the beast. Personally, I usually get better news info here than anywhere else, on a breaking story...mostly because we have some very analytical minds here trying to make sense of it the moment it occurs....

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Who said you have to be a thread starter? Why not simply contribute to an existing thread?

Because if they did that they would never accumulate "flags".

If you have been on ATS for 20 years and contributed to every existing thread and got more stars then in the night sky they would still remain an apprentice.

You have to make threads and you have to get people to "flag' your post in order to get your badges of recognition.

That is why some people just openly request that you please flag their post.

They know the power of the flag.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I am not really shure what do you mean with that thread. (must said i didnt check your profile, so i dont know what you are writing about and why all those threads still exit at ats)

What are your thoughts?
Which kind of conspiracy do you know, and what are your questions. (if you have some). I recognized that if you have questions here at ATS, there are people who can answer them. Really good answers.

What are you interested in?
Religion, Aliens, Old Civilisations, Politic, Relationships, Music, simple Stories, etc??
Try to find it out
and if you have a question, guess the people here can answer it
))
and if there exist another thread about, guess its not so bad if they bring it into yours then, or?

Nia

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Hey great thread.
I've often wondered what you have to do get a thread up and running.

I just posted my first thread in a year (I've only ever started 4 threads in the whole time I've been here so I think I might qualify for the booby prize too)

www.belowtopsecret.com...

It's the Rappa Dolla being killed thread.
Posted it in breaking alt. news and it ended up in the People forum at BTS.
Thought that because it happened in such a public place that it was news but apparently not.

After reading some of the tips on the suggested threads, I've just realised that it's best to pick a headline article with the most controversial title....if you have a few sources to pick from of course.

I realise that the Rappa Dolla one I picked was pretty bland.

There was another that was titled "Rappa Dolla shot and killed in packed los angeles shopping mall"........probably should have gone for that one.

Probably also should've read this thread first too for some tips lol

Is there any difference with BTS and ATS when it comes to views, flags etc?
Just wondering.....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join