It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's So Hard to Make Threads on ATS!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Everytime I think of something to make a thread about someone has already made about it. Is there anything ATS hasn't covered?!

And then if I find a breaking news story, 2 seconds after it breaks I go to make a thread about it and theres already 7 threads! Do these people sit with a topic ready to be written and keep hitting the refresh button on news sites?!!?

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I know what you mean...

This place has high standards I get nervous before submitting threads. So I usually don't bother. I get horribly embarrassed if I get a thread locked for instance for it being a repeat thread...

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05

Everytime I think of something to make a thread about someone has already made about it. Is there anything ATS hasn't covered?!

I feel for you. I in fact have a personal treasure trove of threads in the company trash bin. Several more with the golden thread lock on them.

And then if I find a breaking news story, 2 seconds after it breaks I go to make a thread about it and theres already 7 threads! Do these people sit with a topic ready to be written and keep hitting the refresh button on news sites?!!?

Nah, I think it is a conspiracy. We must unite! And start a revolution!!!

----

Okay, we'll have to skip the revolution bit, but stick with it. In time you will have the opportunity to create an earth shattering thread that no one else had done before. At least the possibility is there, just keep trying.

[edit on 2/9/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I feel the same way. I too have thought these people must have a link to the media before I do. I usually just try it, sometimes it's good, most times it's not. ATS has been basically gone through everything 10 times. It's like cold leftovers, you can heat it up, but it just doesn't taste the same. Since coming to BTS, I find it's much nicer over. No arguing or fighting, everyone is friendly, just laid back. Going over to ATS? Be prepared to break out the teeth and claws to defend your opinions. Don't get me wrong, ATS is fun to read, but BTS feels more like home.

What were we talking about again.......

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
If it was easy, anybody could do it.

If it really bothers you, spend some time (hrs, days, weeks, whatever) to come up with something that is personally special and unique to you.

Make good. "If you build it, they will come"

PS I alway check CNN.com, BBC.com before I come here.

Plus don't let your feeling be hurt, because of this. I'm sure everybody has been bounced for doing a doup thread.

[edit on 9-2-2007 by Royal76]

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Rather than trying to author a thread that is covering the latest breaking news, try to author one that pertains to an ongoing issue. Rather than reporting news, offer an opinion on something that people may consider "sensitive". ATS has plenty of forums and they all cover a wide range of subjects. I think we would be hard pressed to come across a subject that could not be inserted somewhere. So keeping that in mind, we have plenty to work with.

I think it is reasonable to have more than one thread on a subject. Assuming that the thread is looking at it from a different angle, seems to be more than appropriate in my opinion. So someone may have previously covered the subject, but have they looked at it from your perspective?

I mean, look at 9/11. How many angles and perspectives can one day have? The number increases by the hour. ATS houses much, much more than breaking news. Find something that peaks your interest and dig in.

After a few threads, it becomes slightly easier. But I think we all go through them "dry spells" where, for the life of us, we can not manage to think of one single subject that we would like to discuss. I think I am in one of those currently. Nothing seems to be catching my eye and I find myself observing rather than discussing. It happens, and it will happen again in the future. I try not to get discouraged. Just keep the eyes and ears open.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   
It is tough, but keep trying and you'll get it eventually.

Tim

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
:bash: I just thought of another thread to make, looked it up, found it, searched in and found out someone already made a thread about it. Again!! :shk:

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
No, not hitting your fellow member (which is hard to do on the internet, no matter how tempting
) but to hone your skills as a "counter-puncher." The finest boxers are counter-punchers, and I find the best category of posters on ATS to be those that respond to threads intelligently, not the actual thread starters (OP's). There are exceptions... Valhall comes to mind as a titan amongst OP's... But she is the exception, not the rule.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
I find the best category of posters on ATS to be those that respond to threads intelligently, not the actual thread starters (OP's).

Well I hope to join that category because I give up on making threads :shk:

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Why not: "Undercover Overweight Lesbian Hookers Kidnapped by Aliens and forced into weight loosing programs: is this ethical?"

then again someone possibly made a thread about this already....

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
A thread about threads ! brilliant.
I love it!!

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Do these people sit with a topic ready to be written and keep hitting the refresh button on news sites?!!?

Yes.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paresthesia

Do these people sit with a topic ready to be written and keep hitting the refresh button on news sites?!!?

Yes.

Oh.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I don't find it too hard to post a thread, It's relitivly easy to start a thread. The problem is starting a thread that people like to post to. Most of my threads either dissapear off into oblivion or get the :smack!: THREAD CLOSED option.

But It no longer disturbs me. I find that I have a crapshoot as far as making threads go. I post what I feel is relevent and interesting and I see how it goes. Personaly I find most of my threads die a slow painfull death but for some silly reason a thread of mine that I won't mention seems to be going strong.

So keep posting after a while one of em has got to be a gem!

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
So keep posting after a while one of em has got to be a gem!

You know that first hand, Mr. If I make a thread about how no one replies to my threads it will reach 7+ pages long!

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   

You know that first hand, Mr. If I make a thread about how no one replies to my threads it will reach 7+ pages long!

I wouldnt have any idea what you are talking about.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   

I believe that is called Murphy's Law!

You have a problem you can't seem to solve, so you set out to get hep. In trying to prove your problem is Real, you get the oppisite resault.

Murphy's Law: What can go wrong, will go wrong!

Tim

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 05:39 AM
link   
This thread needs a bump...

[edit on 23-2-2007 by whatukno]

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Yes it did! It was down 4 places from the top!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join