It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi Resistance Calls for Joint Effort

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
A long and detailed "open" letter was just published in a newspaper in Kitabat, Iraq urging the various resistance forces there to unite under a central command to fight the United States and its puppet government. It is urging that all groups, Sunni, Shiite and Kurd unite for the goal of freeing Iraq from the occupiers. It goes on to urge them to adopt the Vietcong model.

www.watchingamerica.com
An 'Open Letter' to the Iraqi Resistance; Call for 'Joint Action'

By Ali Al-Hamdani
Translated By Mutasem Sinnokrot

February 4, 2007
Iraq Kitabat Original Article (Arabic)

To all the organizations, fronts, and fighting resistance movements in Iraq: warm nationalist greetings.

I write this open letter certain that it will find its way into your hands and that it will be viewed and read by the Iraqi people. May God bless you and help you in your cause, strengthen your hearts and your footholds, and make you a part of those who never run in fear (Quran: If you abide by Allah's rules he will bestow victory upon you and strengthen your position).

I begin by saying that Allah's hand strengthens those who are united (Quran: All be faithful to Allah and never disperse). I want to say that it is always of great benefit to learn from the experience of others. Let us learn the lessons of history and develop plans that can be executed quickly.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Well ain't this a fine kettle of fish! This letter which is quoted in full on the link provided seems to be calling for the ouster of the United States but Iran as well. If these disparate groups have caused so much death and damage without a central command as it were, unified they would be far worse. It also seems to contradict the primary bush assertion that the majority of the resistance is financed and backed by Iran, rather it is as it has been presented in other sources, a more homespun effort, coupled with a growing civil war.
It seems to me, that we are simply damned there...we stay we are damned to bleed and die, and if we go, the nation will continue to unravel until it either breaks apart into separate states, or its neighbors devour the remains, if only for peace on their doorsteps.

What dogs of war have you unleashed Mr. Bush? Certainly not the ones you wanted.

Related News Links:
www.watchingamerica.com

[edit on 8-2-2007 by grover]

[edit on 8-2-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Good for them, bad for the troops. One more reason why to get out of there. And Bush want to attack Iran... well March will be warm.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
It seems to me that the letter is a call for unification from the Sunni states in the area to help Iraq.

Clearly its states that they are the ones getting most of the targeting.

Interesting that somebody is trying to gather support for the Sunnis.

Remember that Sunnis and Iran were in war during Saddam sunni rule.

Iran will support Shiites that are friendly to Iran and they are after all the ruling class in Iraq now.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
bush minor is a fool and a dangerous and self-deluded fool at that. If the resistance forces unite into a common front, AND then we attack Iran (who has already said they would respond, as would be their right) it will become a bloodbath for our troops and that idiot will not see it or ever admit it... and would probably try and call even more to bleed and die for him.

[edit on 8-2-2007 by grover]

top topics

join