It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 33 rites of Freemasons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I once found a link posted on ATS referring to a url with the first through 33rd rites of freemasonry posted (the full text of each rite). I've tried to find the link again with little luck, can anyone help me out?

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shifter
I once found a link posted on ATS referring to a url with the first through 33rd rites of freemasonry posted (the full text of each rite). I've tried to find the link again with little luck, can anyone help me out?

Is this what you're talking about?

www.scottish-rite-mn.org...

or perhaps this

www.freedomdomain.com...

Just by way of clarification, they're called "degrees" not "rites" A "rite" is a collection of "degrees" organized as one group or "body" of Freemasonry.

Ancient Craft Masonry consists of three degrees. (Entered Apprentice, Fellow Craft, Master Mason) Master Mason is the highest.

The so-called "Ancient & Accepted Scottish Rite" consists of the first three degrees with additional (not "higher") degrees consisting of the 4th-33rd, inclusive.

Hope this helps.

[edit on 8-2-2007 by Appak]

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Here is and interesting little tidbit for you. Any 3rd degree master mason can petition to join the degrees of the Scottish Right. Once you are in, the degrees seldom come in order. so a 32nd degree may only have a couple other degrees under his belt. It sorta depends on what degree is being performed at the time.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedPill
Here is and interesting little tidbit for you. Any 3rd degree master mason can petition to join the degrees of the Scottish Right. Once you are in, the degrees seldom come in order. so a 32nd degree may only have a couple other degrees under his belt. It sorta depends on what degree is being performed at the time.

Actually RedPill, they (the degrees of the Scottish Rite) DO come in order. But typically not ALL 29 degrees (4th-32nd inclusive) are conferred in full-form. Some (often many) are "commicated" The basic teachings/lessons of the degree are explained without being dramatically portrayed. In the AASR-SJ, USA there are five "Obligatory" degrees. These five MUST be portrayed in full-form and there is no exception. They are the "terminal degrees" 4th, 14th, 18th, 30th & 32nd.

So to sum up what you said a Master Mason who petitions the Scottish Rite and receives the degree in one day will come away having witnessed only five additional degrees, but possessing 29 additional degrees.

He may or may not ever receive the K.C.C.H. or 33rd.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I had the impression that some of the 'rites' were passed on orally, without a written 'script' as it were.......I got this impression from something my Dad said about a certain fellow who wanted to join, but would have a problem memorizing all that he would need to.

Perhaps he only meant that some written text would need to be memorized, but it was in the context of Dad having to help this fellow by repeating lines to him, for him to memorize. ( Of course, it could have been that the other guy just had never learned to read.)

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by frayed1
I had the impression that some of the 'rites' were passed on orally, without a written 'script' as it were.......I got this impression from something my Dad said about a certain fellow who wanted to join, but would have a problem memorizing all that he would need to.

Perhaps he only meant that some written text would need to be memorized, but it was in the context of Dad having to help this fellow by repeating lines to him, for him to memorize. ( Of course, it could have been that the other guy just had never learned to read.)

Yes some degrees at least in Blue Lodge (your first three degrees) have what are called Catechisms which are memorized dialog that are important to the ritual. They are a pain in the ### to memorize but are very important.

new topics

top topics

join