It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Non Medical Remedy's for Stomach/ G-Reflux?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I Have Gastro-esphagial reflux(not sure if i spelled that right). I'm looking for any Medical Remedy's any body else who might have this uses. Right now I'm paying out $145 a month for Prevacid.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
You can try some lifestyle changes.
Quit smoking if you smoke. Stay away from coffee and alcohol. Instead of 3 meals a day eat 5 smaller ones. If you are overweight, working on that may help.
The Doctor who prescribed Prevacid really should have discussed this with you. Our culture is too used to popping pills for any ailment. Doing the things listed above are much better for your health anyway.

Good luck

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
There are over-the-counter remedies available that are probably just as good as Prevacid and are much cheaper. Both systemic drugs such as Pepcid as well as simple antiacids like Tums or Mylanta could work. I think Pepcid has a a combination tablet called Pepcid Complete that I've used before with good results.

[edit on 2/8/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I would try chenging your diet for starters. Second try Mangosteen comes in pill form, it might help.

Also High acidity foods will wreak havoc on yoru system, sounds like you need more Alkaline

Alkaline-producing examples:
Fruits
Vegetables
Sprouts
Cereal grasses
Herbs

The acid and alkaline balance can be changed by simple practices such as:

Soak mildly acid-forming foods such as whole grains and legumes before cooking them, starting the sprouting process, which is alkalizing.
Chew thoroughly the complex carbohydrates as grains, vegetables, and legumes in order to mix them with salvia, a very alkaline fluid that begins the digestive process.
Do not drink while eating, as this stops the digestive process from beginning within the mouth.
The correct ratio of acid and alkaline forming foods is difficult to know since the balance is altered by chewing, food preparation, individual lifestyle, genetics, exercise, and mental outlook. However, those prone to infections, viruses, excess mucus problems and other toxic acidic conditions need to increase their alkaline diet.

Acid-forming examples:

75% Alkaline Foods

25% Acidic Foods

Meats
fish
poultry
eggs
most dairy (Milk is approximately neutral in acid/alkaline but high in mucus-forming attributes such as fat.)
most grains and legumes (Millet and roasted buckwheat are slightly alkalizing. Soy and lima beans are extremely alkalizing.)
refined sugars
drugs
food chemicals

Hope it helps man.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Zantac (Ranitidine) is over the counter and works very well, better than Tums or anything else, except maybe Prevacid. But try Zantac, the generic is very cheap.

top topics

join