It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Identifies 100 Alleged U.S. and Israeli Spies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Iran claimed in its semi-official news service Fars that they had identified 100 spies in the Iranian government working for the United States and Israel. They also arrested a number of Iranians overseas who were expressing interest in taking classes on espionage.

www.breitbart.com
Iran has said it had identified 100 spies working for the United States and Israel in border areas of the Islamic state.

"One hundred people who were directly working for the US and Israeli intelligence ... who were intending to collect political and military information were identified and are now in our intelligence net," Intelligence Minister Gholam Hossein Mohseni Ejeie was quoted as saying.

The minister added that a number of Iranians who wanted to take part in spying courses abroad had also been arrested, the semi-official Fars news agency reported Thursday.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

In a sense, this reminds me of McCarthy claiming that the Pentagon was riddled with spies. Lots of accusations, little proof to back them up. Assuming that Iran is telling the truth, the international community won't pay attention and they will look like propagandists if they don't provide evidence.

[edit on 2/8/2007 by Togetic]

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
So . . . you don't believe that Iran is full of spies? I thought that US have spies all over the world, why not in Iran.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Israël admitted that they had mossad agents high in Iranian ranks... So it's not really a surprise. I think they waited for this long to catch a lot of them in one shot...

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Not surprising. Someone has to be there making up this information they churn out. Money can turn a lot of people to do some crazy things.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Oh this is too funny, I wonder how many of these so called "spies" are really just critics of the Mullahs and the Iranian government as well as reformists? A convenient cover to get rid of them. Considering the fact that the US and Isreal did not even have 100 "spies" in Iraq before the War; considering the fact that we are lacking when it comes to HUMINT I would be extremely impressed if the US has 100 or more "spies" in Iran.

Come on Iran, you can surly do better?

[edit on 8-2-2007 by WestPoint23]

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Instead of laughing you guy's might want to start putting all our government officials in jail before your children come back with no arms or leg's from the next war.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
strange how people will proclaim the awesomeness and stealth of the Mossad on a consistant basis and then when they get caught they attribute it to conspiracy or imaginations as though they never meander beyond the borders of Israel. Perhaps if the Israelis minded their own business instead of constant provacation there wouldn't be so many problems but I think their paranoia gets the better of them. Egypt just found a spy ring and an egyptian operating out of Canada turned himself in as well as his 3 handlers who coaxed him to turn. They've been caught in Lebanon, Syria and even here in the United States so why would anyone even laugh as though the Israelis are ones to not spy on their enemies as well as their allies. Ridiculous that you even have so much faith in them.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 05:47 AM
link   
If this is the case, then I am sorely disappointed. I would have hoped that we had many times that number working in HUMINT.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Just for comparison...

Prior to, and during OIF, the US contacted multiple sources within the Iraq government; soldiers, politicians, generals etc... in order to convince them to work for us. The US had no, at least to my knowledge, "covert agents" spying among the Iraqi officials, all were hired locals. Anyway, all of these "contacts" did not even come close to numbering 100, that would have made our job too easy. Most of the information the US got during the first days of the war about Saddam's whereabouts come from two sources (codenamed Rockstar) which disappeared shortly after the war started.

new topics

top topics

join