It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Congressman Norwood stops cancer treatment and goes for hospice care

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Georgia Republican Congressman Charlie Norwood elected to stop cancer treatment and return home. He has not resigned from his seat though. Hospice care is usually given when someone is expected to live less than a year. Cancer is hard to fight in later stages and inflicts much pain upon the cancer patient.

news.aol.com
Norwood's spokesman, John Stone, said the seven-term Republican is not resigning his seat in Congress , but he said Norwood has decided to be home with his family and "put it in the Lord's hands."

"He has spent three months just sick as a dog and finally just said, 'That's it. I'm going home,'" Stone said. "The goal now is to make him as comfortable as he can be ... for as long as the Lord will let him stay with us, and nobody knows how long that will be."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It is quite sad to hear anyone suffer from cancer. Even the wealthy get afflicted with this ailment. Hopefully his family will get the miracle for which they are praying. It's been my experience though that cancer is very hard to treat once it has spread beyond the original cancer source.

I am wondering how this will affect Congress. I know that when the President dies, the Vice-President takes over.

[edit on 8-2-2007 by UM_Gazz]

join