It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Apparition

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I'm new and wanted to chime in a bit since everybody is kind of telling their stories. I moved into this house 20 some years ago and the first night I was here I saw a figure. What happened was the grandfather started striking midnight and as it started at one this black figure came from the hallway and entered my room. It came through the door and out the wall it didn't look at me as far as I remember. It wasn't see through but it was black and it had a fedora I think on. The figure was abour six foot three or so as it was about as big as my mirrored dresser. It was freaky and I was about 7 or so at the time and didn't sleep in my own room for years after it happened. I've seen some other things but it's not related to the shadow. As far as the main post I think they were either messing around with a Ouijaboard or maybe playing Light as a feather stiff as a board. Though I'm not sure if that would actually call anything.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Thank you for posting Valhallas that was a really incredible event you must have witnessed there. You wouldn't happen to be in the Yuma area, Arizona?

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
So a little research so far has not produced much.

HOWEVER, something interesting did come up. The house is on a plateau just outside of a small municipality. The area is known by it's American Indian name which means "place of evil spirits"

more to come

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Wow "place of evil spirits" ,and Indian legends...I am sure glad I don't live in that part of the 'hood.I am guessing that info is not advertised too freely either.That is really darn interesting though!

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
To Sandman,your story provoked a memory of something similar that happened to me when I was about 19.I have not thought of this memory for years and I seem to have blocked it out.I think the reason for blocking it was because I had to live in a creepy basement apartment for a few years after.Anyway My mom had bought a new house that was built over a farmers field.I slept in the basement.One night when the furnace lit up and woke me up,in the light of the blue pilot flame.I saw a Fire man coming down the stairs with his helmet,yellow rain coat and Axe in hand.This totally alarmed me and I jumped to turn on the light switch.Then there was no one in the basement,just me.The really strange part was that the furnace that I was facing while I slept,was on the opposite side where there are no stairs.This fireman climbed down stairs that were not there.Needless to say I moved out a few weeks later and never thought about it until now.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mistr_b2
To Sandman,your story provoked a memory of something similar that happened to me when I was about 19.

Did you feel anything before or after. I forgot to tell this but before I saw it I was trying to go to sleep and having a hard time I was really restless. Then he appeared and my heart started jumping I didn't want him to see me so I acted like I was sleeping and when he passed I pretty much fell asleep. I was just wondering if that was normal the restless part I mean. That story was a bit weird though. My guess was that there was probably a big fire or something and they had to rebuild the house/basement.

[edit on 22-2-2007 by sandman441]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I wasn't really restless I am a very light sleeper and the noise of someone walking around the room or the sound of the furnace flame turning on is enough to wake me.I do remember watching this Fireman slowly walking down invisible stairs and he looked totally alive and real but no face just could see the big fire Helmet and yellow coat.I stared for about 30 seconds until the pilot light turned off ,I was trying to think if it was real or part of my dream but I knew I was completely awake so then I jumped to turn on main lights.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Enumclaw.

It's name derives from a local Native American word meaning "Place of evil spirits" and is named after a mountain about six miles north of the town. The local Indians believed that the Thunder Bird lived in a cave on this mountain, and had changed tribesmen into thunder for all time.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Kudos to you....Yes the area is Enumclaw (which narrows down my agency....thank you ! just kidding). If you do more research on it, or are familiar with the area, you know there is another legend that roams the area. I would have to guess the "evil spirit" moniker most likely refers to that large, hairy, bi-pedal creature that many report seeing, and has been a part of American Indian Legend here forever. That ties in more with the Thunder Bird stories and is another entire post altogether.

It still is an interesting piece of this story though. The only acutal tribe remaining in the area is not the one that named the mountain and surrounding vicinity "enumclaw". I tried to follow up the local legend of the mountain but hit a dead end.

It appears (according to public records anyway) that the land and buildings on it recently passed ownership again via a will. There is no existing history of the ownership beyond the past 10 years or so. The building code for the house describes a much smaller house then is there now. So there has been an upgrade, which explains the tools, lumber, etc in the basement.

Someone had asked in an earlier post reply about the kids' activities prior to the incident and if it involved TV. Honestly, I don't know. I would imagine being kids there was TV, or movies, etc going on at the time but would that explain the incident? Perhaps if they "spooked" themselves, but that does not explain our dispatcher hearing foot steps, nor does it explain what we saw upon our arrival and the crash in the basement. I can get past the crash. That could have been anything. But as of today, years past the event, I have never been able to come up with a good explantion of what I saw. I think the info here about the "shadow men" is as close as I have seen yet. And maybe a Ouija Board. The threads on this site about those boards are certainly thought provoking.

So someone is probably asking..what about the other two guys? One, the rookie, did not meet some of our stringent training requirements and is no longer with the department. I have no contact with him. The other is around and I see him often. But we NEVER talk about that day and frankley I would feel like an idiot walking up to him and saying "let's talk about that apparition." In this job there are somethings that are not done. Dealing in or talking about something outside of hard reality is one of those things. Hence, my anonymity on this site; I still have a career to rummage about with.

[edit on 2/23/07 by Valhallas Butler]

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Valhallas,

Thanks for taking the time to follow up.

Did the apparition have any Indian resemblance at all?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join