It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Visitors to the Americas

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by canadianguy
Hey BASSPLYR

I was listening to C2C last night and there was a fellow by the name of Glenn Kimball and he was talking about these mounds that are being found from Canada all the way to South America. In these mounds they are finding artifacts which depict ancient Egyptian and Greek pictures carved on clay and rocks. I will give the link to that site tell me what you think....

www.coasttocoastam.com...

Wow - amazing! If they ARE indeed real that is. Do we know anything more about these artifacts? Who dug them up? Have any been dated? Some are made of clay - so I assume they can be dated.

Regards,

Jimbo

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Unfortunately c2c is an entertainment channel and they tend to make up stuff that has no basis in fact.

Oddly there is no recent mention of mounds with anything unusual showing up. There was some misidentified material from the late 17th and 18th century taken from mounds and those reports are compiled in Corliss's books and website. Again unfortunately they have not been found to have any substance.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Has there been any newer interest in this topic from any of you out there?

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SumnerKagan

After the obvious fakes in the C2C link (above,) I think most folks here were too sickened to even consider it any further.

Harte

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
An amazing discovery of 2,000 year old mummies in the Tarim basin of Western China occurred in the early 90s. But more amazing than the discovery itself was the astonishing fact that the mummies were blond haired and long nosed. In 1993, Victor Mayer a college professor collected DNA from the mummies and his tests verified that the bodies were all of European genetic stock.

could this be one of the white men with long nose and beard that spread civilization thousands of years ago..

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by fatdad

Yes i have heard of this too, fascinating stuff. It seems ancient peoples already virtually navigated the globe before the new world explorers..A good source of info on this as follows..awww.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/a-meeting-of-civilisations-the-mystery-of-chinas-celtic-mummies-413638.html -
This is not a link though, i just copied and paste the address....

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
dble post, my bad. See next post.

[edit on 2-11-2008 by IvanZana]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
There is a great documentary dealing with this exact subject.

America’s Stone Age Explorers

NOVA investigates the evidence for and controversies surrounding who the first Americans were, where they came from, and how they arrived in the Americas.The program:
• reports how a type of prehistoric spearhead—known as the Clovispoint—was found in 1933 in Clovis, New Mexico, and later discoveredin all 48 contiguous states, Mexico, Belize, and Costa Rica.

• notes that mammoth bones found near the Clovis point were dated at13,500 years ago, coinciding with the end of the last great Ice Age and mass extinction of some 35 genera of big animals, or megafauna.

• presents the conventional, so-called Clovis-first theory—that Clovispeople crossed a now-submerged land bridge spanning the BeringStrait and then made their way south via an ice-free corridor between the great ice sheets that covered most of Canada.

• reviews controversial archeological evidence indicating the entry ofpre-Clovis people, and reports on a possible Ice Age migration route along the Pacific coastline of Alaska.

• explains how mitochondrial DNA was used to strengthen the casethat people migrated to the Americas at least 20,000 years ago.

• relates the search for the origins of the Clovis point and recountsthe findings of similar spear points made by the Solutreans of Ice Age France and Spain.

• reports on evidence from a site in Virginia that some scientists claimbridges a 5,000-year gap between Solutrean and Clovis points.

• examines Inuit survival strategies to understand how prehistoric European travelers could have made an Ice Age Atlantic Ocean crossing.

• voices criticisms of the transatlantic theory, for instance, that manytypes of Solutrean artifacts and personal ornaments are not found inNorth America.

• reports on an emerging new portrait of the first Americans as people who arrived by various routes 20,000 years ago, spread throughout thecountry and eventually started making the Clovis point—perhaps the first great American invention—13,500 years ago.

[edit on 2-11-2008 by IvanZana]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I have heard about these clovis people before somewhere, though i forgot the name, so i could not learn more about them. I probaly read about them before on ATS before i joined this site. Some great info there IvanZana. Do you think the Basque people of spain and france, also some indiginous peoples of the british isles(pre-celtic) , could be direct descendents of these?

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join