It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Visitors to the Americas

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 05:20 AM
link   
thankyou for your reply and site links marduk.the lack of detail is my fault,not the authors.i have a shockingly bad memory at times,and right now i can't get to my books as there all in storage
plus,i'm still learning about these things,so all information is good

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 05:34 AM
link   
i have also read that a lot of british ppl have middle eastern and mongolian genes.this dates from a.d. not b.c. though.

i know a lot of ppl like to go on about the "white gods" that are to be found in central america,but i find the olmec heads more interesting as they have the appearance of african or asian men.depending on who you believe that is....at the moment i am undecided as more research is needed

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 05:39 AM
link   
One thing that irks me about these posts is the classification some people use in discribing other peoples and cultures. (Off topic, sure but it irks me). Negroid, negritic, Asiatic, Asiopacific, north american indian, a bit too broard? I would'nt be too fond of caucasoid, caucasitic, etc. How bout we be like scientists and call them as people from where they are decended from?

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   

How bout we be like scientists and call them as people from where they are decended from

ok good idea i'll second that emoticon
so what shall we call people who are descended from races that at the end of the ice age lived in the caucasus region
any idea ?

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk
nope
its the truth
why don't you check it out for yourself if you're actually interested in reality and not something thats been formed in your imagination without looking at the facts

before you critize my knowledge on this issue, you better freshen up on your knowledge. All you are finding to support you theories are other peoples hard work. Where are your books that you have wrote on this subject. I have not seen any significant proof of anyside of this matter and I don't think we will see any from you. I have all ready posted a thread on this subject and I think you only commented acouple of times and it was all bashing. You want us to keep an open mind on what you are saying but you don't want to have on for what we might think. "You would find out that life is better lived with out hatered twards your fellow man"

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
you don't have any knowledge on this subject as you have already proved
here was your original post

What are your views on the Americas being the Atlantis! Yucatan being the Land of the Dead for the Egyptians! What was found in the belly of the Egyptian King Tuts mummy?! Whas their coc aine leaves? I heard this on some old discovery channel show> Can't remember which show it was on

clearly this is one of the most ignorant starting posts in the history of ATS
I have posted many times in this thread not just a couple compared to three times that you have posted ignorant information based on ignorance. my posts were backed on most occaisons by links from factual sources whereas all your information was from some old show on discovery but you can't remember what it was on

You're now saying that unless someone has written a book on this subject they have no right to comment and that in your opinion this would mean that anyone who does post who isn't an author doesnt have an open mind
imo you don't actually have a mind so you're not really one to talk are you
wheres the book that you have written ?
of course by your own rules the fact that you haven't means that you don't have any right to comment and you don't have an open mind
so this links just for you
read and learn
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 28-2-2007 by Marduk]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk
you don't have any knowledge on this subject as you have already proved
here was your original post

What are your views on the Americas being the Atlantis! Yucatan being the Land of the Dead for the Egyptians! What was found in the belly of the Egyptian King Tuts mummy?! Whas their coc aine leaves? I heard this on some old discovery channel show> Can't remember which show it was on

clearly this is one of the most ignorant starting posts in the history of ATS
I have posted many times in this thread not just a couple compared to three times that you have posted ignorant information based on ignorance. my posts were backed on most occaisons by links from factual sources whereas all your information was from some old show on discovery but you can't remember what it was on

You're now saying that unless someone has written a book on this subject they have no right to comment and that in your opinion this would mean that anyone who does post who isn't an author doesnt have an open mind
imo you don't actually have a mind so you're not really one to talk are you
wheres the book that you have written ?
of course by your own rules the fact that you haven't means that you don't have any right to comment and you don't have an open mind
so this links just for you
read and learn
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 28-2-2007 by Marduk]

I don't sit back all day on my computer trying to get all heated up on subjects I have no idea what they are about. I guess you never read My whole thread? If you have you would see that I do have knowledge of this subject. But you are too busy slap fighting with Byrd about some math numbers. LOL
byrd is right
but back to the subject. All you ever do is bash anything any body ever says that remotely critizises you. And I lkie how you jump to conclusions, on that book thing. I only think that if you and only you don't have a book written then all your comments are worth less. How do you like it. You need to grow up and stop living on the computer.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
yeah,what marduk said,lol.

and what are we supposed to call the different races of ppl?
i don't think you could call them all from their countries of origin as plenty of theses places didn't exist 1000's of years ago

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
whats the point of an open mind if you don't fill it with knowledge?

i don't think it matters if the thread has been posted before,and everyone has their own beliefs that they stick to.

and if you don't agree with someone there's no need to get angry and insulting....

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I don't sit back all day on my computer trying to get all heated up on subjects I have no idea what they are about.

maybe then you should read and learn and save us all from your posting

I guess you never read My whole thread?

I have read the whole thread as any idiot could see by the number of my posts that are all the way through it
and it isn't your thread, you're just the OP and you've posted less than a handful of times

If you have you would see that I do have knowledge of this subject

laughable its quite clear you know nothing at all

you are too busy slap fighting with Byrd about some math numbers

I haven't fought with Byrd anywhere in this thread
are you reading the right page

All you ever do is bash anything any body ever says that remotely critizises you.

you're saying that personal attacks are a good thing then
that explains your last three posts
thanks

. And I lkie how you jump to conclusions, on that book thing

i concluded from your statement that you are claiming that if you havent had a book publsihed on this particular subject in your opinion a poster knows nothing and has no right to comment

I only think that if you and only you don't have a book written then all your comments are worth less.

so I was right, you are truly ignorant

How do you like it. You need to grow up and stop living on the computer.

theres this psyoclogical condition called transference
its where you delude yourself that other people are just like you because of a mental disorder that only you have
perhaps you should research it a little
you'd recognise yourself

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jakyll
i have also read that a lot of british ppl have middle eastern and mongolian genes.this dates from a.d. not b.c. though.

Actually the dna evidence points more towards the Iberian peninsula region.

source

THE Irish and Scots may be as closely related to the people of Spain and Portugal as the Celts of central Europe.
Historians have long believed the British Isles were invaded by Iron Age Celts from central Europe in about 500 BC. But geneticists at Dublin’s Trinity College now claim the Scots and Irish have as much, if not more, in common with the people of north-western Spain.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I'm with Marduk, ask a responsible adult to take you to a libary (they keep books in them) and do a bit of research, reading handcock on the bus is not research.

I'm part Maya and i find your claptrap very insulting this "person" should be removed as a member

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by occams
I'm with Marduk, ask a responsible adult to take you to a libary (they keep books in them) and do a bit of research, reading handcock on the bus is not research.

I'm part Maya and i find your claptrap very insulting this "person" should be removed as a member

You are kidding right. You want someone banned for having an opinion, even an illinformed one. I dont think thats what this site is about.
How about we just try to pass on knowledge so that the 'member' in question can have a well informed opinion rather than banning. That to me would be way more productive.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
yup i agree
if you find someone insulting to your heritage Occam then its up to you to explain why
he is more than likely ignorant of any harm his comments have caused and will in all likelihood apologise for doing so.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
(sigh)

Let's keep it civil, folks. Attack the idea, but not the person.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by mij kraor
could the native americans in the usa once been the egyptians that were here 1000s of years ago..
NO
We have been here for much longer than that. Our legends go back to pre ice age. There are glyphs all over the country from various dates in time as well.

Please don't try to trivialize my culture by making it yet another offshoot of the ancient egyptians. there is no evidence to support that.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Please don't try to trivialize my culture by making it yet another offshoot of the ancient egyptians. there is no evidence to support that.

I agree theres no proof of that
but
Graham Hancock links the NA with the Avestic Aryans of pre islamic Iran on page 215 of fingerpaints of the gods
so if hes saying it then it must be true
of course the pre islamic Aryans post date the ancient egyptians by quite a margin so in his mind the NA or at least their beliefs were inherited from a cultures that arent that ancient at all

in the rest of the book he claims that most of the indians of the americas believe in a great deluge which links them with white folk and that in many cases the gods of the NA were white

so really
If Hancock believes that and hes an original thinker like you said in another thread then you must think it true
were your ancient gods all white men with beards ?

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Marduk, congratulations, you are an idiot, a non-scientist, and an enforcer of dogma.

Earlier in the thread you confidently proclaimed that THERE WAS NO WAY THE EGYPTIANS COULD HAVE EVER VISITED THE NATIVE AMERICANS.

All good and well until you consider the tobacco and coca residues found in authentic Egyptian mummies.

Oh, and now you ignore the fact that THERE WAS A LOT OF HISTORICAL OVERLAP between the Egyptian and Iranian Aryan civilizations. The Aryans first came on the scene in Persia in the Third and Second millenia BC. That was the same time as the golden age of Ancient Egyptian civilization.

Stop posting here, you're embarrassing yourself.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
Earlier in the thread you confidently proclaimed that THERE WAS NO WAY THE EGYPTIANS COULD HAVE EVER VISITED THE NATIVE AMERICANS.

That's correct, and he's reminding NeprhaTari that she proclaimed Hancock an "original thinker" and liked his books. He's pointing out to her, that Hancock dismisses what she (and scholars) say is correct and instead has some ideas about Egyptians/Atlanteans that basically make the Native Americans out to be devolved idiot children of superior civilizations. The Native Americans find this quite offensive, so she really shouldn't support Hancock at all.

All good and well until you consider the tobacco and coca residues found in authentic Egyptian mummies.

That would be only six mummies... six mummies that came from Egypt sometime in the 1800's and had been unwrapped, set up at parties, trotted around the continent, and eventually donated to the museum. The continent had a lot of coc aine and tobacco smokers.

Other mummies show no such traces, and in fact, tests on newly discovered mummies from the same era show NO traces of coc aine and tobacco... because they weren't taken to Europe and put on display in rooms full of coc aine and tobacco smokers.

Oh, and now you ignore the fact that THERE WAS A LOT OF HISTORICAL OVERLAP between the Egyptian and Iranian Aryan civilizations. The Aryans first came on the scene in Persia in the Third and Second millenia BC. That was the same time as the golden age of Ancient Egyptian civilization.

Perhaps you'd like to open a thread on that topic. In this topic, however, we're discussing ancient Americans and not the Egypt-Iranian connection.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Marduk, congratulations, you are an idiot, a non-scientist, and an enforcer of dogma.

well I thought it was funny

[edit on 26-3-2007 by Marduk]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join