It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This The Moment We've All Been Waiting For?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
if they had good intentions i think that they would intervene when it gets to a certain point wer it is too serious

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I really want it to happen, but like was said before, there have been multiple waves of UFO sightings and no big event happened.

We'll just have to wait and see...like always these UFO events aren't making much of the news.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   

You might have a chance in getting Bush to talk to ETs.

But if you asked him I don't know what he would do.

Its hush hush between UFOs, ETs and the CIA and the rest of
the world. Its going so well why would anyone talk?

Here's hoping they wait till 2008 to start any conversations
All kidding aside, I'm not sure why they would try to make contact with us right now. Humanity seems to be slipping down into another spiral of destruction, countries arming themselves, and religious wars being fought on all continents. I'm kind of hoping that they come during a time of peace for us so we can exchange ideas. And not just abductions

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss
The BIG Event ie First Contact? I hope so.

I'm going to go out really far on a limb and say no. Everybody seems to think that the times they are living in are the most eventful, momentous, and earth-shattering times that there have ever been. After a few hundred years pass, it turns out that they were wrong. History marches on.

I predict that next year (2008), there will be big events in the world, UFO sightings, and a few ATS threads opining "Finally! The [proof/event] we've all [waited for/wished for/expected]!!"

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Ufo waves time out to every three point two years from what ive read.....
Though this may be old data, its good for a long time from before....

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sophismata

The BIG Event ie First Contact? I hope so.

I'm going to go out really far on a limb and say no. Everybody seems to think that the times they are living in are the most eventful, momentous, and earth-shattering times that there have ever been. After a few hundred years pass, it turns out that they were wrong. History marches on.

I predict that next year (2008), there will be big events in the world, UFO sightings, and a few ATS threads opining "Finally! The [proof/event] we've all [waited for/wished for/expected]!!"

or the aliens and military are getting people aquainted to ufos again so that they will disclose things at the roswell 60th anneversary

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Althought I would love for it to happen I don't think it ever will. I have a feeling that we will all be long gone...dead and buried before any other worldy creatures are disclosed. I do think though that there is amazing amounts of power and money to be had if the UFO thing ever came to fruitation. So maybe the biggest conspiracy is going to be the revealing of Aliens. Think about it.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bullet Proof
if they had good intentions i think that they would intervene when it gets to a certain point wer it is too serious

My thoughts exactly.

I really can see this Iran affair heating up to the point where the attack is about to begin, and then the truth coming out, and the system changing.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
It is good anyway that UFOs are getting more coverage CNN etc. I don't recall seeing that happen in the past. In my view the u.s. in general is becoming more aware, slowly but surely. I know most ATS people have known this for years, and wouldn't be a tad bit suprised if the big question, are we alone, is finally answered. So it definitely IS the moment I am waiting for.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I think it's going to have to come out soon.

With the world set up today such as having the ability to get the news the way we can, and research facts along with ignoring the fiction and fantasy....the truth can be spread a long way and the "big Media" not being able to control it or keep it from becoming and issue.

THIS WILL BE THE MOST MONUMENTAL DAY IN HUMAN KIND.

Only after all the chaos will us humans find all to know.

Most can think how they might act, but how about our neighbors?

This is real.

Yet another meaning for the WORLD WIBE WEB

Text

[edit on 8-2-2007 by mookey]

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas

WWII became UFO--hot UFO activity once the two atomics were detonated over Japan.

Dallas

not exactly true....the two atomic bombs were detonated effectively ENDING the war....the Foo Fighters/UFO activity was occuring throughout the war, long before the atomic explosions

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Well with the current UFO flap in full swing and disclosure by Chile and the O'Hare saga, not to mention Phoenix Lights are we in for a bombshell this year? The BIG Event ie First Contact? I hope so. With the war in Iraq raging on, North Korea playing with nuclear firecrackers and Iran trying to make nukes and Israel and Palestine threatening to kill each other again the timing is better than ever. What a brilliant diversion it would be to have Cosmic distractions for us all to contemplate. And who knows maybe it would serve as a catalyst for Humanity to grow up and stop fighting in the playground and embark on a more exciting future.

Thoughts anyone ?

hey, i hope so too. that would be a pretty great intervention.
i think people have been conditioned long enough to understand, but then again if a local sports team wins a play-off in "what ever" town in the US here, there's chaos in the streets till the tear-gas comes out. so -- there's *that* to throw in the mix.

i do think now would be as good as time as ever. it's gonna sting a little bit anyway, so why not dive-in and disclose?

thanks for the nudge.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Yeah, i'm going to have to say nothing big is going to happen. If the "sightings" have been elevated this year, or lately, or whatever, i'm pretty sure the majority of the general population has no idea. Between Lindsey Lohan, George Bush and the Indianapolis Colts, i don't know if there's any room for UFO's at the big kids table.

Sad but true in my opinion. Honestly, it's for the best. Without any airtight evidence to definitively confirm just ONE sighting, the idea of alien life is relegated to those few "crazy" conversations normal people have, or a friday night at the movies. If aliens really chose now to make "first contact," it would be an absolute disaster.

I think it may be just what this civilization needs!

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
why do you think it will have to be america that announces the existence of
ufos?

european countries, like france and england have data on these things, and france is going to disclose some of their stuff soon, as far as i heard.

and what if china does it just to piss the us off? or russia, or india?

think about that.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Personally, I'm hoping something big happens soon - at least something a little more blatantly obvious than O'Hare, i.e. a few ships coming down low enough to be seen in detail by a large crowd.

I'm not worried at all about aliens invading the earth. To me, that sounds a little bit too much like a sci-fi original film with a $5k budget. If we've been visited for the past oh, I don't know million years then why would they decide all of the sudden to take over.

I think the next big step would be a craft dropping off a present for all of mankind, something in a universal picture language explaining their origin and intentions.

Their introduction needs to take place over time else everyone will freak out.

I'm sure in the past few billions of years, alien cultures have learned the best way of making contact with another. In every intelligent species culture at one point they probably thought they were the only ones out there too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join