It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This seems strange but I cannot find more info

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyes2see
If anyone's interested, here are some passages referring to the "two witnesses" from the Bible...

Revelation 11:3-14
"...And I will give power to my 2 witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth. These are the 2 lampstands that stand before the Lord of the earth"

Within the Salisbury (?) link, the men who visited the church were described as 'casually' and 'neatly' dressed.

If someone were (for whatever reason) intent upon publicly validating Biblical prophecy to the extent they interrupted a service and spoke (in Hebrew) before the congretation, surely they'd mirror the prophecy accurately ?

" Clothed in sackcloth " is specific, as a description of the Biblical " 2 witnesses ".

Had the men been dressed in sackcloth, the witnesses in several churches would have stated so. Instead, they described 'casual' and 'neat' clothing, neither of which equates to sackcloth.

Of course, had the men been clothed in sackcloth, they may well have drawn attention to themselves in the street, in their vehicle and whilst making their way to and from the different churches.

Sackcloth would no doubt have caused concern within congregations and clergy and may have spurred someone to contact the police who may have hurried to investigate.

But --- no sackcloth = no valid enactment of prophecy.

So maybe we should consider that three men were intent upon making the news and upon putting the shivers into an already nervous populace re: End Times, but that those men didn't have the gonads to go the full measure.

Maybe next time these men burst into church services, the (by now wised-up) congretations will clap and chant: ' Gimme the sackcloth ! Where's your sackcloth ! Boo, boo ! Pretenders ! If you're gonna do it -- do it right ! '. Be interesting to see what reaction that gets from the enigmatic threesome.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Schizophrenia anyone???

JSR

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion
Schizophrenia anyone???

no thank you, im enjoying my physcosis right now.

dohh..........

[edit on 9-2-2007 by JSR]

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock6

But --- no sackcloth = no valid enactment of prophecy.

So maybe we should consider that three men were intent upon making the news and upon putting the shivers into an already nervous populace re: End Times,

I say that you are exactly correct on both counts.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I absolutely agree as well. However, I don't believe the "two witnesses" will bear much, if any, resemblance to the "Left Behind" series. I have a few issues with the L.B. series (putting it mildly), but that's for another thread....

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Originally posted by c3hamby
One time there was some guy that came into our church, he didn't say anything, he just stood on the pulpit and stared into the audience. The preacher just kept on preaching.

Turns out he was just high out of his mind.

Okay..
I don't think that is applicable to this discussion,but, interesting story anyway.

My point was that just because somebody interrupts a church service doesn't mean they are a prophet from the Bible.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
If they were indeed prophets wouldn't you think there would be more news elsewhere about others doing the same thing?
The point would be to spread the word, this story is just creepy to me. Total alterior motive - somewhere.

I am still poking around to see if any other stories come up. I guess I will have to wait until Sunday after sermons.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join