It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This seems strange but I cannot find more info

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I am completely baffled. I find it amazing. To walk into a church spreading a message of peace? Wow! Who would have ever thought of that?

Those news articles said that some people were frightened by this. I just don't get it.

A couple of times it was mentioned that any further "disruption" of the service could have brought criminal charges against these men. What sort of GOD would I have to worship before I, too, would see this message as a disruption? I am literally scratching my head over this.

First I can't believe that someone bringing a message of peace and love to a church would actually be news. Second, I can't see how anyone could possibly see anything wrong with it.

Am I missing something huge here?

[edit on 2/8/07 by wellwhatnow]

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Wellwhatnow, I think it is indicative of the mindset of not only churchgoers but people in general. Unfortunately, we live in a society that doesn't want to hear messages about a loving,caring God.... It's unfortunate but it's true of a high percentage of the population.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DDay
But in one article it stated that not all of the churches reported these men because no one felt threatened in any way

I think this is the most fascinating aspect of this story.

If three middle eastern men came walking into my church, started speaking in a language that I didn't understand, then got down on their knees...man...

I'm not kidding when I say that I would grab my loved one's by the HAIR and try to get out the front door before the bombs went off.

I can't imagine that the psyche of the rest of the U.S. isn't set at about the same frequency as mine...and yet...pastors reported that people were shaken by the event, but never fealt threatened.

That's just plain odd, isn't it?

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by wellwhatnow
I am completely baffled. I find it amazing. To walk into a church spreading a message of peace? Wow! Who would have ever thought of that?

I'm crying foul.

If I go to see Swan Lake, is it a normal event to have someone walk up the aisle, climb onto the stage, and start dancing around as the cast of the show stands in dumbfounded awe?

Would you say "Wow, you went to the ballet and someone DANCED, imagine that?!"

If you were in class and a complete stranger walked through the door and interrupted the teacher...and started teaching the class...would you sit there quietly and feel like everything was normal?

"What, you went to a CLASS and somebody TAUGHT it?!"

I'm standing by my original assessment (i.e., it's wierd).

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a case of Performance Art ,

there's plenty of colleges & university students in that Triad Area; Raleigh- Durham, Chapel Hill,
any 3 which may be willing & able to reenact a scene from a sci-fi movie
(i forget the title)

[SCENE; ... 3 alien police/bounty-hunters (in disguise as humans)
on the trail of other alien criminals, burst into a rural community church service...the alien bounty hunters yell ' We're here for the 'Kreits'...

the stunned pastor, assures the party of 3 'men' that;
'Indeed, all of us here, are also seeking the Christ'

....it was a bit humorous....

***** ->the pastors [may have heard a hebrew word or similar sound,
this "Performance Art" may have researched in the language libraries available to them at universities in the communities...
or perhaps just blurted out sounds like the 'speaking-in-tongues' phenomena.

if the interlopers, merely made it a point to be noticed and reported to the news, then there was no agenda other than publicity...
i.e. no angelic message, no prophetic warning, no casing the houses of worship for future attacks by Jihadists.

?no CC cameras in these public gathering places? like ATMs have?>Why not?

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essedarius
I can't imagine that the psyche of the rest of the U.S. isn't set at about the same frequency as mine...and yet...pastors reported that people were shaken by the event, but never fealt threatened.

That's just plain odd, isn't it?

It is. It just strengthens the opinion that there may be more to this than what meets the eye. I think it would be prudent to keep an eye on this. If it begins to happen on a regular basis, then we certainly should suspect that something quite mystical is occurring.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
You ever wonder if when the signs or revelations happened if we would actually realize it or not

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76
You ever wonder if when the signs or revelations happened if we would actually realize it or not

I think select individuals will... I don't think that God is so cruel as to put everyone under a great delusion. That would typify a very evil God indeed, don't you think?

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   

If I go to see Swan Lake, is it a normal event to have someone walk up the aisle, climb onto the stage, and start dancing around as the cast of the show stands in dumbfounded awe?

Swan Lake is a ballet - an art form for entertainment. I don't know of ballet having any real philosophy behind it that says we should all be dancers in order to make the world a better place and find salvation.

I personally would rather go to Rocky Horror Picture Show where members of the audience are expected to walk up the aisle, start dancing around, and participate!

If you were in class and a complete stranger walked through the door and interrupted the teacher...and started teaching the class...would you sit there quietly and feel like everything was normal?

College classes have a syllabus of material to cover and the focus usually is on completing the objective outlined there. No where is there an overarching philosophy that everyone should engage in teaching classes in order to make a better world and find salvation.

During my college years, I alway had the best experience in those classes that encouraged participation and input. Then again, I was a sociology major, go figure.

I'm standing by my original assessment (i.e., it's wierd).

You are welcome to your assessment. I said that I was baffled, not that I expected you to be baffled. Now I am baffled not only by the story, but by your near attack of me for having the "wrong" reaction.

Although I am not a Christian, I have attended Christian churches. The overarching philosophy behind Christianity seemed to include that everyone be welcomed and that everyone spread the message.

This next part I want to approach with caution, because I don't want it to seem that I am attacking you personally. I have nothing against you what so ever. I just want to point out that the visitors to the churches did no harm. I would like to very respectfully add that (at least in hindsight) if you had grabbed people up and ran out of the church, your response would have been an overreaction.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
WellWhatNow - it's not that people came in to worship and wish peace upon everyone. That in and of itself is NOT disturbing at all. What is disturbing is that Middle Eastern men or of decent came into to 7 different establishments on the same Sunday and instead of sitting in a pew like the rest of us, proceeded to the front and speak in Hebrew.

If this was on the up and up why not come in, sit down, worship like the rest of us and speak the same language?
Their is something not right with this picture.

Like Esse said. Every intuative sense would be going off with me and I would get up and get the heck out of there because YES I am a suspicious person and would think bomb. Take out a few Christians in the name of Allah is what I would think their reason for being there would be.

Now that did not happen but what was the purpose? I don't think they were their to be well wishers. If so why not say as much in a language that would be understood?

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I think I just don't get it. Then again, I have an unusual church with an incredibly diverse congregation. Go figure part 2.

However, I can't be the only one who thought it was simply no big deal:

But in one article it stated that not all of the churches reported these men because no one felt threatened in any way

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I think most of you are missing the true implications of it.... but I desist.

JSR

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   

First I can't believe that someone bringing a message of peace and love to a church would actually be news. Second, I can't see how anyone could possibly see anything wrong with it.

Am I missing something huge here?

its strange because, people sit and listen to a peacher preach, every sunday. then they sing some songs and go home. that is normal

to have people they have never seen before step up on stage, in the middle of the preacher preaching, and start speaking in a strange language, and then leave, is well, not normal....hence....news.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   

WellWhatNow - it's not that people came in to worship and wish peace upon everyone. That in and of itself is NOT disturbing at all. What is disturbing is that Middle Eastern men or of decent came into to 7 different establishments on the same Sunday and instead of sitting in a pew like the rest of us, proceeded to the front and speak in Hebrew.

This is true. I would also like to add that you must take into account the geographical and cultural setting of these incidents.

Deep South, small to mid-size Baptist congregation filled with Christian conservatives. Ya get where I'm going with this?

Seeing as how most Americans have had the collective Middle Eastern boogeyman shoved down their throats for years, you can see how this may be somewhat alarming.
My grandfather was a holy-roller Baptist preacher for 50 years and had his share of odd occurences while in the pulpit. I can honestly say that he would have welcomed any praise of God in any language but would have not tolerated any alarmist, cryptic activity in his church.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Now I am baffled not only by the story, but by your near attack of me for having the "wrong" reaction.

Easy now...isn't that what you did to everyone on this thread?

Although I am not a Christian, I have attended Christian churches. The overarching philosophy behind Christianity seemed to include that everyone be welcomed and that everyone spread the message.

Agreed. Just like the message at an NFL game is that everyone should love and play football...just not on the field during someone else's game.

(I should expose my bias here: I'm Presbyterian. We plant our butts in the pew and don't so much as peep until we're told to leave...)

This next part I want to approach with caution, because I don't want it to seem that I am attacking you personally.

Please, wwn, no eggshells...you know I have nothing against you and I apologize if my response felt harsh to you.

I just want to point out that the visitors to the churches did no harm. I would like to very respectfully add that (at least in hindsight) if you had grabbed people up and ran out of the church, your response would have been an overreaction.

Yep. A total overreaction it turns out. But not an unexpected reaction.

I mean, if you had to place $50 on one of these outcomes, which one would it be:

Three middle eastern men walk into a Christian church and start speaking passionately in a middle eastern language. The congregation will...

A) Listen quietly and intently.

B) Run like hell.

Honestly now...which one would you bet on?

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Now I am baffled not only by the story, but by your near attack of me for having the "wrong" reaction.

Easy now...isn't that what you did to everyone on this thread?

Hey, I apologize to anyone who felt like I was attacking. I sure didn't mean to do that. I was seriously in absolute, complete, "you-could-have-knocked-me-over-with-a-feather" quality shock.

Even as a sociologist, I have a hard time understanding this from a religious / cultural standpoint. I am beginning to see that this may have more to do with fear than it does with religion. From a sociological standpoint, I think this speaks volumes of what fear is doing to our society. I don't do fear very often, I even blogged about that recently. Fear is wasting much of our time as individuals and our resources as a nation.

So if I understand this correctly, it would have felt much different if caucasian men had entered speaking in perfect English.

I think we give fear too much power.

I am officially done derailing now - Speaker of Truth, I believe you had something more philosophical to cover?

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   

So if I understand this correctly, it would have felt much different if caucasian men had entered speaking in perfect English.

For sure. It would be very very wierd, but I wouldn't have the..."TERRORISTS BOMB CHURCH, KILL 50" headline running through my head.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Two of them may be the two witnesses of the bible. We need to watch carefully. Folks, we are living in some interesting times in deed.
It's going to be alright...

The two witnesses come AFTER the rise of antichrist.

Hillary hasn't even been elected yet

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
You got the wrong democrat Brak Obama is the anti....
The two witnesses preach in the streets of jerusalem, and fire comes fron their mouths if anyone bothers them, tho they get killed and rise from the dead before the rest of the world...
They also have the power to hold back the rain.....
First we will see a peace treaty for seven years signed....

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
What we need here is some footage or voice recording to disseminate what was said.

But what I think will happen is the US government will come forward and tell us it was just swamp gas or military flares, and what is really funny most people will believe it.

[edit on 9-2-2007 by Realtruth]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join