It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

new evidence on Roswell??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Did anybody watch the Roswell program on the Sci Fi channel last night (wed @2000 CST) Bryant Gumbel of all people hosted it and incredibly it was heavily biased toward those that believe in UFO's. one of the most incredible things was a picture of Gen Roger Ramey posing beside a weather balloon in an attempt to debunk the so called spaceship crash. However, in one photo, the text of a message he is holding is visible to the camera. This guy took 2 years using computer programs but he was able to zoom in on the text. He was able to decipher the words "disk" (in quotes like this as though it was a new word) victims and weather balloon among others. The gist of the letter was Gen Ramey confirming that a B-29 or C-47 would transport the wreckage to a base via a special team, to a base in Ft Worth Texas. Among other things, scientists found what they believe to be an impact sight about 1/4 mile from where eye witnesses say the original disk crashed. they filled 300 bags with soil and put it in a vault at a bank in Roswell until it can be tested. They even had a retired Tech Sgt on who worked at Roswell.....i cant remember his name, but he was Crypto cleared and he claims to have seen photos of the original sight and 2 bodies on a table with 2 other aliens standing beside it. i wont go into the whole program but maybe it will be on again sometime. Maybe someone here who is good at that sort of thing can analyze the picture and confirm it for themselves and post it here for all to see. All in all the show was amazing and was the first i've seen with a pro attitude towards UFO"s. they even threw up stats that 80% of Americans would not be effected religiously if they knew UFO's to be real. One other incident i found intriguing, shortly after Jimmy Carter took over the presidency he asked to be briefed on the UFO situation. then CIA director George Bush Sr. refused to divulge anything!!! If anyone has a "need to know" you think it would be the POTUS!!!! This one thing shows a lot about how the government REALLY works.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by lakenheath24
One other incident i found intriguing, shortly after Jimmy Carter took over the presidency he asked to be briefed on the UFO situation. then CIA director George Bush Sr. refused to divulge anything!!! If anyone has a "need to know" you think it would be the POTUS!!!! This one thing shows a lot about how the government REALLY works.

Very interesting, I think sci fi is going for the real deal, I have seen other stuff they have done, very good.

I don't know if you have read Greer's book 'Hidden', but he goes into what you are suggesting about how the gov really works, it's pretty scary.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
well my opinion after seeing many documentries about roswell is the whole thing is a myth.

how many ufo crashes do you want- one? two? three? pick your favourite ufo author all versions are available.

how many alien bodies do you want? 3? 4? 5? again thers something for everyone heck we can throw in a couple of surviving E.Ts if that tickles your fancy .

add to the fact nobody talked about roswell for 30 years and several people have changed their story or couldnt even remeber what year this event happened and its pretty clear to me the whole ufo thing is made up.

but i guess people are entitled to beleive what they want....the truth is out there!

p.s i beleive it was balloon debris

[edit on 8-2-2007 by yeti101]

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I, like many, believe 'something' happened at Roswell, although after so much time and so many secrets, I don't think anything of value will ever be released.

This guy took 2 years using computer programs but he was able to zoom in on the text. He was able to decipher the words "disk" (in quotes like this as though it was a new word) victims and weather balloon among others.

After that much time, could the 'zoom in' have been manipulated in any way as to read as something else. Just asking the obvious

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Sci-Fi can do things of this nature with no consequence as far as mass media taking hold. After all, who will take a station seriously when Fiction is in it's name

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaAnuOmega
Sci-Fi can do things of this nature with no consequence as far as mass media taking hold. After all, who will take a station seriously when Fiction is in it's name

Exactly. I hope the Sci-Fi Channel stays away from covering UFOs, because they will end up doing more harm than good. Sci-Fi is just reinforcing the association of UFO phenomena with fiction.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Are you sure that is a new show?

I'd check to see when that show first aired.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I think I remember seeing that show over a year ago...

Springer...

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
shows how much i watch TV
Still, i thought it was interesting no matter WHO aired it. After all big business runs the mainstream media with advertising dollars so we'll watch what they want us to see i guess.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Not new...just a re-airing of an older show...

More info can be found here...as I use some of the Ramey Memo in the writeup...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join