It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Iran threatening US to Keep them busy or Actually start War?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Iran to hit U.S. interests if attacked
By NASSER KARIMI, Associated Press Writer

TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's supreme leader said Thursday that if the United States were to attack Iran, the country would respond by striking U.S. interests all over the world — the latest sharp exchange in an escalating standoff between the two countries.
The comments by Iranian supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei came on the same day that another top official, Tehran's ambassador to the United Nations, Javad Zarif, warned in a column in The New York Times that efforts to isolate Iran would backfire on the United States, increasing sectarian tensions in the volatile Middle East, including Iraq.
The United States is reaping "the expected bitter fruits of its ill-conceived adventurism," he said.

more:

news.yahoo.com...

The Question is :

With their general Hatered of the US, is this just for show or are they going after their dream war they have always wanted

I most admit a twisted part of me would like to see who we would fare in a world were people are just computer dots on a screen. But a majority of me would rather not knowing that: Personal friends of my would probably die, along with even people I have never met. Plus the fighting would be the bloodiest we as a People have ever seen. I'm not sure the People of the United States could take watching hundred of thousands die every day. Its what it would take when Iran sends their Beseige troops. Who are just kids with out weapons who charge enemy positions in masses. They have around seven million of them and don't seem to care how many die. The US might just not have enough bullets. The stain of the soul of the US and the world might just be too much.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I say they are keeping the US busy, I made a comment on another topic like this. In short, Iran knows the US government wants them dead and conquered, so logically you keep them occupied elsewhere or too hesitant to attack, like in the cold war. Remember, the threats so far HAVE kept the US military from attacking them for over a year of buildup... AND they have been able to build up anti-aircraft defences in that time. So I would say they are preparing for inevitability and are going to keep pushing "threats" untill they are ready to fend off an attacker. When you corner someone, they are going to do what it takes to survive, Iran is cornered, Iraq in the west, Israel in the west, Afghanistan in the east, and Tajikistan in the North, then Kuwait and Saudi Arabia in the south NOT TO MENTION the Persian Gulf. They are trying to buy time, and I cannot and will not blame them, good luck to Iran on keeping the NWO people from stomping them into the ground.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Hi Royal I think Iran is a patsy, America's armed forces are being streched to the limit, Iran will be a bigger burden and if the US gets embroiled there it could be dangerous.

If America wants to rule the world it has not the forces to do so, their are others who have a vested interest in America getting hogtied in the ME and when it does these players will make their move.

join