It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Small town coined safest place to be in 2012

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I live in Berea, and poeple are excited about this:

www.topix.net...

thought this was perfect material for ATS. please take the time. I myself have said for a few years now that Berea is a safe place to be in any major disaster; then when this book was released it just added fuel to my fire. what do you think?

Alos, the article speakes with Mr. R. Olsen, whom i personally know, and he is perhaps the worst person in town the could have found to speak on this matter. Nothing personal towards him, but he is overly focused on his bean sprouts and has not done enough research into areas other than plants and livestock.

[edit on 8-2-2007 by Stewart Lewis]

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
what caught my attention was the 'ecovillage' reported to be there,

i know there are various types of villages all over the world with all
kinds of ways in dealing with their own objectives...
www.berea.edu...

these seem to be environmental friendly student apartments rather than some of the earth/straw/hand-hewn timber hobbit dwellings i've run across...in the village & hamlet settings (trusts) one can 'lease' into...

the only thing Maya, is the interest that the college youth have in the mystique of Maya & calendars & 2012.
i see chamber-of-commerce politics at play here, the author too

nothing wrong with That.......(in the Seinfeld episode sense)

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
the eco-village has been a failure in my opinion. It is as you describe. The college seems to care more about having something new and cutting edge on thier fliers and brochures, to appease donors and bait prospective students. Yes, I am glas they make the effort, but it falls far short of an "eco-village". some folks here say its more like Sec-8 housing with a garden and a funny toilet.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
The article didn't seem to dive deeply into why that Kentucky town was chosen. I assume because it is away from any major cities.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
One of the requirements to survival is to find a place where you are far from people- that's the key. If everyone goes to the same vicinity
look out!!!
Running water and fertile land is also a plus.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I lived in Berea for a number of years and I do NOT believe it is safe enough. I have experienced disaster situations there from tornados, to minor floods, to freezing temperatures of 17 below for 3 days straight. Nonetheless I abandoned my house in Berea (which happened to be the most outlying house in the town) to move to what I know to be the safest place on the planet when 2012 comes. Understand that in 2012 the tilt of the planet will change, physics tells us that the equator will remain the equator but the poles can change and climates will change significantly around the planet. Live where you wish I will be 3700 feet above sea level when it happens in a new ecovillage that we are developing. To find out more search the web till you find us. Reference is given to myself I am known as the Problemsmith, my kids are still in Berea but they will be here with me before the Nostradamus and Mayan calendar dates.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I have searched for your ecovillage Anonymous ATS. I cannot find it online. Care to give any hints or further info? I am very interested.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
According to Patrick Geryl who wrote, "How To Survive 2012", the three best places to survive 2012 will be:

High mountains of Turkey

Atlas mountains Morocco

Highlands of Ethiopia

Boy sure hope this guy is wrong as it sounds like when and if this all happens it is not going to be a fun time for anyone..........

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
One flawed in this argument is that it indicates someone knows what will happen in 2012. What if the world blew up in a million pieces rather then an Earthquake and water everywhere? Where will the safest eco-villages be then? If you said flying around in space then your right.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

It is said that you will also need to be at least 7,000 ft above sea level and not near any oceans as waves are going to be VERY LARGE.

Also depends on the people you are with - you're chances are always better if you have a small group of like minded individuals, harder to survive all on your own.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Hi how are families able to join your eco village? We are currently in VA my husband works for a company called fastenal and we would be able to bring many supplies and lots of food. we are just looking for a safe place to bring our family and help others get through this please email me at rmwagoner03@yahoo.com
thank you
Morgan

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   

I think I know who you are and you are talking about living near the Amazon in Venezuela. I agree this is a very special and safe place to be. Am I wrong? In your opinion is the 7000 ft above sea level really necessary?

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by theutahbigfoothunter

To understand future possibilities for the planet you need to study the past. Continents have been know to rise and sink, displacing oceans with unimaginal force. Even if you manage to avoid the tsunami, the run-up of the water will probably top the highest peak. Think waterproof shelter and bottled oxygen, enough for several months.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
This 2012 thing has become almost an industry, hasn't it ?

They say to 'follow the money'

Who's profiting or who WILL profit from the ever-increasing 2012 hysteria ?

Whomever aside ... this stuff's being pushed hard, particularly in fora such as ATS.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Doesn't naming something the safest place to be usually make it not the safest place to be?

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   

3,000 more feet up high in the US? I AM ACTIVELY LOOKING for a place to put myself these days. I purchased a tract of land with the intention of forming a "community" there, an Intentional Community. Then I became aware of 2012 and the place one need to be in order to survive and my gosh since I live in the Philippines and with soooo many volcanoes known all over the place I can't feel safe here! I am selling whatever I have thinking I could move to a place that could make me feel safe at least for the next 4 to 5 years. Please keep me posted. Thanks!

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
i am absolutely scared out of my mind about this because there are just too many true and lineing facts about the matter for it to be false and i dont have the slightest idea were to go to be safe and i dont think the middle east would be a rather fun trip so is there anywhere we can be safe other than that please reply thanks

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
One of the requirements to survival is to find a place where you are far from people- that's the key. If everyone goes to the same vicinity
look out!!!
Running water and fertile land is also a plus.

Thats why when # starts to hit the fan i'm moveing out to nebraska, and just settleing in the woods

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Any one that gets the chance the best place to be is Scotland.

Reason being is our cold weather and level above the sea! At the foot of Ben Nevis would be a great start!

Being so high above sea level is our great advantage, but also if the temprature of the planet does rise then you want to be in a cold place which if the weather gets warmer the drop will still be bareable providing water and highly nourished soils that have been untoched for a long time due to snow and ice!

Any cave system in and around alps regions across the globe would be a good start! But in saying that if its a solar flare not so disimmilar to a nuclear bomb then first place to get scorched is the mountain tops! Which could explain floods: Solar radiation melts the vast snowy areas in and around alps high peaks that retain water causing massive flooding once it reaches the flat lands!

But I still say one of the best bets is alps and or giant pot holes (underground caveing systems) make sure you stock up on spam and seeds and some type of lamping system to grow crops (energy via either solar panels or fuel, enough to generate high entisity for 4 hours a day to the plants) If you find a caveing system best bet is to get down there with cement and start making a bunker like shelter, a roof made of solid cement and iron rods with supporting beams and vast muddy areas to grow crops also shut the entrace off with a slopping cement structure but make sure u have windows (windows that keep out intense sunlight uv protection but enough to let some sun in to replensih your own vitamin D and a network of mirrors directed at the underground crops!

Also another good idea is to get a-hold of an old small submarine stock it with a new fuel effiencent engine and a solar engine (fuel engine just incase) and keep plenty of oxygen tanks around have an escape hatch in your bunker/ hovel that can open if you get submerged.

Also invest in a supreme radiation suit equipped with oxygen canester and giager metere for reading radiation levels!

So your run down for survival is:

Spam (and plenty of it)
Seeds (Every easyily grown crop)
Radiation suit, fullers earth and giager metere also Oxygen tanks just incase.
A boat that can be submerged submarine or maybe just a boat that has been incased and reinforce.
Water will be tricky but here is the trick! You now get a conversion for seawater its slow and painfull but its manual and works! any good indoor climbing/ survival store will have one!
Rope climbing gear just incase with a very high tensile strength for carrying lifting cargo!
Gliders or paragliders with engines for quick escapes of moutain tops or other areas if waves are humungus then ur gona wanna be in the air till it settles leaving your gear in a safe secured area.
Your also gona want a very sharp hunting knife and bow (not rifle) as bullets run out arrows dnt and can be reused!
And finaly a picture of jesus to remind you of what he looks like when you meet him

Peace folks stay aleart stay aware stay safe! But most importantly forgive yourself and ask for forgiveness fall to your knees cry out all the demons and pain in your past and look to love and happyness and always find the funny things in all the turmoil n u should do fine!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join