It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ideas On The Next Superman Movie?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 04:20 AM
link   
hello people, i was wondering if anybody had any ideas on the next superman movie. i heard that it was gonna be a wrath of khan type of movie. so what does that mean? doomsday?brainiac? or both. according to the comics it was brainiac who created doomsday. but lois and clark were married. is the next one gonna be anout general zod? if theyre gonna do him again it better be awesome. because superman 2 wasnt as good as i know it couldve been. plus with the special effects now, but it has to be more than special effects. the story has to have heart, just like the story of superman's death and return. i read kevin smiths screenplay for superman lives and thats the one they shouldve made. i liked superman returns but the story was weak. hopefully brian singer will do a better job at directing and the screenwriters doing the screenplay for the next one will do a better job. other than them everybody did a great job.especially brandon routh and kevin spacey.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
(Spoiler)

I think Superboy will have a much bigger part and Lois will get rid of her hubby and maybe even Clark will reveal his Identity...

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   
yeah, thats possible, youre talking about kon-el right. i heard he was the next superboy, and he teams up with robin and the rest of the teen titans. i think that if zod is coming back, then richard white(lois' hubby) will get in the line of fire and then lois and clark may end up together. that would be the best way for it to happen, not for richard, but for the fans. then the story of superman's death will be after that.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Hold on a minute, I don't know who Kon-El is, But lois has Superman's son, he pushed the piano across the room and killed a guy...

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
skip the whole thing and come out with a Kypto "Super Dog" movie. This one will be hard core with a collie that turns into a pit bull when he's in costume

Maybe they will introduce the Justic League, like I think they are fixing to on "Smallville".

More Likely Clark will keep his secret, and institute more self suffering to be more like Spidey.

I Tell you one thing they will probably have more than one super villan. More than likely it will be Lex and someone. Maybe he can fight hes evil twin again.

All and All I don't care as long as they hurry up and release something as cool as the last.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Yeah, I read some post's that said they didn't like it because it wsa boring and slow.
I really enjoyed it, it was alittle slow but there's plenty of the Superman story that gets you going.

Another villain as well as Lex has to be on the cards, Plz don't bring Crypto in to it, unless it Cryptosporidium, as in the Alien off "Destroy all humans" game or as in the Parasitic creature that causes violent Diarrhea or worse...

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 9-2-2007 by chris01621]

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
yeah, i know kon-el was a clone of superman, but in superman returns the kid's name was conner wasnt it? i think he may end up being supermans sidekick or something, then supergirl will come in and team up with them too.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Ok I wasn't sure were you was going with "Kon-El" but yeah there is a link with the two names. I'm not sure he will be a sidekick, (maybe later films)

But he will have a bigger part and show his true power and realise his power in the next film, in the first he wasn't at all sure what was happening.

I love the idea that his human DNA has made him immune to Kryptonite, as in were Lex holds it infront of him, and other than being alittle scared, he's fine...

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 03:16 AM
link   
sorry, i was wrong about the kid. his name in the movie is jason not conner. so that means theyre changing superman's story a little. thats what got tim burton fired, but his version wouldve been better. all he did was add on daggers coming out of superman's S. at least that would have been cooler to see.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by joadco
so that means theyre changing superman's story a little. thats what got tim burton fired, but his version wouldve been better.

Batman's story is not set in stone, it has been changed a lot over the years.
Burton could no longer make Batman movies because his Batman was too dark and parent groups protested the movie and it's promotional tie-ins.
As a result Joel Schumacher took over the franchise and made it campy and light hearted.

[edit on 14/2/2007 by Umbrax]

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Umbrax

Totally agree with the exception of Batman Begins which was excellent.
That director (name escapes me ATM) also directed Stephen King's Dreamcatcher which is another great flick imo.

On topic:

I was pleasantly suprised by the latest Superman movie (waited 'til it came out on DVD like I do for most movies) writing, acting, direction and production were all top-notch imho. Will definately be waiting for the new one to come out.

... no idea which direction they'll take though.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Whats up Brax's

The dark Michael Keaton batman were the best comic movies of their time.

When they went light hearted is how they killed...well almost killed the franchise. If Christian Bale hadn't saved it with Begins it would be dead.

Batman is suppost to be dark, edgy He does fight evil..

Parent groups are always screwing up good entertainment. Then letting them make a movie about a 12 year old getting raped and calling it art.

Sorry I know off subject

Superman is going to try and be a Spidey clone with the personal suffering. He will probably have to watch another man raise his family until Superboy is in his teens.

[edit on 16-2-2007 by Royal76]

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 03:21 AM
link   
yeah maybe, i really think superman and zod will battle, and richard white will get killed in the great battle. then lois will turn to superman for comfort, then he'll tell her he's clark kent. they will fall in love, get married. they will make the death of superman movie, then the story will continue. oh and if someone wants to talk about batman start a thread, as a matter of fact thats what ill do.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Well considering that the Superman Returns videogame (crap by the way) was originally going to star Parasite, and that Fox pulled said villain from the game for 'future projects' its likely he will be appearing in it in one way or another.

Personally I'd like to see Brainiac make an appearance. They said that in the sequel 'New Krypton' (Luthor's Island) would be making a comeback, and it'd be sick if Brainiac had been grown by the crystals as an information repository, but his programming became corrupted by the Kryptonite and he went loopy.

top topics

join