It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost Bible Books, anyone have sources?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Rob...I know what you are saying. That was one way for me to know if the voice was real. It had to be something that I would be able to believe in without questioning validity. I needed to see it in action and with something that was current and unpredictable, then I would believe.

The first warning in 1980 was for me to get down from a construction site where I was in danger. I dismissed the warning as being just garbage in my head. After the second warning...very loud and clear, which I ignored, I was blown off a roof by a big gust of wind, falling 16' to cement, breaking both feet and being on crutches for 2 years.

The police thing was my idea....not expecting to get a warning, because of reasons you stated. The warnings have been fathfully coming every since, even if I forget or am in a state of denial, the voice is true and reliable.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Win 52
Pantheism.....Hummm....Your belief is only 300 years old and inspired by men.

think again
its actually a belief that dates back to before civilisation
so by comparison
whatever you believe in is the new kid on the block as you have already stated a belief in one creator
and that is monotheism my friend
it can be dated back about 3300 years

still I'm not one to engage in a discussion of my faith is older than your faith
just so's you know mine is superior and I have more faith in my little finger than you do in your whole religious text
hehe

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Well the way I see it is the belief in a Creator has been around since the beginning of time and that this creator (wether it is a group of beings with one thought or one being before all) is/are responsible for all life forms we have on Earth today. I don't think there is a pigeon hole religeon for this belief.

I am not that caught up in the past. It is the future that we need to prepare for. I do trust my guide, this guide has brought me to this day alive and in good health (despite a heart attack and a stroke 20 years apart that Dr's couldn't find a cause for and had no answers as to why this hapened to me). They say I am in perfect health at the moment and I quit taking all the pills before Christmas.

I might suggest that you plan for your future instead of living in the past, Marduk. That is why we are here....the future may be in need of your knowledge and wisdom from the past.

ps...off topic....the Dendra light bulb was and is a resonance healing device that we are just starting to understand today, scientifically. It is part of a thread (theory) I am working on.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by win 52

I do trust my guide, this guide has brought me to this day alive and in good health (despite a heart attack and a stroke 20 years apart that Dr's couldn't find a cause for and had no answers as to why this hapened to me).

And here I thought you were a 15 year old kid, who was hearing voices.

Anyway, pertaining to the TOPIC of the thread:

Anyone know if there's a lexicon for the Torah, that goes back and forth between the Ancient Hebrew and English. But gives MULTIPLE english translations (since ancient languages have more then one meaning per word). I've just heard from Jewish friends that the way christians read the Torah, is completely different than the Jewish take on it.

Although, they were Jews that dabbled in Qabalah, and numerology, so maybe that's not the norm...

I realize that the Torah itself isn't a lost book. But I believe that there may be 'lost translations' of it that most christians should probably know about. Change their whole perspective on things. Anyway, just a curious atheist trying to find an edge.

[edit on 2/12/2007 by Arcane Demesne]

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Well I'm a Pantheist Alchemist non-literalist pagan-christic gnostic with a small g....
I might be the only one ;-) doesn't matter, the creative force speaks to me too but I keep that info just for close friends

I think a person's religious/spiritual beliefs are not merely chosen or taught, but are down to different minds' capacity for understanding. That is to say, not one of us will see things exactly the same as someone else...no matter how much we agree on the basics there will be different influences on how a an individual processes the information, and selective perception can influence us, try as we might to avoid that. We have to break up the logical side in our mind and soul and find the crack in our psychological armour through which the light of true understanding can get in.

But we should always question why we believe what we believe if we haven't 'discovered' it for ourselves and have simply been taught it since childhood or found it during a time of need when people are at their most vulnerable.

The only quarrel I have with someone who can't accept another's understanding is when they are actively hypocritical by acting in a manner that is not in tune with whatever path they say they follow, or whatever teaching they say is their faith/religion. To each his own.

There have been sufficient links posted here to answer the questions asked of the Bible...sorry I have no links on the Talmud

I don't believe in the MacDonalds version of instant MacWisdom for those who don't want to put in the effort to learn properly (thanks Rob for the heads up on the non-following of links here) and I get the impression that it wouldn't be a scholarly debate but just a heckling competition so I think it would probably be a waste of time trying to go through the history of the compilation of the Old Testament

[edit on 12-2-2007 by Nebankh]

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
There are a lot of replies, so I will admit I haven't read them all firstly.

There are several books (something like 15 of them) known as the Apocrypha. Various Bible editions include some, none, or all of these. You can get them easily enough in a bookstore. There are also the Gnostic gospels, like the gospels of Thomas, Mary Magdalene, and some others, that you can find similarly, as well.

There are a few referenced throughout the Bible that are either truly lost, or else we know them as something else today and have no record of the name change. A lot of these references I have seen in the books of kings and chronicles, where they often end a chapter by saying something like "and the rest of the acts of -insert king name here- can be found in the book of -insert lost book name here-", and then the footnote to the verse says that it refers to a lost scripture.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I will keep it briefly,
It's like the Gospel of Judas; did he ever receive the Holy Spirit?

The books that were included were by people who had self evidence that God gave them powers to prove to them what they were doing was in God's name and they could question if they were outside of God's commands and wisdom by being in the Spirit, they could even bring the dead back to life and do miracles after Jesus rose to convince people and help them selves until the work of and word of God was secure. This was also in the Old Testament that God would pour his Spirit like God did with Moses. The Books kept in were of people who either had God's spirit or knew Jesus.
And they all cross reference each other to be consistent with the others and those that did not fit is because they are without God's spirit and maybe people look for this to be convinced that the rest of the Bible is wrong. Of course people would counterfeit as many religions did afterwards and Gnostics were no better and this was pre-warned in the Bible anyway that false teaching is taking place and would.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk

Don't you think its a bit odd that I can prove the truth of what I say with links but all we ever get from you is your uneducated opinion

Bel doesn't = Marduk
Marduk is a babylonian name
Bel Marduk is actually the name of the God

Bel is simply the babylonian word for Lord
Baal is the north semitic word for lord

www.abovetopsecret.com... " target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow"> www.abovetopsecret.com...

So you understand step 1 Baal means Lord. Very impressive that you were able to provide links. If you check this thread you will see that I am very aware the Baal means Lord. When you get to step 2 give me a shout.

"Baal" can refer to any god and even to human officials; in some texts it is used as a substitute for Hadad, a god of the sun, rain, thunder, fertility and agriculture, and the lord of Heaven. Since only priests were allowed to utter his divine name Hadad, Baal was used commonly.

Yep, the Lord of Heaven. When you figure out who this lord of heaven is you might understand why Baal can refer to any of these gods that are connected.

Marduk (Sumerian spelling in Akkadian: AMAR.UTU 𒀫𒌓 "solar calf"; Biblical: Merodach) was the Babylonian name of a late-generation god from ancient Mesopotamia and patron deity of the city of Babylon, who, when Babylon permanently became the political center of the Euphrates valley in the time of Hammurabi (18th century BC), started to slowly rise to the position of the head of the Babylonian pantheon, a position he fully acquired by the second half of the second millennium BC.

No argument here, about Marduk being worshiped as a solar calf, as Baal was worshipped as the Golden Calf and sun god by the Israelites
I would provide links to the Bible and Elijah defeating the prophets of Baal but I'm sure your not interested.

what you are saying is that anytime anyone says the word "lord" in english they are referring to Jesus
which as any five year old could tell you simply isn't true

You seem to be really lost. I certainly don't believe that anytime the word Lord is used they are talking about Jesus. Quite the contrary. When the day of worship was changed from the Commandment day of the Sabbath to SUNday they were not interested in worshiping Jesus as God, they were worshipping Baal as god. SUNday is the Lords Day or Baal day.
You really are pretty clueless on what is happening in this world aren't you. That's why he's called the deceiver.........and yes he has. Here is my quote from that thread linked above.

Not only was Jesus birthday changed to Dec 25th, the day of worship, the Sabbath, was changed to SUNday in honor of Baal which means Lord.........hence the Lords Day.

neither is Nimrod Bel Marduk
as Nimrod only originally appears in the religious texts of the Hebrews
there is no record of him existing anywhere else
this is quite normal though with fictional characters
in the same way that Darth Vader isn't mentioned outside of the context of Star Wars

Maybe you aren't familiar with Nimrod. Maybe you have heard of Jupiter, or Zeus or Baal or Bel or Gilgamesh or Osiris or Dagon or Sol Invictus or Marduk. Same origin.

how old are you anyway
people have studied mythology for less than six months would whip your ass in a debate

You were likely the kid in the neighborhood that was always running at the mouth pushing people for a fight. You finally get so tired of listening to it that you figure issuing a slight azz kicking might be the only option.....or it will get worse. That's shuts him up for a couple of days but he always comes back for more............because he never figures out that you were taking it easy.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix

"Baal" can refer to any god and even to human officials; in some texts it is used as a substitute for Hadad, a god of the sun, rain, thunder, fertility and agriculture, and the lord of Heaven. Since only priests were allowed to utter his divine name Hadad, Baal was used commonly.

Yep, the Lord of Heaven. When you figure out who this lord of heaven is you might understand why Baal can refer to any of these gods that are connected.

Satan is also known as "the Prince and the power of the air". Maybe he's the one you're referring to? Just a thought...

TheBorg

[edit on 13-2-2007 by TheBorg]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 03:06 AM
link   
ok sun matrix I think I'm starting to understand
question
Is Bel Marduk also Satan ?
???

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Marduk, I think I see where sunmatrix is coming from as well...

If you drop the first consonant of Nimrod's name and take the others M, R, D you will have the basic root of the god of Babylon, whose name was Marduk, and whom most scholars identify with Nimrod. In the Babylonian religion, Nimrod (or Marduk) held a unique place. His wife was Semiramis. (In Cairo, Egypt, the Semiramis Hotel is named after this woman.) Marduk and Semiramis were the ancient god and goddess of Babylon. They had a son whom Semiramis claimed was virgin-born, and they founded the mother and child cult. This was the central character of the religion of ancient Babylon, the worship of a mother and child, supposedly virgin-born. You can see in this a clever attempt on the part of Satan to anticipate the genuine virgin birth and thus to cast disrepute upon the story when the Lord Jesus would later be born into history.

This ancient Babylonian cult of the mother and child spread to other parts of the earth. You will find it in the Egyptian religion as Isis and Osiris. In Greece it is Venus and Adonis, and in the Hindu religion it is Ushas and Vishnu. The same cult prevails in various other localities. It appears in the Old Testament in Jeremiah where the Israelites are warned against offering sacrifices to "the Queen of Heaven." This Queen of Heaven is Semiramis, the wife of Nimrod, the original mother of the Mother and Child cult. The cult has also crept into Christianity and forms the basis for the Mariolatry that has prevailed in the Roman Catholic Church, where the Mother and Child are worshiped as joint redeemers. Alexander Hislop, an authoritative writer in this field, has written a book called "The Two Babylons," which should be of great interest if you desire to pursue this further. This idolatrous religion culminates at last in the Bible in the book of Revelation. There, a "great harlot" appears, whose name is "Mystery Babylon the Great," the originator of all the harlotries and false religions of earth. The essence of Babylonianism, as we understand from Scripture, is the attempt to gain earthly honor by means of religious authority. That is Babylonianism, and it has pervaded Christian churches, Hindu temples, Buddhist shrines, and Mohammedan mosques. Everywhere it is the element that marks falseness in religion-the attempt to gain earthly power and prestige by means of religious authority.

That is what Nimrod began and what God will ultimately destroy, as we read in the book of Revelation. (from The Beginnings by Ray C. Stedman, Word Books 1978).

It's fundie stuff - you'll never get around the old 'You can see in this a clever attempt on the part of Satan to anticipate the genuine virgin birth and thus to cast disrepute upon the story when the Lord Jesus would later be born into history'

[edit on 13-2-2007 by Nebankh]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I think a person's religious/spiritual beliefs are not merely chosen or taught, but are down to different minds' capacity for understanding. That is to say, not one of us will see things exactly the same as someone else...no matter how much we agree on the basics there will be different influences on how a an individual processes the information, and selective perception can influence us, try as we might to avoid that. We have to break up the logical side in our mind and soul and find the crack in our psychological armour through which the light of true understanding can get in.

I agree. Not to get off topic, but I was having a discussion the other day about this idea; we likened it to a game that's enjoyable to someone of any skill level; something like chess or Pente.....it's as complex or involved as your personal level of skill or understanding allows.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Well I'm a Pantheist Alchemist non-literalist pagan-christic gnostic with a small g....
I might be the only one ;-) doesn't matter, the creative force speaks to me too but I keep that info just for close friends

I kept this to myself for years, because I figured no one would believe me. I can't keep it bottled up inside. It feels to me like the light I have been shown was for my own benefit firstly and by me getting things straight in my head, I have been able to help many others.

I have been asked if I was an Angel sent by God to help a person who had just prayed to God for help. I say no, but God has sent me to help you. I have lost count of the number of times this has happened to me. This is what happens when you hear the voice of God and act on what you hear. That is one side, the other consists of warnings to help me navigate my life.

I still get the police warning 27 years later. This is an ongoing witness to me that God is true to His word, in this warning. I just need to keep up my end of the bargain. It has involved more than I could have ever imagined.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I kept this to myself for years, because I figured no one would believe me

I can't see why you'd think that

sounds perfectly reasonable to me that God has chosen you as his messenger
after all last time he picked someone the guy was a carpenter

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk
ok sun matrix I think I'm starting to understand
question
Is Bel Marduk also Satan ?
???

Yes Marduk................Bel Marduk is Satan.

If you do some extensive research (beyond the crumb trail left for us to find) you can tie all these religions and false gods to the origin point of Babylon. The origin of the sun god is Lucifer (Satan) the light bringer. You will also find an intentional timeline confusion.

From Babylon to Hinduism-Buddhism-Taoism.......to Shintoism and the land of the rising sun. From Babylon to Egypt to the Roman and Greek gods.......into Catholicism.....Islam.....Mormonism etc. etc. etc. It is the lie that blinds the world.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Leafer...If you go to this site www.nationalgeographic.com...
and then a little way down to the left, you can download the entire text of the "Lost Gospels or Judas"

Then go to www.webcom.com...
to read the entire "Lost Gospel of Mary Magdalene"

Then to www.misericordia.edu...
for the entire Gospel of Thomas

Then to reluctant-messenger.com...
for the entire Gnostic Gospel of Philip

Took awhile to find, but they are VERY worth it!! Hope you like them.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   

statement by sunmatrix
Bel = Baal = Nimrod = Marduk

statment by sunmatrix
Maybe you have heard of Jupiter, or Zeus or Baal or Bel or Gilgamesh or Osiris or Dagon or Sol Invictus or Marduk. Same origin.

statement by sunmatrix
Bel Marduk is Satan

so what you're saying is that Nimrod, Satan, Marduk, Sol Invictus, Osiris, Dagon, Zeus, Gilgamesh and Jupiter can all be indentified by the appelation Baal
yes thats quite clear thank you

statement by sunmatrix
Baal means Lord

ah i see
so Jesus is really satan then
because he quite clearly identifies himself as "lord" (Baal) in John 13:13-14
13"You call me 'Teacher' and 'Lord,' and rightly so, for that is what I am. 14Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another's feet.

ooh yes its so obvious now.
thats why its called the lords prayer. because its really about Satan aka Jesus

ok so cool
listen up everybody
Sunmatrix has pointed out that Jesus is in fact Satan
so be careful ok

hey wait a minute
i remember you saying that you believed in Jesus sunmatrix
so that makes you a satanist
convicted by your own tongue

update
everybody don't listen to a word that sunmatrix says ever as he is a representative of the beast and is a master of lies and deception

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Yes Jesus is Lord. But there are other lords of which Satan is one. That's why Jesus is known as King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

Why is that the weak minded is always calling for support. Be a man and stand on your own feet. I guess understand though. When you continually get slapped down you gotta do something. I'll try to be gentle.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 04:13 AM
link   
get thee behind me Satan
you have condemned yourself by your own words
now you claim different but what you actually said is posted there for all to see in black and white, well black and grey

as for your claim that I have been continually slapped down by you thats laughable
you've been warned by the mod team for talking rubbish several times and for never backing up any of your claims with links
the reason of course we all know now is because you are actually a satanist and there are no credible links for satanism on the web

there are other lords of which satan is one

Satan is a seraphim and a fallen one at that. He is not nor has ever been a Lord to anyone but those who worship him as such
its quite clear why you would call him lord though
he may be your lord but he isn't anyone elses you heretic. you know you'll burn in hell for trying to pervert Gods truth don't you

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Nimrod,

I understand your problem. It will be okay. I will keep the doses as small as possible. It will help your fear. You are very afraid, that much is clear.

As for the lost books of the Bible...........there arel no lost books. These so called lost books are of Gnostic origin and are an attempt to confuse the truth. We can trace the origin of the Gnostics to Zoroaster who is none other than Nimrod.

[edit on 16-2-2007 by Sun Matrix]

[edit on 16-2-2007 by Sun Matrix]

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join