Obama's Church: Not Your Average Christian Church

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
There was just a segment on Hannity & Colmes about this, FF. It won't get too much coverage from the MSM because of Scooter Libby and because of the liberal reporting of the MSM.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 05:02 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

I found one story that talks about the distancing Obama is doing, but it doesn't go into the comment about being connected to the Nation of Islam and the trip to Libya.

From the Fox News article -

Obama's campaign is distancing the candidate from Rev. Jeremiah Wright, the pastor at Obama's Chicago area church, over Wright's supposedly Afro-centric teachings. Obama had asked Wright to deliver the invocation at his Feb. 10 presidential announcement, but disinvited the preacher saying, "You can get kind of rough in the sermons, so what we’ve decided is that it’s best for you not to be out there in public."

Funny .. it says 'supposedly Afro-centric teachings'.
The entire 'church' is a black power church and that's the core of their preaching ....

[edit on 3/7/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Its like Our Lady Of Gays & ######## of Cape Cod.

Really- do they need their "own" church? Isnt praying to one God what one does in church?

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   
WOW what reliable and responsible news sources... Hannity and Colmes and Fox news. I am impressed. Obama must be really bad if THEY are reporting on him.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Fox news.

Grover, grover, grover .... I said on the previous page that MSNBC was reporting this on the TV. Last night, FOX did too. I don't watch CNN so I cant' say if they had it on their TV or not.

This isn't 'just' a FOX thing .. it's on the other channels and is on the internet being reported. Obama is distancing himself from his spiritual advisor. His spiritual advisor is reportedly (MSNBC says) mouthing off about Obama not having a 'snowballs chance in hell' once everyone finds out about him (the minister) going to Libya with Louis Farrakahn (Nation of Islam).

Nice try to deflect, grover. It's not working though.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
why are we talking about the guy's religion? yes, i know what i've heard, it sounds less than pleasent, but do you really think obama devoutly follows his church?

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Probably no more devoutly than any other church goer. Look at that gay meth addict guy.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
do you really think obama devoutly follows his church?

He has publically claimed that the minister of this church is his spiritual advisor. Yes, they attend services there and are full members. He says so. Part of the vetting process is to examine the candidate. Obama has said that this man advises him. Obama chose to go to this church and usually people choose a church that fits their belief process.

If you get to know the church and the minister .. you get to see what advice Obama is accepting and where his head/heart are. ALL candidates disclose this information. Obama should be vetted just like everyone else. He doesn't get a special pass.

If a white man went to a church that espouses white power and called .. oh let's say Germany ... 'homeland' ... there would be fireworks in the press. Obama is getting a free pass on this.

I am looking for information as to which trip Obama’s minister took to Libya with Farrakhan. Was it the 1996 trip that they went together? You all know ... the one that Moammar Gadhafi pledged $1 billion to help Farrakhan develop a Muslim political lobby in the US?

Farrakhan – who calls white people ‘potentially human’ - who says that 'God has rendered judgement and the USA must be destroyed'

Farrakhan

Yeah .. I can see why Obama wants to make America think he's distant from his spiritual advisor. If the country finds out that Obama’s spiritual advisor goes on trips to Libya and hangs with a fella that calls white people ‘potentially human’ …. Well, that would be very interesting, wouldn’t it?

I’m looking and looking …. The TV news is reporting it. But I’m not finding a link anywhere as to the date he was there and the alleged purpose of the trip.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I'm sure some of you saw the lady on The Colbert Report that talked about how Democrats are bringing their religion into their campaigns
because it works for the Republicans.

I suspect Obama is distancing himself so as to portray the "right" religious image to the public. Yes, it makes me sick that anyone would USE religion in a political sense, but it's "the thing" to do these days.

Anyone who would "arrange" their religious appearance to promote their political position is pretty slimy in my book. Of course, politicians are slimy in my book, for the most part.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Anyone who would "arrange" their religious appearance to promote their political position is pretty slimy in my book.

Hmmm ... that covers just about the entire bunch of Americans in politics.
The only politician that I can personally attest to being sincere in the religion department is Alan Keyes. We have mutual friends and I know for a fact the guy is genuine. But of course .. he also can't win for anything.

edited to add link -
Keyes info

[edit on 3/7/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
If you are going to attack Obama (or any other politician running) attack him for his experince, or lack thereof, attack him for his policies or his lack thereof or even attack him for his party affliation; but leave his religion (or church he attends) out of it, leave his ethnic background out of it, leave whether he attended a Islamic run school as a child out of it and leave whether any of his family ever owned slaves out of it. They are all totally ilrelevant and have nothing to do about whether the man can do the job or not. To focus on those things smacks of a pointless and ugly smear. The real question and the only one that honestly matters, is can the man do the job?

As for his church, I lived in Portland Maine for a long time and it has a very large Catholic community divided up into Poles, Irish, Italians and French and each and every group attended the local Polish, Irish, Italian and French church and it was no big deal, certainly not one to focus on. The churches paid attention to the spiritual needs of that community and of course those needs differed just as the needs of an average methodist church differs in its focus from an African Methodist Church, or if a gay man (such as Barney Frank) attends the Metropolitian Community Church because it focuses on the spiritual (and social and political) needs of the gay community. No big deal.

Again the question is can Barack Obama do the job? And my answer is in a few years perhaps, but not now, he is too green and in the long run that is all that matters.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I was glad to see this article on the internet this morning.

Obama nodding his head in agreement .... blame whitey for everything ....

Yep .. they sure do spend their time in worship there, don't they?

And the end of the article said a lot - the 'minister' admitting that Obama was going to have to orchestrate opinions by distancing himself from the hate church if he got the nomination.

If Obama was a white fella attending a white power 'church' ... the press would have torn into this (and rightly so).

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
FF, show me how this is any different than the evangelical Christian support of the current republican party.

This isn't about White power/black power, it's about the empowerment of an oppressed people. And if you are going to sit there ant tell me that black people are not and have not been oppressed, then I'll just laugh.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
FF, show me how this is any different than the evangelical Christian support of the current republican party.

Ras .. show me an evangelical Christian 'church' that has all these things as their public mission statement and I'll denounce it as well (I have replaced the Obama-Church 'black' words with the word 'white')

1. Commitment to God
2. Commitment to the White Community
3. Commitment to the White Family
4. Dedication to the Pursuit of Education
5. Dedication to the Pursuit of Excellence
6. Adherence to the White Work Ethic
7. Commitment to Self-Discipline and Self-Respect
8. Disavowal of the Pursuit of "Middleclassness"
9. Pledge to make the fruits of all developing and acquired skills available to the White Community
10. Pledge to Allocate Regularly, a Portion of Personal Resources for Strengthening and Supporting White Institutions
11. Pledge allegiance to all White leadership who espouse and embrace the White Value System
12. Personal commitment to embracement of the White Value System.

BTW .. if it really were committed to God, then it's pastor would spend time talking about GOD instead of hanging with terrorists in Libya and instead of continually whining about how he thinks whitey has, and continues to, destroy black people.

This isn't about White power/black power, it's about the empowerment of an oppressed people.

Silly me .. I thought Church was about the worship of GOD.

And if you are going to sit there ant tell me that black people ...

:shk: 'If I'm going to sit there and tell you ... etc etc ' Oh please ... you are projecting.

I'm 'sitting here' and I'm 'telling you' that this isn't a Church ... it's a racist political/social organization that is anti-white. Period.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Lets take it one by one, and show why they are different.

Originally posted by FlyersFan
(I have replaced the Obama-Church 'black' words with the word 'white')

1. Commitment to God
2. Commitment to the White Community

The white community isn't nearly as oppressed and downtrodden as the underclass black ghettos. In order to bring the black community to social equality, they must work to bring each other up. The white community by and large isn't oppressed and doesn't need the same type of support.

3. Commitment to the White Family

See above.

6. Adherence to the White Work Ethic

Again, as an underclass grows, it needs to have faith in itself and have the support of it's community. By defining a social work ethic it makes it easier for the underclass and underprivileged to identify with those who have been successful using that same ethic. It also really helps if those who made it came from the same place they did.

7. Commitment to Self-Discipline and Self-Respect
8. Disavowal of the Pursuit of "Middleclassness"

If Middleclassness means what I think it does, at least in the context of reverend Wright's sermons, I don't disagree with this. Often the middle class is in a position where they work more towards somewhat selfish goals. By that I mean they are in a position where they can't necessarily afford to help those in need because they are on the brink of this position themselves. They must maintain their own status quo. This often comes at the expense of those who have less in their community.

They often also live in areas fairly displaced from those of lower income. This leads to the "out of sight, out of mind" mentality that plagues this country. By avoiding the middleclassness, no matter what one's income is, one is able to identify with those more in need than one's self, and help them as if they were of the same class, which should be the goal of every American.

9. Pledge to make the fruits of all developing and acquired skills available to the White Community

For the most part the controlling white community doesn't need to share it's wealth with their community. The rest of the community has enough of their own wealth to support itself.

10. Pledge to Allocate Regularly, a Portion of Personal Resources for Strengthening and Supporting White Institutions

Very often black businesses fail because of their location and the income level of their patrons. I don't see what the problem is with supporting businesses in one's neighborhood.

11. Pledge allegiance to all White leadership who espouse and embrace the White Value System

Again, the black value system he speaks of is the support and help that the black community should give to each other to help itself out of the slums and ghettos in which they've been forced to live for centuries. Why should we not support leaders who share that view?

12. Personal commitment to embracement of the White Value System.

See above

BTW .. if it really were committed to God, then it's pastor would spend time talking about GOD instead of hanging with terrorists in Libya and instead of continually whining about how he thinks whitey has, and continues to, destroy black people.

The role of any community leader is to help their community better itself. God is a means for this man to get a message of brotherly love, and community support to the masses. If he were to only talk about God, and not talk about the community, then he'd be failing in his duties as a leader.

This isn't about White power/black power, it's about the empowerment of an oppressed people.

Silly me .. I thought Church was about the worship of GOD.

See above

And if you are going to sit there ant tell me that black people ...

:shk: 'If I'm going to sit there and tell you ... etc etc ' Oh please ... you are projecting.

Not really. You seem to be more upset about his use of the word black to his black congregation than you do about the positive message and values that he's conveying to people who need to hear it. SPecifically the points you seened to gloss over like...

1. Commitment to God

7. Commitment to Self-Discipline and Self-Respect......

And all other points that lead to the betterment of one's community.

It sounds to me like you don't see the underclass black community as having been oppressed, and in need of uplifting.

I'm 'sitting here' and I'm 'telling you' that this isn't a Church ... it's a racist political/social organization that is anti-white. Period.

Do they pray to God? Then it's a church. As I said above, the role of a church is to uplift it's congregation. It's also there to help the community (or should be). All this man is doing is pointing out the already painfully obvious destruction that white America has brought upon colored people (black brown and red) throughout the history of this country. Spanning from Spanish conquistadors to modern day clansmen dragging black people to their deaths behind their pickup trucks, the European influence on North America has been largely a destructive force on those not of European decent.

That's not to say that anyone of European origin is a destructive person mind you.

[edit on 9-8-2007 by Rasobasi420]

[edit on 9-8-2007 by Rasobasi420]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Yikes, i had no idea that Obama had this extra baggage with him.

If we take out the premise that Blacks cannot be racist, this would apear to be a huge racist orgsination.

But no worries. Only people with light colored skin can be racist.

America is full of racists today, but its not the same story that happen 60 years ago, the roles have been reversed, and the media is still living in the past, grabbing at headlines.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Let me see if I get this straight. Some posters here didn't like Obama because he is supposedly a Moslem? Oh! I forgot that claim has been laid to rest. Let's see. He is a Christian!? Maybe not the right type of Christian after all! Look at the church he attends! My gosh IT'S AFROCENTRIC!!! That should disqualify him. Whew! for a moment there I thought I couldn't come up with a politically correct reason to not vote for him. Now I don't have to fall back on the fact that he is BLACK! THE DIVERSITY OF RELIGOUS SECTS HAVE SAVED ME. HALLELUJAH I HAVE BEEN SAVED FROM MY RACIST SELF!!!

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Obama does not have a chance, he has had and may still have Islamic ties and he currently attends a church that makes racial distinctions one of it's top concerns rather than faith in christ. It does appear suspect...and frankly there's nothing to trust in someone that concurs to this type of ideology.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   

The only politician that I can personally attest to being sincere in the religion department is Alan Keyes. We have mutual friends and I know for a fact the guy is genuine. But of course .. he also can't win for anything.

Jimmy Carter is a better person than all of us put together. The first and last truly evangelical President.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Jimmy Carter is a better person than all of us put together. The first and last truly evangelical President.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join