It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Church: Not Your Average Christian Church

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I wouldn't be surprised to see major changes on their website soon. I expect they will make it look more neutral.

I'll bet a box of donuts ... any takers??

I'll take that bet. There's no reason for them to change. Not only that but I bet the response will be overwhelmingly positive. I bet they have whites in their membership.

I don't eat donuts. Damn!

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Just because he speaks directly to the Black Community doesn't mean he is conflicting anything he said. If he said White Community would you still feel that he is conflicting anything he said? A majority of Black Communities are in constant turmoil. A good example would be Martin Luther King Blvd. There is one in every city and they are all run down and house mostly black and minority communities. There are so many black people killing black people that the KKK is not needed anymore. Black people are the number 1 minority that end up in prison and there is much more negative things that this current black generation is steriotyped. So don't down him for creating confidence in the Black Community.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Afterall .. one of their own is running for president and they have to at least appear civilized.

You know FF, once in a while comments like this slip out, and I wonder what you're really thinking.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
People bitch about the EOE, quotas etc etc and here it is this church is esposuing ethics that call for the independence and self-reliance to better themselves and their community and people are looking at it as though its a bad thing. Guess since they couldn't associate him with Islam they are looking for a different angle to smear him with.

When people can say that the majority of the population in prisons are black people, these ethics seem to me, to be better then what anyone else can offer. Its not like they are calling for supporting a foreign nation, they are looking to support our fellow Americans. It can only lead to the betterment of our own society as well as their communities.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
People bitch about the EOE, quotas etc etc and here it is this church is esposuing ethics that call for the independence and self-reliance to better themselves and their community and people are looking at it as though its a bad thing. Guess since they couldn't associate him with Islam they are looking for a different angle to smear him with.

When people can say that the majority of the population in prisons are black people, these ethics seem to me, to be better then what anyone else can offer. Its not like they are calling for supporting a foreign nation, they are looking to support our fellow Americans. It can only lead to the betterment of our own society as well as their communities.

You're missing the point, ThePieMaN. People don't care what the church says anymore than they care about what the Phelps church says.

The point is, a candidate for POTUS embraces their values. As for your statement

Its not like they are calling for supporting a foreign nation, they are looking to support our fellow Americans.

Not the way that I read it:

We are an African people, and remain "true to our native land," the mother continent, the cradle of civilization

That is exclusionary in that it does not specify all Americans, and shows an allegiance to a land other than the US.

Once again, perfectly within the rights of this church to state that. But I, for one, do not want a POTUS that embraces those racist, exclusionary values.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Shocking truly shocking that a black Christian church would express values that would uplift and strengthen the black community.... shocking I say shocking. Must be a damn commie plot. To believe such things should immediately disqualify them from being president... better yet... string him up.

Yeah right.

[edit on 9-2-2007 by grover]

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Thought I'd give you guys the eMail response from Tucc.org

Mr. *******,
Thanks for writing! Yes, we have white, black, Hispanic and other races in our congregation! Your sister would be welcome and feel welcome at our church! We hope you all come out and worship with us soon!
God Bless You!
Rev. Stacey

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Thank you, Rasobasi420 *kiss*

FF, Donut me!

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Not the way that I read it:

We are an African people, and remain "true to our native land," the mother continent, the cradle of civilization

Of course "not the way you read it" because then it would not be following in with your agenda. Otherwise if you read it within the context that its intended to be read you would have understood what they were talking about. God forbid they have pride in their ancestry and wish to see their community have pride in it as well and to use that as an example on how they should be living their lives. Of course this statement means that Obama is going to support Africa and not think about the USA. LOL .Your a gas!

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
What's my "agenda", ThePieMaN? What's yours?

Like I said before, substitute "white" for "black", and see how quick you would be to support the church.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

FF, Donut me!

Oh, yeah, so Raso gets a kiss!

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Hay, he got me donuts!

jso... *kiss*

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Aww shucks,
Thank ya BH. I never got a kiss before.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I hope I didn't kill the thread by posting a dose of reality.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   
These right wing attacks are just plain bigoted and would not be happening if Mr. Obama were not black... case in point I have yet to see any such attacks against any of the other white candidates for president, male or female.

First there was the assertion that somehow Mr. Obama would be a manchurian candidate based on the slur that because of his name he is a closet Muslim and would betray his country. Then there was the whole madrassa blowup the only source of which was the right wing ragzine Insight and then parroted by faux news. Now this attack on him because of the church he attends.

Looks more and more like a 21st century version of a lynching to me.

[edit on 10-2-2007 by grover]

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   
You know, the usual attacks are against the politicians corruption, or scandals, or real policy. This is the best that right wing spin doctors can offer.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   

FF, Donut me!

No sweetie. I was doing a donut bet that they change the website and remove the 'black' part and African part of their website.

Guess I should have been more specific. But since it's my fault that I wasn't clear enough, I'll buy you a donut anyways .. just because I didn't make myself clear. If we ever get together .. a will spring for a donut of your choice.

I STILL think that they will change the website. Give it some time.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
I hope I didn't kill the thread by posting a dose of reality.

Seriously, though, Rasobasi, what response would you have expected from the pastor, esp. given that pre-loaded email you sent to the church?

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
These right wing attacks are just plain bigoted and would not be happening if Mr. Obama were not black... case in point I have yet to see any such attacks against any of the other white candidates for president, male or female.

First there was the assertion that somehow Mr. Obama would be a manchurian candidate based on the slur that because of his name he is a closet Muslim and would betray his country. Then there was the whole madrassa blowup the only source of which was the right wing ragzine Insight and then parroted by faux news. Now this attack on him because of the church he attends.

Looks more and more like a 21st century version of a lynching to me.

[edit on 10-2-2007 by grover]

I still stand by this.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
From the anonymous board

Original Anonymous Post By: anon_94779
This anonymous post is in response to ATS thread: Obama's Church: Not Your Average Christian Church

Do you have any idea how bigoted the right wing assault on Obama is? First there was the post on here railing about the supposed madrassa that he attended as a child, and BTW they claimed that it came from the Clinton camp when the only source for it was the right wing ragazine Insight and then parroted by faux news. There have been accusations that he would be a tratior because he is supposedly a closet Muslim based on his name, and now this attack via the church he attends.

Is all this because he is black or if it is because he is black and running for president... either way it is unseemly. The man deserves to be judged by his ideas and his qualifications and his character... it seems to me that this in just a 21st century version of the stringing up of an uppity ______!!!

AND it is wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join