It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone tried nightvision conversion?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I was wondering if anyone has tried the nightvision on a handycam to view UFO's outside our frequency range? Did it work? Do you need some kind of lens filter?

Thanks for your input.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I've successfully converted my old digital camera into an infrared one, problem is the picture is a little fuzzy. I need to clean the filter I think. Then I will test it outside and see if I can spot any UFOs! Wish me luck!

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Interesting, I've seen many videos taken by ordinary people using their camcorders and nightshot mode really captures UFOs unable to be seen by the human eye. I hope your conversion works, Dr X.

[edit on 8-2-2007 by Zeta_101]

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
any information on how to convert ?

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I removed the IR filter from my SONY Hi-8 camcorder. It worked fine, except now it focuses strangely... deep field seems to focus OK though. Not sure if it was technical error when removing the filter or if this is just the way things are after filter removal. I havn't really experimented with it heavily yet however.

I'm planning on doing a lunar version of the solar obliteration technique for filming unknowns. Once we get back into double-digit temps that is...

Wish I had the link for you , if i remember I just Googled and drilled thru the results.

GOOD LUCK!

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Thanks for the great info. I will try it soon will post any results. Please let us know if any get results.

Rich

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
What you need is a camera made for IR imagery.

Sony makes the exview super HAD chip which can see in IR with out IR diode assistance.

If you search on ebay for exview, HAD or 0.05 Lux you will find CCTV cameras.
They exceed the camera capabilities of your standard consumer camcorder.

You will basically be able to see the night sky just as if you were looking at it with your eye, but with the added IR vision as well.
You can buy these for $75-$300 depending on the resolution.

top topics

join