It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Wikipedia Page for ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Alrighty, well I was browsing Wikipedia, and I decided to look up ATS, and to my
surprise there was no page for the site.

Now, there are pages for various other websites, and ATS is popular
enough that I'd think there would be a page about it.

So, is this on purpose, or has no one ever just gotten around to making
one?

[edit on 2/7/2007 by iori_komei]

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Hmm, there used to be one. Unfortunately is was pretty much written by people who dislike ATS.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
there is now.

Just created it.

en.wikipedia.org...

TD

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Mabye some goons erased it?

* 194.46.236.42 (talk · contribs · logs · block user · block log) -- vandalized Abovetopsecret.com, different IP, but same person as 194.46.240.162
o 194.46.240.162 (talk · contribs · logs · block user · block log) -- vandalized Abovetopsecret.com
o 216.167.153.146 (talk · contribs · logs · block user · block log) -- vandalized Abovetopsecret.com with nazi references as part of a petty personal vendetta
o The last user at that IP address to edit abovetopsecret.com did so on July 28th [1]. This page is only for vandalism that is currently in progress. | Keithlaw

Wikipedia:Requests_for_investigation

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   
HAHAHA!!

I've been a member of this site for over a year, and just this morning I tried to look up an ATS page on wikipedia. There wasn't one, so I have started writing one on my computer!

I wonder what the chances of this happening are? I start writing one and you post saying there isn't one, and someone should do something!

never mind. I saved the article from immeadete deletion with my user profile, which wiki didn't stop, luckily. If no one says any different, I should have a crappy first draft article ready in about 2-3 days.

[edit on 7/2/2007 by watch_the_rocks]

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
There was one for a bit which was consistently vandalized by glory seeking psychopathic children and banned trolls.

Some of us wanted a serious entry there because wiki is so widely known and a site as influential and important as ATS does deserve an entry there, but you know how it can be sometimes...

I have heard that wiki has taken steps since then to make it more difficult for lunatics and troublemakers to ruin other people's work so maybe this time will be better?

Anything's possible.

[edit on 2/7/2007 by Djarums]

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I think there's a policy for wiki articles where the person or organization that page refers to cannot edit or add anything to the page itself. This is to keep large organizations from taking out any negative publicity from their wikipedia page. I'm not sure how that rule would apply to members or of this forum, because technically we are still counted as part of the ATS organization. Still it would be better for us to do it rather than someone who has no experience with ATS.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks
I wonder what the chances of this happening are? I start writing one and you post saying there isn't one, and someone should do something!

Well, I'm no mathematician, but I'll make a guess that it's something
like 1 in 14,572.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Still it would be better for us to do it rather than someone who has no experience with ATS.

Or in the case of what I mentioned before, banned members with a grudge against ATS. Those edits would hardly be neutral.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I looked a while back but thought the absence of a Wikipedia page was the reason we had tinwiki.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I request for everyone to leave the ATS wikipedia entry for now. There is a reason why there isn't any. Like Djarums has mentioned, it was vandalized by former members.

Please do not create a wiki entry unless an admin says it's okay to do so.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
We have a nice ATS page on tinWiki

tinwiki.org...

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
There used to be one at Wikipedia.. I wonder what happened to it. Ahhh,maybe it was tinwiki and not wiki that had it..

[edit on 8-2-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
I request for everyone to leave the ATS wikipedia entry for now. There is a reason why there isn't any. Like Djarums has mentioned, it was vandalized by former members.

Please do not create a wiki entry unless an admin says it's okay to do so.

Thats horrible... why would anyone vandalize wiki? Would these people be so immature as to do something so destructive?

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Vandals are like forum trolls and other vermin. They use the anonymity of the internet as an excuse to act like jerks.

[edit on 8/2/2007 by Umbrax]

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Ive just got persmission from springer to use the logo on the wiki page, so I guess that's permission . . .

And I would be more than happy to go online everyday and just fix it up, and request IP blocks for those who attempt to vandalize it. It's not like an ATS page would be the only one to be vandalized. You should see the histories for pages like 9/11 conspiraces and GWB!

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
The entries for Glocktalk.com, fantasticforum.com, armslocker.com and cardschat.com are also missing. They were there before.

They may have removed their entries about forums because or rampant sabotage. I know the glocktalk and fantastic forum entries were both constantly under attack. I never looked at the others or ATS's .

new topics

top topics

join