It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Die hard Bears fans loses bet. Changes name to Peyton manning!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I just thought people everywhere would get a kick out of this story.

Die hard Chicago Bears fan gets drunk at local bar and formally announces that if the Colts beat the Bears he would change his name to Peyton Manning.

Damn this guy has integrity. My hats off actually.

Peyton Manning's the name

Wiese, a die-hard fan of the Chicago Bears, signed a pledge in front of a crowd at a Decatur bar last Friday night that if the Bears lost Sunday's Super Bowl, he'd change his name to that of the man who led the Indianapolis Colts to victory.

Final Score: Colts 29, Bears 17.

So on Tuesday, Wiese went to the Macon County Courts Facility and started the process of changing his name.

"I made the bet, and now I've got to keep it," said the 26-year-old, who lives in Forsyth, just north of Decatur.

AAC

[edit on 7-2-2007 by AnAbsoluteCreation]

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Wow...

I'm impressed actually

They are still people able to keep up their word! Well... nothing else to say, hope he likes his new name

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Oh football, what have you done. On a less serious note, haha to that guy.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
No offense intended, but you folks are amazed and awed by this mans integrity?

There was no 'bet' so to speak, this guy was at a bar, perhaps drinking, I dont know, but anyway he said if the bears lose he would change his name.
His buddies, tired of his outlandish claims, made him sign a pledge, right there on the spot in front of a bar full of witnesses.
After the game one of his friends, a lawyer, filed the paperwork for a change of name.
There was really no 'bet', as he would have gained nothing if the bears would have won.
I also dont think he would be doing this had his friend not filed the paperwork and everybody at his local bar not been a witness to his fanatic behavior.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11Bravo
No offense intended, but you folks are amazed and awed by this mans integrity?

There was no 'bet' so to speak, this guy was at a bar, perhaps drinking, I dont know, but anyway he said if the bears lose he would change his name.
His buddies, tired of his outlandish claims, made him sign a pledge, right there on the spot in front of a bar full of witnesses.
After the game one of his friends, a lawyer, filed the paperwork for a change of name.
There was really no 'bet', as he would have gained nothing if the bears would have won.
I also dont think he would be doing this had his friend not filed the paperwork and everybody at his local bar not been a witness to his fanatic behavior.

Where do you draw the line at though?

He could fight this and win he he wanted, he just doesn't want to. His friends should pullout in my opinion. Having two alias can really be a hassal in life.

AAC

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   
i think its funny, but i also think this guy is trying to get his 15 minutes of fame by actually going through with it. maybe the judge wont approve the name change because of the reasons involved.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I give it sixty days before he gives in to temptation and finances a bunch of big-ticket items with his new name.

New Porsche, new house, big television...

The credit card companies will be more than happy to hook him up, especially if they think he's that guy who makes a few million dollars a year.

If nothing else, he can always supplement his income signing autographs.

new topics

top topics

join