It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth about Fox News

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I have a bumper sticker on my car that says, "Friends don't let friends watch Fox News." I get into dead ended conversations with friends, family, and strangers who get their news from nowhere but Fox News.

I did not follow the news until the 2000 election. Since then I have been a news junkie, which led me to be a conspiracy junky. Now, with this, I have more fuel for the fire. For the record, I am not a wacky liberal, I am a registered independent who wants nothing more than to see our government work rationally, and for everyone in authoritative positions to think independently, (of course taking what the public thinks in consideration). I shake my head at people who go with their party leaders just because they are in the same party. They should vote for what they would do if they were in that position. They know whats wrong or whats right, right? You would hope!

Anyway, News Corporation, owned by Rupert Murdoch, who runs Fox News, New York Post, etc., quoted this at the World Economic Forum.

Asked if his News Corp. managed to shape the agenda on the war in Iraq, Murdoch said: "No, I don't think so. We tried." Asked by Rose for further comment, he said: "We basically supported the Bush policy in the Middle East…but we have been very critical of his execution."

Heres where I heard it at:
Olbermann's Story

They source it from here:
]Hollywood Reporter

There's also stuff on it here:

www.newscorpse.com...
www.crooksandliars.com... upert-murdoch-admits-manipulating-the-mediasurprisesurprise/

etc... Just search Google.

Interesting that they omitted it from this video!
Google video

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Fox News is all Republican, No doubt about that. They support Bush and Republican political candidates in the election by showing their ads like crazy.
They talked trash on other parties and their views.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
The helo pilot must have been real scared! Why not fly towards it? Did they not get film of russian boster stage burning up. Lucky lucky bastard.....

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Also they can sometimes be some of the rudest people on live tv.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Fox News is more truthful than the other news agencies, IMO; it is thanks to them that CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS, BBC, etc...can't lie the way they used to.

however, they are Republican, and they seek ratings, so they B.S. stuff here and there as well, just as the other news agencies do.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by WheelsRCool
Fox News is more truthful than the other news agencies

Wasn't Fox News the channel who called the election for bush, which is where the Florida Recount started?

Doesn't Bill O'reilly get called on lies and misinformation almost daily?

Doesn't Fox News portray the Iraq war as being successful?

Doesn't Fox News make a mockery of things that don't quite fit the Republican agenda?

Aren't their ratings in a steady decline of viewers?

Aren't they the only channel that has a "terror alert?"

edit: Added one more question.

[edit on 8-2-2007 by Quasar]

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
If i want real news i watch anything but Fox News.

On the other hand, if my husband and I want a good, hearty laugh we watch Fox News.....=) What brain-washed fools!!

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Ahhhhh, don't get me started on Fox News. That channel is so biased. Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity should both be shot. I have never seen two people so rude to guests on their shows. I was flipping through channels the other night and landed on Hannity and Colmes. They had Ann Coulter, a total female dog, and Geraldine Ferraro on. Hannity and Coulter were so rude to Ferraro. Neither of them would let her finish a sentence that contradicted what they said or believed.

That channel is crap, I yell at my wife everytime I see her watching it.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Hannity was just put on my fav local talk radio and OMG was i pissed! If you are liberal or even close dont call him because you will get called names and hung up on before you can get a word in edgewise! they are ridiculous! So biased

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
You do realize those calling out Bill O'Reilly only do so because they hate him so much? It is Fox News against everyone else.

You do realize that it is too early to judge the success of the Iraq War? That more violence happens in one American city everyday then in all of Iraq? That it traditionally takes 9 years to complete something like Iraq? That the terrorists have tried multiple times to attack America since 9/11, a big one being when the British caught those Airline hijackers?

However, you are right to some extent, O'Reilly does lie here and there, BUT SO DOES THE REST OF THE MEDIA. They just don't admit it.

Media Lie: That G.W. Bush responded badly to Katrina.
Truth: The Bush reponse was fast than Clinton's to Hurricane Andrew or Bush Sr's to Hurricane Hugo.

Truth again: The Bush administration mounted the fastest response in American history to a large disaster.

Media Lie: FEMA handled Katrina badly.
Truth: FEMA is a BACK-UP. This was a failure of the State and local governments, something the mainstream media fails to acknowledge.

Media Lie: Bush conducts illegal wiretapping.
Truth: Bush's program is for listening to international signals, not domestic phone calls, and is thus completely different from wiretapping.

Media Lie: The War in Iraq was solely over WMDs.
Truth: It was just one reason amongst many that we handed to the U.N.

...one can go on; the point is, the mainstream media lies left and right, and I'm not saying Fox News doesn't, but usually what everyone else lies about, Fox News counters with the turh oftentimes, which has generated massive hatred for Fox News because it is so successful.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Media Lie: The War in Iraq was solely over WMDs.

yep you hit the nail on the head with that one!!!

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 04:28 AM
link   
i dont think anyone has mentioned this but news corp is a very wealthy company so why in fact did they buy myspace.com We know they didnt need the money from the advertising on the site so whast the real reason? can anyone explain this to me

[edit on 9-2-2007 by snobird]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Google video "outfoxed"I would have posted the link but i'm kind slow.

this is a documentary about fox and their propaganda tactics and brainwashing. pretty slimy stuff. about an hour and a half but a good watch.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by WheelsRCool News against everyone
You do realize that it is too early to judge the success of the Iraq War? That more violence happens in one American city everyday then in all of Iraq? That it traditionally takes 9 years to complete something like Iraq?
Then how come Rummsfield and Bush and all the other warmongers gave us the time line of lasting only months, or even just weeks before we went in. If they knew that this was going to be a "traditional" war, then how come they lied to us?

That the terrorists have tried multiple times to attack America since 9/11, a big one being when the British caught those Airline hijackers?

Do you realise that those'hijackers' didn't have plane tickets, nor some of them even passports. These'plans' were not even feasable. The type of explosive they were going to use are impractical or even almost impossible to create without a labratory setting. Even if you tried , all the equipment you would need( ice,bath, large thermometer, more chemicals than will fit in your average pop bottle..etc. etc...) would be detectable by the search methods BEFORE august 10th. And if you are so up on your facts, do a little research on the supposed ringleader of this attack..... He's out walking the streets as we speak. Found to have no evidence against him whatsoever.By a JUDGE nontheless. Hmm, makes you wonder eh? That's just one of the plots, the other ones are even easier to diffuse.
There are so many websites out there that will enlighten you more than ANY news chanel. I don't even watch the news. I get it all from the internet. Where I still have a chance to get an UNBIASED and Truthful report.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I don't like Fox News because they made verichip and personal locating devices (that basically anyone can track you if you had one) look good. Those I believe are the mark of the beast, and since Fox News tries to get people to get them, Fox may be satanic.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   
i think its amazing how polarized your news is over there. fox is obviously republicans, and msnbc is democrats. if you watch either solely, you are watching nothing but propaganda.

it is amazing how these news outlets do this, but in a world where the weathiest people buy up news and media, it is the only way i suppose the news would go.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I'm German and have a german webbrowser.

I've got a (german) newsticker on it. A couple of days ago I installed 5 other newstickers (CNN, Reuters,Yahoo, NPr, and Sydney). All world newstickers.

Did anyone find out that Gates said the USA has to be prepared for war against Russia?

I got that from my german newsticker, I had to read through half of the Internet to find out what he really said.

A small example:
BSE? It was a big important matter in Germany last year. A couple of months later, after everything had died down, I stumbled over a farmer newssite. BSE had'nd died down, there were more cases than ever, but the big news companies weren't interested, they had more important laws to make... *ahem* (Did I say something?)

The problem with all media companies, is that they have to filter out the most uninteresting stuff, to make people want to watch them:

- they have to sort out the stories that don't sell
- they use their power to manipulate (as seen in Fahrenheit 911, if I'm allowed to quote that in an american Forum) ;o)
BUT they have to look as though they are objectiv

For the news companies it is a difficult and interesting job.
And for the unbiased seeker for truth, it is very diffcult...

And if I heard right than Fox news is under the influence of the the same secret society that controls the US-government etc. ... ... ... ...

greet,
Sammy

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Who runs fox news?

Watch this and find out Fox is a joke

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I agree. Everything about Fox News is a joke. Their newscasters, editorials, programming in general...They are so pathetic.

Just a personal opinion though.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I find it interesting the ABC, NBC, CBS. CNN etc can be liberal and it is OK but FOX is conservative and it is bad.

Seems like a double standard. 5 liberal news outlets and 1 conservative..and the conservative one gets all the heat ?
Liberals only want diversity when it applies to them.

[edit on 13-2-2007 by RWPBR]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join