It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli and Lebanese troops fire at one another.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Wednesday, Israeli troops crossed over the "Blue Line," set up by the U.N. to separate the two forces, onto Lebanese territory, causing the Lebanese forces to take action and retaliate with firepower. Israel claims it crossed the border to look for bombs made by Hezbollah, and later used tanks and light firepower to return the attack back at the Lebanese forces.

news.yahoo.com
BEIRUT, Lebanon - Lebanese troops deployed along the border with Israel opened fire late Wednesday as Israeli troops searched for Hezbollah bombs, drawing retaliatory fire, officials from both sides said.

It was the first time that shooting erupted across the border since shortly after an Aug. 14 cease-fire that ended a 34-day war between Israeli forces and the Lebanese Hezbollah militants.

Lebanese troops opened fire on a bulldozer after it crossed the so-called Blue Line — the U.N.-demarcated boundary — and entered about 20 yards into Lebanon, Lebanese officials said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Israel just doesn't know when to quit. If this continues, not only will they have a war with Hezbollah, but with the Lebanese government as well. The "Blue Line" was created by the UN to show what boundaries the two forces cannot cross, and yet Israel ignored this boundary and illegally crossed without regard to why it was set up. It's almost as if Israel is trying to start another war.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
To avoid this, they should have at least conferred with the Lebanese forces beforehand. Seems for the sake of a phone call they have risked an awful lot more.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
They could have also asked the Lebanese government to find the bombs for them, instead of going into an area that is being watched by armed guards. Did the Israeli government honestly believe that they could cross into the Lebanese border without repercussions?

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
This is what I don't get, Israel refuses to give up the landmine plans from years ago, Israel refuses to go in and clean-up the mess of cluster bombs they left after the summer war, but yet these 4 bombs that are not even on the Israeli side that were placed there prior to the Summer war are such a big problem that they must cross the border to diffuse them.

Israel slaughters any man, woman or child that even dares go near their apartheid wall, not even having to cross it and that is on Palestinian soil, yet here it is they cross the border , have Lebanese army fire light weapons at tanks and they respond back with heavy artillery. Well now you can understand why I do not feel badly when Palestinians retaliate in kind when IDF kill Palestinians on their own soil. They are just responding just like the IDF do in self-defense. They believe they are above the law. I won't feel badly if something happens either way.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   
No, no, you got it all wrong, we were sending the bulldozer to help with reconstruction. It was supposed to be a surprise.

Ahhh well, lets just hope we can all move on after this ya know, and like respect the border and whatnot.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 12:31 AM
link   
This move makes me wonder if the IDF is probing defenses in preparation for a full scale attack. The "digging up bombs on the LAF's side of the border" excuse sounds too hokey to me.

Israel's Peretz: Syria Is Letting Hezbollah Rearm New York Sun

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Seriously who opens fire on a bulldozer. I mean these guy might still be feeling a little shell shock from last summer but last time i checked they weren't arming bulldozers. This to me just sounds rediculous. There are many more way to nuetralize this situation then open fire.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nathabeanz
Seriously who opens fire on a bulldozer. I mean these guy might still be feeling a little shell shock from last summer but last time i checked they weren't arming bulldozers. This to me just sounds rediculous. There are many more way to nuetralize this situation then open fire.

It was an Israeli Army Bulldozer accompanied by troops. What else do you expect the Lebanese to do if foreign forces cross the border? Ask them politley not to invade? That is technically what this was.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   
The lebaneese troops fired at a bulldozer.

I swear.. the worlds gone mad. Was the bulldozer going to harm the men who fired upon it? Nahh .. don't think so. But.. hey its still gotta be the joos fault though.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

I swear.. the worlds gone mad. Was the bulldozer going to harm the men who fired upon it? Nahh .. don't think so. But.. hey its still gotta be the joos fault though.

So you;d be happy for Mexican Army bulldozers with armed men crossing the US border?

After all, it's only a bulldozer.....

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 12:51 AM
link   
If they where looking for bombs that they knew where there? No problem with that! I would be pleased if the Mexican army would help prevent crime and possible terrorist activity along the border instead of aiding it.

By the way. 20 yards.
Full scale invasion there huh?

[edit on 2/8/2007 by Rockpuck]

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Seriously who opens fire on a bulldozer.

Well maybe you didn't heard of the news this summer when Israël went in Lebanon with a few bulldozers to level the lebanese's cultures and trees.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   

If they where looking for bombs that they knew where there? No problem with that! I would be pleased if the Mexican army would help prevent crime and possible terrorist activity along the border instead of aiding it.

Yeah, right. I don't believe that for a moment...

By the way. 20 yards.

Got to start somewhere... It is still foreign forces tresspassing into your territory.

Oh, as for the "it's the joo's fault".. has anyone here even mentioned the word Jew? Apart from you, of course. Typical defence used to counteract anyone criticising Israel.....

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Maybe they were leveling the grownd with the buldozer for new israely setlements

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   

You live in America don't you? It's easy for you to laugh at it being that you were not in relative proximity of this war. This is not a little shell shocked people, this is a people that had most of their infrastructure destroyed at the whim of a country who could fine utterly no rational and diplomatic way to have returned two of their soldiers and were yearning for any casus belli.

Luxifero

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nathabeanz
I mean these guy might still be feeling a little shell shock from last summer but last time i checked they weren't arming bulldozers.

Have you seen Israeli bulldozers? They're not your average bulldozer you can rent from the local hardware shop. These things are armor plated and highly dangerous:

[edit on 8-2-2007 by DJMessiah]

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Israel needs to learn that they can not just do whatever they please.

You are really that concerned with the bombs? Then contact the Lebanese government, express your concern and work something out. Maybe the Lebanese could dispose of the shells and maybe they would have given you permission to do it yourself while being observed.

They crossed a line which was set by the U.N. and agreed upon by both sides. There is no arguing that them crossing the line without notification or permission was the improper course of action. Bulldozers or not...a military presense crossed an agreed upon 'do not cross' line.

It is time for Israel to stop acting like a spoiled brat.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Don't forget, it was an Israeli bulldozer that killed Rachel Corey.

Israeli Bulldozer Driver Murders
American Peace Activist - Rachel Corey

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Yeah, right. I don't believe that for a moment...

By the way. 20 yards.

Got to start somewhere... It is still foreign forces tresspassing into your territory.

Oh, as for the "it's the joo's fault".. has anyone here even mentioned the word Jew? Apart from you, of course. Typical defence used to counteract anyone criticising Israel.....

Every one on ATS knows, except those who are guilty, fear "joos" more then any other group aside Masons. Your racist bigotry is all over the boards. Israel is the bad guy because they are Jewish.. had a frikin bulldozer or hell maybe a damn tricycle passed the Israeli border and was blown up or shot at or even waved down, it would have been Joos comiting war crimes in coilation with the NWO and World Elites and various Satanic forces!!
But Lebaneese can shoot, breaking the cease fire. Perhaps if they could control their people from creating bombs to kill civilians we wouldnt have this problem! .... but that the joos fault as well huh stu?
Also, I do not care about that traitor Rachel Corey. If you don't want to get run over by a damn bulldozer .. DONT STAND IN THE WAY! its suicide in my book. Killed by a bulldozer..
What a moron.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Israel is the bad guy because they are Jewish..

No, in this case Israel is the bad guy because they did not follow the 'rules' which both sides agreed upon and the international community established.

But Lebaneese can shoot, breaking the cease fire. Perhaps if they could control their people from creating bombs to kill civilians we wouldnt have this problem! ....

Your right. Just like the United States can control every citizen within their country who makes a bomb. Just like the UK can control every citizen within their borders who make bombs. Just like Israel can control every citizen...Spain...Germany...France...Australia...

Oh wait...citizens act out and make bombs (sometimes using them) in most every country and not just Labanon.

but that the joos fault as well huh stu?

Well, I would say that, no, it is not the 'joos' fault but rather the state of Israel breaking internationally established borders and regulations.

It could have been the same situation with any other set of governing powers. The one that 'broke the rules' would and should be held responsible. Not to mention the fact that it was a military force which was crossing the line...not some kid who got lost walking one day.

Also, I do not care about that traitor Rachel Corey. If you don't want to get run over by a damn bulldozer .. DONT STAND IN THE WAY! its suicide in my book. Killed by a bulldozer..
What a moron.

Just wow. I don't even think anything needs to be said in response to this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join