It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Frontrunner for French Presidency Wants more Mohammed Cartoons

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
What's this? And from the French? A published Reuters article says that the leading candidate in France says he'd rather see more mohammed cartoons, than less.

Reuters article


PARIS (Reuters) - A French paper accused of insulting Muslims by printing cartoons of the Prophet Mohammad surprised a court hearing on Wednesday with a letter of support from presidential candidate Nicolas Sarkozy.

"I prefer an excess of caricatures to an absence of caricatures," Sarkozy, the conservative interior minister who helped launch the French Muslim Council, wrote in a letter read out by a lawyer for the satirical weekly Charlie Hebdo.

The letter from the presidential frontrunner, whose ministry is also responsible for religious affairs, drew an angry response from one of three Muslim groups suing the weekly.


Right. I'll bet the peace-loving muslims will be rioting by the weekend over this. Contrast that - if it happens - to the Christian (non) reaction to the muslim school books story.

I know, I know, there is no comparison ...

[edit on 2/7/2007 by centurion1211]




posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Nice to see a European that values free speech and freedom of the press (reference laws against speaking ones opinions). It is especially wonderful that the person is French, and unwilling to surrender to terrorists that want to destroy speech and actions they disagree with, especially when it shows the truth. Hope he wins.



posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Nicolas Sarkozy... I know that piece of garbage. This guy is a pro-globalisation, anti-muslims (every muslim), fascist, strong supporter of Israël, the eviceration of palestinians and strong supporter of the war on terror.

This guy is the new Vichy regime. A fascist regime during WW2. If this guy is elected, there will be major riots all over France by immigrants and common frenchs, this piece of /*/*+ is hated by 50% of the frenchs.

The next election will elect a fascist for sure. Sarkozy VS Royale VS LePen... Not gonna be good in 2007 in France.



posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I don't know much about french politics. So, with all the 'baggage' you say he has, how is he considered the "front-runner"? If muslims are poised to take over france in a decade or two, how can this guy even be considered a major candidate?



posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
If muslims are poised to take over france in a decade or two


where on earth did you get that information from? And what exactly is a muslim take over, having a muslim in power? Considering most european countries do not mix religion & politics it would be irrelevant if they had a muslim in power, if it was a french citizen why would it be any different than an atheist in power?

oh yeah i forgot, muslims want to rule the world & infect everyone with terrorism


deny ignorance indeed

[edit on 8-2-2007 by Frakkerface]



posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
You say "deny ingnorance"?


Well, then deny this:

muslim takeover in europe


review of While Europe Slept: How Radical Islam is Destroying the West From Within by Bruce Bawer; published February of 2006; 237 pages; $23.95]

This stunner of a book about Continental Islam has two main themes. The first is that Europe has a horrific Muslim immigration and reproduction problem. European Muslims are expanding their numbers almost exponentially, and they are not being assimilated or integrated into European culture. This radically new and explosive demographic, according to the author, is not being converted to Western liberalism or adopting Western life—styles.

While Europe Slept argues that while Europe is currently only about ten percent Islamic —— vs. two percent for America —— if present trends continue it will only take a generation or two for Muslims to become the majority.


You got anything to deny any of the points made here? Percentages, birthrates, anything? Then don't presume to lecture anyone about denying ignorance. You know how to use Google? Try it out? And while you're doing that, also try Googling "french military victories". The response will, no doubt, surprise you.



[edit on 2/8/2007 by centurion1211]



posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
why is muslim immigration a "problem"? There's also a lot of polish immigrants here but i dont see many books posing the 'polish problem'.

Why are they migrating in the first place? Could it be that western countries bombed the crap out of big muslim countries & caused instability throughout the region.

Muslim immigrants. You (and that review) talk like muslim is a race. It is a religion, i know white & black muslims. What about the hindu immigrants, or perhaps the immigrants that dont believe in any one religion, are they not a problem? Are african immigrants not a problem? Smells like Bush esque racial fearmongering to me.

To link high 'muslim immigration' to a muslim 'take over' is ridiculous. Have a look at stats & im think you'll find that the number of 'muslim immigrants' (im assuming you are talking about middle eastern people rather than anyone of any nationality who happens to be a muslim) is directly related to the wars being waged on the middle east.



posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frakkerface
why is muslim immigration a "problem"? There's also a lot of polish immigrants here but i dont see many books posing the 'polish problem'.


Simple. Polish people try to assimilate and also share some common values, such as religion, in the first place. Muslims don't - on either count. Muslim immigration is not a joining of cultures, it's a replacement of cultures.


Have a look at stats & im think you'll find that the number of 'muslim immigrants' (im assuming you are talking about middle eastern people rather than anyone of any nationality who happens to be a muslim) is directly related to the wars being waged on the middle east.


OK, but what "stats"? You haven't provided anything to this discussion except your opinion (based on????) that you don't agree.



posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Simple. Polish people try to assimilate and also share some common values, such as religion, in the first place. Muslims don't - on either count. Muslim immigration is not a joining of cultures, it's a replacement of cultures.


have you been to europe? a large proportion of europeans do not follow religion, there's certainly no sharing of it happening. Have you ever talked to a british muslim? They are generally more than willing to discuss their religion and they do infact share common values of the the christian believers - do not kill, steal, take drugs, cheat on your partner, recognise jesus as a holy figure....



posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

OK, but what "stats"? You haven't provided anything to this discussion except your opinion (based on????) that you don't agree.


i wouldnt call posting a review of a book thats racially, religious and culturally prejudiced as much in the way of factual information.



posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frakkerface

Originally posted by centurion1211

OK, but what "stats"? You haven't provided anything to this discussion except your opinion (based on????) that you don't agree.


i wouldnt call posting a review of a book thats racially, religious and culturally prejudiced as much in the way of factual information.


Still, just your opinion - which is worth ...

What I posted is 100% more information than you've posted to back up your opinions. I just picked one source, there are many more in agreement.

So, now your "facts" showing the information is wrong???



posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
ok guy, here you go.

uk.sitestat.com...://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/rds/pdfs06/hosb1406.pdf%5D
page 3 & 11. You will see that approximately 2/3 of all applications came from africa & asia.

www.statistics.gov.uk...
here you can see that immigration figures have actually been falling in recent years.

uk.sitestat.com...://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/rds/pdfs06/hosb0906.pdf%5D
figure 4, page 5. You can see countries of origin that citizenship was given to

Now please show me evidence that muslim immigration is increasing (despite the fact that immigration is not catalogued by religion)...oh and something better than a newspaper clipping please

[edit on 8-2-2007 by Frakkerface]



posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frakkerface
ok guy, here you go.

uk.sitestat.com...://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/rds/pdfs06/hosb1406.pdf%5D
page 3 & 11. You will see that approximately 2/3 of all applications came from africa & asia.


These are stats for the U.K., not France, as we were discussing. Plus, aren't Asia and Africa where most muslims come from?


www.statistics.gov.uk...
here you can see that immigration figures have actually been falling in recent years.


Again stats from the U.K. and not France.


uk.sitestat.com...://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/rds/pdfs06/hosb0906.pdf%5D
figure 4, page 5. You can see countries of origin that citizenship was given to


Where are the French stats?


Now please show me evidence that muslim immigration is increasing (despite the fact that immigration is not catalogued by religion)...oh and something better than a newspaper clipping please

[edit on 8-2-2007 by Frakkerface]


How tedious. We get all the way to the end of the post only to find out that none of the quoted statistics have anything to do with religious origin. Never mind that they're also for the wrong country.



posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Nicolas Sarkozy... I know that piece of garbage. This guy is a pro-globalisation, anti-muslims (every muslim), fascist, strong supporter of Israël, the eviceration of palestinians and strong supporter of the war on terror.

This guy is the new Vichy regime. A fascist regime during WW2. If this guy is elected, there will be major riots all over France by immigrants and common frenchs, this piece of /*/*+ is hated by 50% of the frenchs.

The next election will elect a fascist for sure. Sarkozy VS Royale VS LePen... Not gonna be good in 2007 in France.

In other words, he is not a socialist, right Vitchilo?


I applaud this man for his ability to see the power of freedom of speech, and for his refusal to bow down to those who would suppress and destroy it.

Vive Sarkosy!



posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
You say "deny ingnorance"?


Well, then deny this:

muslim takeover in europe


review of While Europe Slept: How Radical Islam is Destroying the West From Within by Bruce Bawer; published February of 2006; 237 pages; $23.95]

This stunner of a book about Continental Islam has two main themes. The first is that Europe has a horrific Muslim immigration and reproduction problem. European Muslims are expanding their numbers almost exponentially, and they are not being assimilated or integrated into European culture. This radically new and explosive demographic, according to the author, is not being converted to Western liberalism or adopting Western life—styles.

While Europe Slept argues that while Europe is currently only about ten percent Islamic —— vs. two percent for America —— if present trends continue it will only take a generation or two for Muslims to become the majority.


[edit on 2/8/2007 by centurion1211]


you asked me to deny your europe quote and i did, the uk is in europe.
im gone



posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
And we were specifically discussing the French situation.

See ya!!!!!!



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join