It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confirmed Military and Other Flares Footage

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
What is a Military Flare? Can you find really good flare footage?

We are building a flare footage thread here for comparison only, if you would like to comment go ahead but it's really for reference video/picture footage only.

If we can build this thread accordingly ATS may add it to the permanent archive, so choose well.

It appears we can not agree on UFO's, but we sure can agree or confirm what a military flare looks like if we know the source of footage.

So much arguing all the time about flares, UFO's and what the differences are. I thought a thread that we can all point to, refer back to and add to, as time goes on will help clarify what Flares really look like.

I know this will help both the Skeptic's and True UFO believers prove their points.

Link 1

Link 2

[edit on 7-2-2007 by Realtruth]

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Military Flares... jesus how gullable people are sometimes...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please read this thread about 1-liners

[edit on 7/2/07 by masqua]

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
The skeptics are going to love this one, but I had to post it because we need a wide range of flare footage for reference.

Let's try to keep this thread clean of comments please. Only video footage with comments. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Night footage of a military plane dropping flares at night. Does this look like any light's or UFO's footage we have seen? Don't answer on this thread just think to yourself. Thanks.

Google Video Link

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
This is footage of a military helicopter by day doing some manuvers then releasing flares in every direction. Take note of the footage by day what the craft looks like and the flares also.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I haven't been able to find any footage of parachute-retarded flares online. These are the flares that are possibly responsible for some sightings, NOT the anti-infrared missile flares that you have posted footage of. Not to mention the model plane with what looked like standard roadside emergency flares, not military flares.

The next time I see parachute flares above the local bombing range I'll shoot some footage for comparison.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Not all the footage we get will be military flares. I am just trying to lay some basic ground work, but I know exactly what you are talking about we have a family farm near in Michigan near Selfridge. I have seen the Parachute-retarded flares you speak off. I will also see if I can get some footage.

Originally posted by eaglewingz
I haven't been able to find any footage of parachute-retarded flares online. These are the flares that are possibly responsible for some sightings, NOT the anti-infrared missile flares that you have posted footage of. Not to mention the model plane with what looked like standard roadside emergency flares, not military flares.

The next time I see parachute flares above the local bombing range I'll shoot some footage for comparison.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
The lights that come out in bursts from choppers and airplanes are NOT FLARES, they are shafts- heatseeker missile countermeasures.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Thanks for the input please post only videos or picture related links in this thread with any comments.

M211 and M212 Aircraft Countermeasure Flares and supplement the M206 Aircraft Countermeasure Flare currently utilized by Army Aircraft.

www.globalsecurity.org...

Originally posted by Unplugged
The lights that come out in bursts from choppers and airplanes are NOT FLARES, they are shafts- heatseeker missile countermeasures.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
Thanks for the input please post only videos or picture related links in this thread with any comments.

M211 and M212 Aircraft Countermeasure Flares and supplement the M206 Aircraft Countermeasure Flare currently utilized by Army Aircraft.

www.globalsecurity.org...

Originally posted by Unplugged

Sorry man, but I do not believe you are the decider of all things on ATS. If people want to comment, they have that right.

Now saying that, I do not give into the government's explanation of these recent light sightings as flares.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   
You are correct but I did have a talk with one of the owners of ATS and he told me if the thread builds itself with flare info, they may post it in the Archives for reference.

So with that. I asked people to post about Flares so everyone here could use the footage to compare UFO's against Military Craft Flares.

This is only a reference thread that is to be built up by people find any flare footage, not really a discussion thread. The problems have been going on and on about the Flare/UFO confusions.

You only prove my point why we need more information on just "FLARES".

There is really nothing to comment on since no one is making any claims, and it is just suppose to be info, but I do invite you to post any footage on flares so we can really compare and prove the UFO's exist and they are not Flares.

Thanks, RT

Originally posted by Mindzi

Sorry man, but I do not believe you are the decider of all things on ATS. If people want to comment, they have that right.

Now saying that, I do not give into the government's explanation of these recent light sightings as flares.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Here is some info on Delayed Parachute Flares that we can all disseminate the info and compare to so called military flare sightings as opposed to UFO's. This will give us time frame on delayed flares and how long they stay up suspended in the air.

Picture of an actual flare and more info at link.

I wonder who makes these flares for the military, maybe they have a website and footage?

www.fas.org...

Air-deployed LUU-2 high-intensity illumination flare are used to illuminate targets. The LUU-2B Flare has a light output rating of 1.8 x 10(6) candlepower and at 1,000 feet altitude illuminates a circle on the ground of 500 meters at 5 lux. The LUU-2 is housed in a pod or canister and is deployed by ejection. The mechanism has a timer on it that deploys the parachute and ignites the flare candle. The flare candle burns magnesium which burns at high temperature emitting an intense bright white light. The consumption of the aluminum cylinder that contains the flare "candle" may add some orange to the light. The LUU-2 flare enhances a pilot's ability to see targets while using Night Vision Goggles. With the introduction of A-10 Warthog Night Vision capability, such flares are not used as frequently as in the past as they provide too much light for the very sensitive goggles. Flares burn at uneven rates and therefore fluctuate in brightness.

The LUU-2 has a burn time of approximately 5 minutes while suspended from a parachute. The pyrotechnic candle consumes the flare housing, reducing flare weight which in turn slows the rate of fall during the last 2 minutes of burn time. At candle burnout an explosive bolt is fired, releasing one parachute support cable which causes the parachute to collapse. While unburned flares falling from high altitude could be dangerous, burned flares are much less dangerous since they are designed to burn up during the fall (even the aluminum casing is burned).

The LUU-2B/B flare is the latest in a series of illuminating flares introduced by Thiokol for nighttime target illumination and rescue missions. Designated as a multi service flare by United States military forces, the LUU-2B/B incorporates improvements and modifications that further enhance its performance and reliability. The LUU-2B/B has been selected by over 30 foreign countries for aircraft-deployed illumination.

The LUU-2B/B flare is compatible with all standard flare launching systems used on helicopter, cargo, and fighter aircraft. It can be deployed from LAU-74 cargo aircraft launchers, aircraft wing-mounted racks, and the SUU-25, 42, and 44 series launchers. It can also be hand launched from aircraft. Developed to meet stringent U.S. military requirements for operational safety and reliability, the LUU-2B/B uses advanced design and materials concepts derived from aerospace technology. The LUU-2B/B is accepted by the Navy for use on carrier-based aircraft.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I have just found the company that manufactuers Military flares/countermeasures. This company probably has some demo video's, but I couldn't find them online.

www.kilgoreflares.com...

Advanced Countermeasures Technology Department

The Advanced Countermeasures Technology (ACT) Department, known within Kilgore as “Technology” or “R&D”, explores new and innovative ideas in countermeasure, energetic / ordnance item development and applied research. ACT staff members are highly experienced and knowledgeable in the expendable countermeasures and energetic items arena and continuously improve Kilgore's products and processes.

The responsibilities of ACT include:

Research and feasibility studies

Product development in the areas of:

# Aircraft Countermeasures
# Land Vehicle Countermeasures
# Naval Shipboard Countermeasures
# Pyrotechnics
# Ordnance
# Small Arms Ammunition

Composition development
Responsibility as Kilgore’s design authority, including preparation of drawings and specifications

[edit on 8-2-2007 by Realtruth]

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Here is a comparison between flares and the Phoenix lights. The difference between flares and the ufos should be obvious.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Skyway I am going to have to agree with you, but many people on this site, the news, and military will claim flares, this thread is extremelly important as a point of reference. Thanks for the excellent photo and more power added for debunking the debunkers.

Originally posted by SkyWay
Here is a comparison between flares and the Phoenix lights. The difference between flares and the ufos should be obvious.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Skyway I am going to have to agree with you, but many people on this site, the news, and military will claim flares, this thread is extremelly important as a point of reference. Thanks for the excellent photo and more power added for debunking the debunkers.

Glad to help. The claim that ufos are flares is almost as ridiculous as the old coverup that ufos were swamp gas. Some people will believe anything the military tells them because they blindly trust authority figures.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
If you can get your hands on a Phoenix Lights doc made by the Travel Channel (part of the Discovery Channel's stations) last Feb., you'll see video footage of flares that exactly mimics the video footage of the Phoenix Lights 10pm event. In addition, that special has some EXCELLENT video analysis...

Note that the burn time of the LUU-2B is around 5 minutes... None of the lights in the Phoenix Lights vids exceeds or even closely approaches this, and the lights do fall, and disappear behind the mountain range...just as they would if they were falling flares.

This isn't debunking, it's simply evidence and a conclusion that fits the facts... Jury is still out on the 8pm event of that same night...also witnessed by many, and NOT flares...but the 10pm event that was videotaped by a few people...is certainly supported by the flare analysis.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   

What is a Military Flare? Can you find really good flare footage?

We are building a flare footage thread here for comparison only, if you would like to comment go ahead but it's really for reference video/picture footage only.

I found some videos with actual daytime air combat manuvers with flares
from 1:34 on

here is a A-10 launching some flares or countermeasures from 1:04 on

and here is a F-16 going straight up launching some flares or countermeasures

and I found this sortof off topic but it is flares launched from the ground floating upward check it out

I can not believe these flares are the same ones on the phoenix lights but they are cool to compare anyway

ps I hope these videos work its my 1st time posting videos
megaslayer

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Megaslayer,

Nice addition thank you. And you did an excellent job posting the videos. The more of this type of footage we accumulate on this thread, the better angles we'll have to look at every flare/UFO claim that is made on ATS.

Again thanks for the footage.

RT

[edit on 8-2-2007 by Realtruth]

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 01:22 AM
link   
What I've been noticing with videos of flares being dropped in a night time setting is that you can see a smoky contrail as the flares are burning, plus they seem to drop at a different rate of speed even though they were released at the same time. This is uncharacteristic of the Phoenix lights phenomenon.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join