It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Princeton Eggs + Number 23 + Ramsey Theory= x

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
i know there is that new movie coming out called the number 23 and i started thinking about. First of all forget about the number 23, i want to expand on this alittle. I have read stories about people taking random pieces of text from the bible and right before major historical events it will spell out coherent sentences. I have also heard a story on coast to coast about these computer "eggs" which are computers placed around the world that randomally makeup numbers, they say before a major event occurs the computers somehow stop making random numbers and a PATTERN of numbers emerges across ALL the computers (or eggs). This movie 23 i assume shows the coincidence how all both personal and external major events in the main characters life can be foreshadowed by understanding their relationship to the number 23 (through various forms of math on everyday numerical anomolies). Hell even EVP recording seem to take random background white noise and form coherent voices and sentences from the random noise. To expand on all of these seemingly seperate bizarre coincidences one could conclude that perhaps there is a organizational pattern inherient within all choas? That if you were to being to try to organize ANY CHOAS perhaps you could unlock secrets to life its (like hacking into the software of a computer and seeing how the program really operates). Even i believe its called IT which involves placing a camera in front of a tv which is displaying the cameras image (of the tv) in a infinate loop produces faces, bodies, and even animals from potentially some alternate dimension. My question to you is what is this field i'm describing called? and is it just plain madness in its purest form? Obsessive complusiveness gone wrong? Or can we just take these exmaples, develop an experiement right here on ATS of trying to find organization out of choas and put this theory to the test? Sometimes i really think there is something much larger to this, and i think it evolves on an almost personal basis and does NOT work for everyone trying to reproduce the work of the originator...

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...:US_%2420_WTC_front.jpg

[edit on 7-2-2007 by hiii_98]

mod edit, title changed per author's request

[edit on 8-2-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
i'm not good at programming but just to brainstorm new techniques i'll get the ball rolling by suggesting a random word generator that does not necessarily create real words, but puts letter combinations together to form potential words. Then another program analyizes the results and only saves the chaotic mess of letters that form a word, this is done hundereds if not thousands of times until a sentence is formed. If a sentence is formed then it is ran against a proper format program to see if it even it is formatted correctly to make a true sentence. If so the sentence is saved and so on... I'm sure there has to be a (lol) exponentially countless number of ways one could find order in choas. It could be somehow counting the cracks on the street ect... I'm curious to hear some feedback on this topic!

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   
There's a lengthy, on-going discussion on the number 23.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

There's been recent posts.
Perhaps your topic would be better served as a part of this earlier work?

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I was thinking about your random word generator and about having organization out of chaos.

I imagined a random number generator. Let's say a random number generator is going to generate numbers between 1 and 100.

Let's say it is going to generate a random number 1000 times. The average would be around 45 to 55 - a predictable outcome from a random number generator - order from chaos?

If you repeated this experiment 100 times and plotted all 100 averages on a bar graph the result would be a bell curve - a predictable shape (complete organization) from a random series of numbers.

This has actually been done many times and you may already be aware of it. I just thought I'd bring it up just in case you were unfamiliar with it. It has led many to believe that chaos does certainly produce organization.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 12:27 AM
link   

I just thought I'd bring it up just in case you were unfamiliar with it. It has led many to believe that chaos does certainly produce organization.

Wow i thought i might be right about that, it really makes perfect sense to me, however i could never articulate it properly.

Any other random exercieses to try? I'd really like to test this out. Might take weeks to show a result though

I tried the wingdings font on all caps and typed out some important 1 letter words or names and got some intresting results. But the real results need to be on a random generator that is operating at all hours and only for whatever reason seems to work right before a major event occurs (like the bible code) and the (MIT "eggs")

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 12:31 AM
link   
www.redorbit.com...

a link regarding the computer "EGGS"

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   
What about Dr. Peppers new ads pointing out that there are 23 ingrediants in Dr. Pepper.
www.drpepper.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 01:55 AM
link   
For about ten years or so, the number 23 has had a special meaning for me.

But unfortunately I am not sharing exactly what that is.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
are you guys even bothering to read the post? if you had you would quickly realize 23 means absolutely nothing. You could take the number 17 and begin to find through your own paranoia that 17 relates to everything in your life. The number 23 is worthless my point being that of deriving order out of chaos or randomness. Maybe i'll retitle the thread now as even mods are having a hard time getting past a simple movie reference.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   

JORDAN!!!!

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by hiii_98
are you guys even bothering to read the post? if you had you would quickly realize 23 means absolutely nothing.

Perception is in the eye of the beholder.

For me 23 is a special number with special meaning.

Even now when I see the number 23, I get a warm and fuzzy feeling while recollecting days gone by.

But then again, I don't relate the number 23 to anything remotely paranormal or highly coincidental.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I am a programmer and the problem with random numbers on systems is that if you have two fresh brand new computers and they start randomly generating numbers, their numbers will be identical, since programming is systematic and intentional. The only way we could ever have a random number generator is to have a computer that functions like our brains. Otherwise you will have very, organized results. You may have a better theory, but you cannot entirely prove this theory until we have a cpu that has real random numbers.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by fiveangelsfrank
What about Dr. Peppers new ads pointing out that there are 23 ingrediants in Dr. Pepper.
www.drpepper.com...

That's the first thing I thought

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
can you guys get past the number 23 and look at the larger issue i have laid out?

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
24? You're right Hiii, 24 is the biggest number.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   

24? You're right Hiii, 24 is the biggest number.

durrr dur durrr. we in high school again? Maybe 23 is the number of brain cells you have left? Your recent IQ score? Sorry just go watch the movie this topic is far to complex for you.

en.wikipedia.org...

Apophenia is the experience of seeing patterns or connections in random or meaningless data

en.wikipedia.org...

Ramsey theory, named for Frank P. Ramsey, is a branch of mathematics that studies the conditions under which order must appear.

The machine apparently sensed the September 11 attacks on the World Trade Centre four hours before they happened - but in the fevered mood of conspiracy theories of the time, the claims were swiftly knocked back by sceptics. But last December, it also appeared to forewarn of the Asian tsunami just before the deep sea earthquake that precipitated the epic tragedy.

discussing the random number generator of the EGG computers..

more about the Princeton Eggs
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 8-2-2007 by hiii_98]

[edit on 8-2-2007 by hiii_98]

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

THE PHENOMENEA DESCRIBED...Even i believe its called IT which involves placing a camera in front of a tv which is displaying the cameras image (of the tv) in a infinate loop produces faces, bodies, and even animals from potentially some alternate dimension. My question to you is what is this field i'm describing called? and is it just plain madness in its purest form? Obsessive complusiveness gone wrong? Or can we just take these exmaples, develop an experiement right here on ATS of trying to find organization out of choas and put this theory to the test?
i SUBMIT (HAVING DONE THIS EXPERIMENT AND OBSERVING SPONTAINEOUS CREATION OF BAMBOO ) JUST A CAMERA AT A TV WITH AN ANGLE OF ROTATION AND FOCUS DEPTH ADJUSTED can engender a self reflexive strange loop at resonance and a self organizing virtual life form then evoles in the energy space provided
these oddities have names thanks to both Doug Hofstadter (I am a Strange Loop ; Godel Escher Bach ) and Eric Jantsch (Self organizing universe) pictures and diagrams included......
Sperry Redux while not an exciting term, will do for now

top topics

join