It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

jamaican music

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Recently i went to a party, and one of my friends was playing some jamaican music in his room, i though it was really cool and just made you happy. Unfortunetly i didnt get the name or artist of the song so does anyone know any good jamaican songs in general?

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Google Bob Marley. Then proceed to look into other reggae from there.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Reagae you mean? I love it, though its not my fav genre of music. From Bob Marley, to the Reagae-Rock of the Police, to the Easy-Star All-Stars they all make great music. My fav though is Matisyahu, cool music. You should check it out if you like Bob, its not on the same level but good.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ludaChris
Reagae you mean? I love it, though its not my fav genre of music. From Bob Marley, to the Reagae-Rock of the Police, to the Easy-Star All-Stars they all make great music. My fav though is Matisyahu, cool music. You should check it out if you like Bob, its not on the same level but good.

Matisyahu is interesting (he's from Pennsylvania), but he's not Jamaican. He's got some great tracks though, and his style is great. You'd think he was from the islands.

As for other reggae artists:

tribal seeds
barrington levy
burning spear
black uhuru
midnight
scientist
lee scratch perry

All these have awesome tunes.

You should check out some jamaican ska, too. desmond dekker is a good one to start with.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia
You should check out some jamaican ska, too. desmond dekker is a good one to start with.

I'll check it out, I've never really listened to ska, but I've heard good things. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
yea i have listen to Matisyahu i like some of his songs, but i never new he was reagea i that he was just rap and love baby...lol but yea i think bob marley was what i was looking for thanks...any other ones and maybe even hit songs would be nice...

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATSGUY
yea i have listen to Matisyahu i like some of his songs, but i never new he was reagea i that he was just rap and love baby...lol but yea i think bob marley was what i was looking for thanks...any other ones and maybe even hit songs would be nice...

Well, if you like Pink Floyd, then I would recommend Easy-Star Allstars. They cover Floyd songs in reagae format. Pretty good stuff.

top topics

join