It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does it mean to lead a spiritual life?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2002 @ 10:12 AM
link   
The spiritual life of any person is the path that a person chooses to follow in response to the God within.

what is your response?

kim

posted on Nov, 18 2002 @ 10:21 AM
link   
it depends what you mean by god because one person may believe in something inside themselves but not call it god, while another person might do. i dont like to confine the word spirit to god. its a lot more than that.

posted on Nov, 18 2002 @ 10:23 AM
link   
So you're saying that Buddhists cannot be spiritual, then (since they believe in a "path" and not a supreme deity?)

Perhaps you'd find it enlightening to talk to some Buddhist monks, then.

posted on Nov, 18 2002 @ 10:25 AM
link   
SPIRIT-ual life: drinking nothing but cognac and single-malt!
You should try it: a proven anti-drivellant.

posted on Nov, 18 2002 @ 10:28 AM
link   
..... try defining "spirit" - so we know what in the name of all the saints "spiritual" might mean, and if you have any strength left try "life" since a billion people or more believe we have more than one -and the rest don't.
...sigh..Om mana padme hum...sigh...aaarrgh...

posted on Nov, 18 2002 @ 10:39 AM
link   
..what is this Latin nonsense -which in any case would be far better as intellEgunt?
- as ever the Estragon ' I may not know any living languages any longer; but try me on the dead ones' challenge still stands -
"They condemn what they do not understand"??
You must be cursing all day.

kim

posted on Nov, 18 2002 @ 10:55 AM
link   
estragon, hey i didnt make up the language

yes, every day.
Byrd didnt say who he was referring to.if me, then yes i do find buddists spiritual, this is what i mean when i say that they dont call it god. they have a path, like you said. i dont believe in what people call god but my own ideas. i still find myself spiritual, though i dont worship a deity.
define spirit? thats like being asked to define a feeling- you could go on forever.

posted on Nov, 18 2002 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Nuff said

posted on Nov, 18 2002 @ 03:00 PM
link   
estragon

why do you challenge those who want to believe in God being part of our spiritual just because you have never had a spiritual beginning. Love those who's ignorance is shadowing their own growth.

posted on Nov, 18 2002 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Kim - no, I was replying to Mal. We crossposted.

new topics

top topics

join