It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chupacabra Doubts

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I would really like it if El Chupacabra was real, it's one of my favorite cryptids. But lately I've noticed that no one has ever gotten a decent picture of it. I seriously beginning to doubt its existence. Does anyone on this board have a link that has some decent pictures on it?

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Maybe it doesn't like being photographed?

ID

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Ok Tenacious Guy let us think about this for a minute. What does El Chupacabra do? He kills livestock. And who owns live stock? Farmers. And where are most of the attacks located? Puerto Rico, Mexico, and Chile. How many farmers in those three countries do you think own a camera, let alone have one on hand for just such an attack?

My point being that simply because no one has photographed it does not mean it does not exist. I am shocked really, for once people are given HARD evidence (corpses with two wounds and all the blood drained) and are whining about not having photographs. Correct me if I am wrong but with almost everything else isn't it the other way around (photos but no hard evidence)? I would take physical proof over a blurry snapshot any day, maybe that is just me though.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I understand that the ownership of digital cameras by Chilean remote ranchers reaches nearly 2% of all households.

Thus give him his proof!

ID

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Neo couple that with the number of victims and you will get a very small fraction of a percentage that both own a camera and have been attacked. Not to mention if I see a blood sucking reptilian with glowing red eyes my first instinct is not "I gotta get my camera" it is (as at least one victim thought) "I am gonna blow it's head off with a shotgun." Sorry but if I were in the situation photographic proof would not be nearly as important as my personal well being and the well being of my animals. I simply refuse to believe that a lack of photographic evidence is at all detrimental to theories about these creatures existence. Lack of photographic evidence does not equate to the nonexistence of an organism.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 06:13 PM
link   
ID,

sorry just trying to make a point. The best way to catch these critters in my mind is to trap one or to have remote surveilance.

In that regard TenaciousGuy has a point and why hasn't someone done this yet? But they may have and the results may not have been what they expected and thus it was silenced? Who knows unless you do it yourself.

Note, the local militaries in both countries have also been involved in the fringes of these stories so that is what makes me very suspicious also.

ID

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 06:24 PM
link   
As I mentioned in another post, though a stake out would be a very worth while idea we simply cannot dedicate the recourses to doing so. El Chupacabras attacks have been random ranging from in Arizona in 1956 to Chile in 2000 and almost everywhere in between. It would be very difficult to provide surveillance cameras for eventually the entirety of north and south America. Though I agree that the idea is of extremely good intent I simply do not think it would be possible. However if any of you own farms and livestock I do encourage you to do this on your own property just in case.

Another interesting theory relates to many peoples suspicions that these creatures may be extra terrestrial in nature. If this was in fact true then distortions similar to those described in UFO encounters may occur in Chupacabra attacks. I am not suggesting that El Chupacabra is able to produce the same interference as UFOs I am simply saying that it is possible that this interference may occur. Again I do not hold too much credibility to this theory as I for one believe these organisms to be of this world. However it is something to think about.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 06:30 PM
link   
You may not like what I am about to say but this creature is not from our dimension but a higher one. Thus it may have the ability to cleanly escape if need be. Notice that it feeds on fluids primarily and not flesh. This is a telling piece of evidence that this is no normal animal and not necessarily of our realm.

Your comment that it is an extraterrestial beast is credible because to us that is what it is.

Like you say it is not going to be easy to corner one of these critters by any means.

There are numerous stories out that in fact the US military has done this, captured a chupa. They then took this back to the US to study.

I guess they are just as anxious about these creatures as we are.

ID

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I have no objection to the alternat reality theory. One thing though, you mentioned that this creature drinking blood was evidence towards it being from another dimension. I have to disagree I would say that due to the similarities in feeding to the vampire bat I would say that this is the biggest piece of evidence for El Chupacabra being a part of our planets natural evolution. After the attacks in Chile many people blamed NASA saying that representatives came and apparently captured one of these creatures. This is all speculation but it does corroborate your theory that the US has already captured one.

Then again there is also the theory that not only did the united states capture one but that they were in fact responsible for creating or altering this creature into it's present state. This story has some strong support as the first attack was right here in the USA, Arizona to be specific.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ID
I have no objection to the alternat reality theory. One thing though, you mentioned that this creature drinking blood was evidence towards it being from another dimension. I have to disagree I would say that due to the similarities in feeding to the vampire bat I would say that this is the biggest piece of evidence for El Chupacabra being a part of our planets natural evolution. After the attacks in Chile many people blamed NASA saying that representatives came and apparently captured one of these creatures. This is all speculation but it does corroborate your theory that the US has already captured one.

Then again there is also the theory that not only did the united states capture one but that they were in fact responsible for creating or altering this creature into it's present state. This story has some strong support as the first attack was right here in the USA, Arizona to be specific.

Just curious, but what would NASA of all organizations have to do with anything of this nature? What would the National Aeronautics and Space Administration want with a small, undiscovered creature in Latin America?
Sounds to me like more conspiracy theorists blaming NASA for things they don't understand. That seems to be the trend now.
I bet NASA is hiding Osama, too.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 06:46 PM
link   
There is a reason why NASA came up in this story and it has to do with their experiments with time travel and the study of space and reality itself.

One rumour that I have read is that the US created rips in the fabric of our reality which allowed higher dimensional creatures to come through and that is what happened. Thus, once the door was open it was near impossible to close it somewhat like the Philadelphia experiment.

The story further goes on that the US military and secret service and NASA were on the lookout for these creatures wondering where they would show up. What is interesting is that the first story of the Chupa started in Puerto Rico an American colony that is noted for certain scientific endeavours such as large radio telescope etc.

Then there is the other story no less horrifying that this critter is a result of genetic experimentation and is a product of the US military and designed to take out the enemy. I tend to doubt this story because the Chupa has not to my knowledge killed any humans and prefers animals. But who knows it may develop a taste if for humans if it actually trys to attack one and succeeds.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 07:05 PM
link   
The Chupacabra are only wild dogs. Now let's hear about how dog's don't kill goats, don't suck blood, never bark or crap in the neighbor's yard.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Herm,

are you injecting some humour into this discussion?

maybe the Chupa is a hound from hell so to speak, guess that is obvious isn't it.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
There is a reason why NASA came up in this story and it has to do with their experiments with time travel and the study of space and reality itself.

One rumour that I have read is that the US created rips in the fabric of our reality which allowed higher dimensional creatures to come through and that is what happened. Thus, once the door was open it was near impossible to close it somewhat like the Philadelphia experiment.

The story further goes on that the US military and secret service and NASA were on the lookout for these creatures wondering where they would show up. What is interesting is that the first story of the Chupa started in Puerto Rico an American colony that is noted for certain scientific endeavours such as large radio telescope etc.

Then there is the other story no less horrifying that this critter is a result of genetic experimentation and is a product of the US military and designed to take out the enemy. I tend to doubt this story because the Chupa has not to my knowledge killed any humans and prefers animals. But who knows it may develop a taste if for humans if it actually trys to attack one and succeeds.

I would be very skeptical of ALL of that. We can keep an open mind here, but there just is absolutely NO basis or scientific fact for any of those hypothesis up there. Just because we can't identify this animal or explain it, per se, jumping to conclusions that it is an interdimensional being or a genetic experiment is absurd.

I'm not saying this about you, NEO, but whoever postulated all of this. There just is no physical, scientific, and even very little theoretic evidence for any of it.

As far as the idea of wild dogs, that doesn't match the accounts of chupacabra attacks either, by a longshot. Quite simply, the attacks cannot be explained by any other known animal on earth.

Which really leaves one of two explanations: This is either a legitimate unknown creature, or it's an elaborate human hoax. There really isn't much possibility of anything inbetween.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I agree abou the frequency of poor rural farmers in south america owning camera's... let alone the chance that they might have got that digital camera pack with their latest dell. Didn' they just invent the copier in mexico?? .. If you want to find a picture try looking at adobe walls around the yucatan...

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 10:30 AM
link   
People actively seek these animals.......your argument that farmers dont have cameras doesnt hold water. Someone would have seen them. So the question that starts this thread is valid. His thoughts that the creature probably doesnt exist....are PROBABLY RIGHT!

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 10:33 AM
link   
IF it does not exist, that leaves the mutilations etc un answered and even more disturbing-

I tend to think it does not exist myself...but I wish it did

ID

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 10:50 AM
link   

People actively seek these animals.......your argument that farmers dont have cameras doesnt hold water. Someone would have seen them.
People have seen this creature on many occasions, people have even shot at it. There is always the story of one farmer who says he shot at it and a month or so later while tending his farm found it's skeletal remains. He apparently gave it to local authorities who said it was a dog and gave it back to him. Problem being that he claims they gave him back a different skeleton. Simply because no one has a picture of it does not mean it does not exist. Now I am not saying that I am one hundred percent positive of its existence however due to the condition of the victims and the large number of whiteness in the USA, Chile, Mexico, and Puerto Rico it is clear that SOMETHING out of the ordinary does exist. To all of you who claim that these things do not exist please inform me as to how these creatures were mutilated the way they were? Keep in mind there were no foot prints, no blood in the body, and no blood out side the body, also these attacks were done fairly quickly.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Blood Sucking Crazy Mutant Flying Vampire Bat Alien Zombie Creatures

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I with ID that there is really no rational explanation for these attacks.

They do not match any known animals behavior or attack patterns. The only other animal that could really come close to inflicting this kind of damage on its prey is the Vampire Bat, but they don't live in the Americas as far as I'm aware, and I would take one HELL of a huge bat to suck a goat or other livestock completley dry of blood.

No, like I said, I think the only 2 explanations are either this is an eloborate, well-planned human hoax, and this is all fake.
Or these is some unknown creature out there that science has no explanation for.

I'd tend to agree that it's more of a hoax, at least some of the "attacks" anyway, but if it is it's a very good one.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join