It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KKK resurgence

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chaoticar

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
Anyone who thinks the KKK are terrorists are crazy. A lot of them don't do anything crime what so ever. Being in a group is terrorism? The KKK do not want other races dead, they just want them back to their homelands.

Oh yes now I remember. North America 'belongs' to white people. But I guess it kinda does, with the whole Native American genocide and cultural assimilation.

Also wasn't it white people that bought African slaves and dragged them to the U.S to work as slaves? Should we send their descendants back despite the law that if someone is born in the U.S they are a U.S citizen?
What about the asians, africans, south americans etc that immigrated to the U.S legally? According to you we should simply 'send them back their homelands', despite the fact that some would probably be arrested/executed in their home nations?

Originally posted by racerzeke
OH YEA?!?! well the indians took the land from the dinosaurs, and no one complains?

Please say this was sarcastic if not... Also why does everyone call them 'indians' instead of 'native americans'? Did they originate in India? No, it was because Colombus thought he'd reached the 'West Indies' rather than the Americas. Heck why not call Chinese 'Cathayans' and Allah 'Termagant'

Uhm, who said I believed in what the klan believes, I don't. I just don't think they are a terrorist group.

And white people formed America and made a country out of it, thats how nations are formed, you conquer other peoples lands, the american indians lost.. that's just how things go.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Uhm, who said I believed in what the klan believes, I don't. I just don't think they are a terrorist group.

And white people formed America and made a country out of it, thats how nations are formed, you conquer other peoples lands, the american indians lost.. that's just how things go.

Do you ever read anything, the klan are terrorist; look here there is no escaping the fact!

Qoute
On a more personal note, it found that "Imperial Kleagle"Clarke had lined his pockets with $8 of each $10 initiation fee he had secured…and that he was also netting tidy profits from his new-member sales of the Klan's bed-sheet regalia. It also found that he was using his wealth to lead a high life, including taking on a mistress…and it found he was crossing state lines with her.

Gotcha. Now this last was an interesting point. How about the Mann Act?, some enterprising Bureau lawyer suggested. That’s a federal law we can use in this case. Accordingly, Clarke was arrested the next trip he made with his mistress over a state line, leading to his guilty plea in federal court.

It was just the beginning of the Bureau’s fight to bring these early day domestic terrorists to justice.

A Byte Out of FBI History:

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Dont you guys know eveyone is a terrorist group?

Anyone who owns a gun, gathers in a group, reads a book, has internet access, anyone who votes or doesnt vote...we're all terrorists. The pro-government groups, the anti-government groups, anti-smoking people, tree hugging hippies, tie wearing conservatives, tax objectors, tax payers, theres a way to define every single person as a terrorist.

I think the finger should be pointed at the group defining "terrorist" not at the guy saying the Klan is a troorist org or the guy claiming they arent. Its pointless and stupid infighting.

Then again virtually everything up here is pointless and stupid, isnt it?

All of these threads are eventually reduced to name calling and 3rd grade bickering over "my teams better than your."

Its all pretty pathetic.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Dont you guys know eveyone is a terrorist group?

Anyone who owns a gun, gathers in a group, reads a book, has internet access, anyone who votes or doesnt vote...we're all terrorists. The pro-government groups, the anti-government groups, anti-smoking people, tree hugging hippies, tie wearing conservatives, tax objectors, tax payers, theres a way to define every single person as a terrorist.

The FBI defines terrorism as, "the unlawful use of force or violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives." The FBI further classifies terrorism as either domestic or international, depending on the origin, base and objectives of the terrorist organization.

Domestic terrorism involves groups or individuals who are based and operate entirely within the United States and Puerto Rico without foreign direction and whose violent acts are directed at elements of the U.S. Government or population.
Domestic terrorism investigations are conducted in accordance with the Attorney General Guidelines on General Crimes, Racketeering Enterprises, and Domestic Security/Terrorism Investigations. These guidelines set forth the predication threshold and limits for investigation of crimes, including criminal activities in support of terrorist objectives.

Indded not all people are domestic terrorist as you would put it

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Sure thats the FBI definition. Im not disputing that. But theres also the Patriot Act:

www.infowars.com...

And each law enforcement entity defines it differently as well.

Different bills are constantly in front of Congress all with different definitions. The definition could change hourly and for all we know does.

It can be difined as strictly as "a terrorist is Bin Laden" or as loosely as "anyone with a spork at KFC is a threat to national security."

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   

(5) the term `domestic terrorism' means activities that--

`(A) involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State;

Infowars

Thanks for that link, the main boddy of the argument i believe lies within the above excerpt.

But to a greater extent you are right the definitions are different for various agentcies and the meaning is so loose it can class almost anyone as a terrorist exept those who do not break any laws or preach anything contrary to the government or peace, and stay away from any persons who might be considered terrorist.

No matter what, you cannot find any reason to class a peaceful man as a terrorist. ?

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by reaper2
No matter what, you cannot find any reason to class a peaceful man as a terrorist. ?

For now at least.

But they can still send a social worker to your house and whatever conversation that insues wont mean anything if that "social worker" is on the take. Once a "professional" deems you suicidal or a threat to others the police have enough to detain you, hospitalize you and medicate you. You dont have to be a terrotist for that to happen. It can happen like an audit. Completely random or just because somebody thinks its funny. The corruption runs so deep the definitions dont carry much weight. At least this is how I see it.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
But they can still send a social worker to your house and whatever conversation that insues wont mean anything if that "social worker" is on the take. Once a "professional" deems you suicidal or a threat to others the police have enough to detain you, hospitalize you and medicate you. You dont have to be a terrotist for that to happen. It can happen like an audit. Completely random or just because somebody thinks its funny. The corruption runs so deep the definitions dont carry much weight.

Where corruption is involved, you would have to have done something to someone. and if you have'nt thats real bad luck, but either way that person does not fit any description of a terrorist and thus is not one.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by gray01
Our inability as a race to get beyound hatered is what will also destroy us as a race

Well, Whites arent the only group with that problem, in fact, Id say whites, for the majority, are the least racist group of all others.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Do you ever read anything, the klan are terrorist; look here there is no escaping the fact!

Qoute
On a more personal note, it found that "Imperial Kleagle"Clarke had lined his pockets with $8 of each $10 initiation fee he had secured…and that he was also netting tidy profits from his new-member sales of the Klan's bed-sheet regalia. It also found that he was using his wealth to lead a high life, including taking on a mistress…and it found he was crossing state lines with her.

Gotcha. Now this last was an interesting point. How about the Mann Act?, some enterprising Bureau lawyer suggested. That’s a federal law we can use in this case. Accordingly, Clarke was arrested the next trip he made with his mistress over a state line, leading to his guilty plea in federal court.

It was just the beginning of the Bureau’s fight to bring these early day domestic terrorists to justice.

A Byte Out of FBI History:

What does that really have to do with anything?

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
Id say whites, for the majority, are the least racist group of all others.

Thats patently ridiculous. THe most racist people I know are white. I wouldnt' say that any 'race' statements can speak for everyone in the 'race' anyway, so its kind of irrelevant. Most people are, to some degree, racist. Some blacks are godawful racists, and some whites are too. To say that whites are 'the least racist' is purely absurd.

JIMC5499
I can understand why membership in the Klan is on an upward trend. In my opinion Political Correctness is one of the main reasons.

No one is joining a hate group that actively attacks non-whites because they are 'tired of PC bs".

scrub
your right the news won't be at the black guys door in the morning asking him why he is racist

You've got to be kidding if you think even the tiniest fraction of white people throwing around racist words are exposed in the media. There's not going to be a public uproar over a black guy being a racist idiot anymore than there is over a white guy being one.

gatordone
Why connect the KKK's alleged growth with a conservative issue

What conservative issue? Racism? Since when is racism conservative? The KKK aren't a 'right leaning' group, they're anti-government and anti-capitalism.

but no questions for the growth in any of the anti-American groups operating here in the US?

I don't know what news media you've been watching, but i've seen plenty of stories on 'hezbollah in america', elf being terrorists, anti-war radicals being dangerous, etc. Hell, there are entire TV series like sleeper cell that are riding that wave. Why the heck shouldnt' it be talked about if the KKK is growing in numbers? Why should it be a 'liberal attack against conservatives' if the people in the KKK are racists against immigrants? Since when is racism against immigrants a plank of the conservative platform? THe KKK isn't upset over immigration policy, they hate hispanics, legal, illegal, immigrant, 10th generation native, etc. Hell they hate catholics too, they're not upset over any particular policy, their beef is that non-whites exist.

And since when, btw, is the KKK a 'pro-american' group? They are anti-american. They want to destroy the american government, they want to break down american society and replace it with a new one.

mnmcandiez
Anyone who thinks the KKK are terrorists are crazy.

They are a criminal organization that murders people and calls for mass murder of non-whites. If al-qaida are terrorists, the kkk are terrorists. If the KKK isnt' as big as a threat as al-qaida, that merely means that they are weak and inept terrorists.

The KKK do not want other races dead, they just want them back to their homelands.

Not very familiar with the KKK are you?

They murder non-whites. If they have to execute every last non-white in the US to get them out, they are fine with that. Clearly, it'd be simpler for them to just have non-whites voluntarily leave. That is why they engage in terrorism, to terrorize non-whites into leaving communities that the KKK are in.

Yeah, because that happens so often. And .1 percent of people in the klan actually do that, so how is it a terrorist group?

The organization itself advocates violence against non-whites. What part of this are you not understanding. They're not sitting around in white robes having a tea party and saying 'gosh oh golly, i wish the blacks would leave of their own accord', THey are taking action to terrorize non-whites into leaving, those actions include murder. They are a terrorist group. It hardly matters that most of them haven't been arrested on terrorism charges.

And white people formed America and made a country out of it,

"White' People have NO CLAIM to america, and the actual people that formed america, the founders, said that everyone is supposed to be equal, they didn't say 'america belongs to whites'.

thisguyrighthere
Anyone who owns a gun, gathers in a group, reads a book, has internet access,

This is a joke. The KKK is not a gun rights advocate group, they are not a book club, they are a violent organization that murders people to acheive their political goals, the ARE terrorists.

crazypolak
What is the major religion of the KKK members?

Protestant.

I heard they are now the AKKKK

That is a sub-group within the KKK. I beleive that that is David Dukes group. THey are the more 'popular' section of all the KKK groups.

giantpanda1979
Yes the Klan has probaly lynched some people in the past

"Probably"?

The Black panthers may have also done the same.

Who did the Black Panthers lynch?
The Black Panthers are no where near as violent as the KKK.

djmessiah
I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of the hate crimes committed by whites were that of KKK members.

Personally, I'd be surprised if that were the case. THe KKK are a tiny, weak, jibbering minority. They simply don't have the numbers.

rockpuck
Whites have built up hostilities

WEll too bad. Blacks were held as slaves for over a hundred years, and for a hundred years after that legal policy was over they were suppressed by other laws. If everyone just ran around attacking people beacuse they were angry, the country'd fall apart.
Which, of course, is what the KKK wants.

. 6 month prison sentance if you say the N word to someone

Thats clearly not the case. The KKK can get up on a public street and say 'Die n-words Die!' and get police protection. NO one goes to jail for saying 'the n-word' alone.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Qoute

Substitute Jesse Jackson and Rainbow Push in the above statement, and the same applies.

The Klan is here, it will always be here in one form or another. So will the Panthers and Islamic Jihad. The Klan is at the bottom of the list in terms of members and influence. Best to just ignore them.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

gatordone
Why connect the KKK's alleged growth with a conservative issue

What conservative issue? Racism? Since when is racism conservative? The KKK aren't a 'right leaning' group, they're anti-government and anti-capitalism.

The Article linked KKK recruitment to the illegal alien issue. It lead me to believe that the people who are for getting the border under control are the ones being recruited. I said conservative because in large niether the Dems or Reps seem to want to resolve these issues. And neither do the libs in the union force....

I took the "racism" as a given. The KKK automatically come up as hateful in every Americans mental process. I dont know though, how a group of white protestant Americans that want America to stay that way (even though it hasn't been that way for a really long time now) would qualify as anti-capitalist? I understand anti-government and could prolly add anti-american if held to idealic american standards of fairness and equality.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

The Klan is at the bottom of the list in terms of members and influence. Best to just ignore them.

Maybe the klan have fewer members but have many sympathiesers. and offshoots.

You may ignore dangerous hate groups but thats at your own peril. !

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
yeah, the kkk, should go back to where they came from, if they don't like it here too bad. All they do is cause trouble and hurt people. I don't know why all their sites online are not shut down. To the guy way above, the dinosaurs died so we didn't steal from them. Well I hope in the future we wouldn't have to put up with them.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
There's nothing like having a shot gun put to your chest by Klan members, after 9/11 to show you just how active they still are. The posters who are apologists for the Klan and saying that they're not terrorists were not there when people's lives were put in danger, just because they were from the Middle East. How many people must be terrorized by the Klan until they can be considered "terrorists"? Why did Michael Donald have to be killed by Klan members, if they're not terrorists?

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
The klan does not call for mass murders of non-whites, they just want them to go back to their home lands.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   

The klan does not call for mass murders of non-whites, they just want them to go back to their home lands.

That's good news.

I guess they've never killed anyone for it, right?

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Errr Never mind...

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   
And soon their members will again control the government... The white folk in this country are tired of eveyone else getting a free ride on their backs. Frustration is causing the problem.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join