It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KKK resurgence

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
it seems that with the increased focus on both immigration and gay marriage, the KKK is seeing booming recruitment numbers

link goes to article about it

from the ADL article

If any one single issue or trend can be credited with re-energizing the Klan, it is the debate over immigration in America," said Deborah M. Lauter, ADL Civil Rights Director. "Klan groups have witnessed a surprising and troubling resurgence by exploiting fears of an immigration explosion, and the debate over immigration has, in turn, helped to fuel an increase in Klan activity, with new groups sprouting in parts of the country that have not seen much activity.

what should we do to stop the renewed growth of this horrible hate group?

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   
These groups are born from frustration. People obviously feel like the threat of illegal immigration is real and the government cant or wont do a thing to stop it.

Moderates break off into an organization like the Minutemen, fanatics take it a step further and rekindle the old Klan flame.

So, solve this problem by enforcing immigration law and protecting the borders and youve taken away the Klans big recruitment cry. At least for now.

Fanatics will always find something to rage against and will always end up creating groups whether its the Klan, Greenpeace, Global Warming proponents/opponents, Republicans, Democrats, Christians, Muslims, etc..

Theres always a fanatic. Its like asking how do we stop murders of theft. You can only calm them. Even thats just temporary. Ignoring them makes them even more mad. Attacking them gives their cause validity.

Nuts will be nuts whether hanging a "colored," making non-binding resolutions, flying planes into buildings or even posting up on message boards.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
For an excellent example of this check out this ATS thread:

charming thread

If things aren't bad enough...

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I believe the klan are clssed as domestic terrorist, and therforewe should rage war against them and there terror.

kkk is to terror what the mafia is to crime. But its goal is not making money; its goal is remaking the world -- and imposing its radical beliefs on people everywhere.

Americans are asking, why do they hate us? They hate what we see right here in this chamber -- a democratically elected government. Their leaders are self-appointed. They hate our freedoms -- our freedom of religion, our freedom of speech, our freedom to vote and assemble and disagree with each other.

Tonight we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger, and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice, or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done.

AMEN

Gerge W on terror

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
While I find that disturbing I have always considered the Klan as very low class domestic terrorists

Most of their members are simply frustrated people

They pose at best a very limited Threat to the American People, the Klan is not like Ex-Soviet forces or Religious Extremists training in the Middle East

It's a long time since they had any credibility

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I have to agree that the Klan is no real threat because I have known some of these people and they are simpletons at best. But I do feel that some of the other poster are correct that people are becoming more and more frustrated with being called racisist on a daily basis just because they question all of the aliens in this country. We have created more hate by trying to stop hate. People like Jessie Jackson have done more to promote racisim than some dumb white guy with a hood.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianGlasnost
While I find that disturbing I have always considered the Klan as very low class domestic terrorists

Most of their members are simply frustrated people

They pose at best a very limited Threat to the American People, the Klan is not like Ex-Soviet forces or Religious Extremists training in the Middle East

As much as the Klan may not be as large a force as 40 years ago, I think the "very limited threat" would be alot higher to any Mexican or Black person who finds themselves in an area where these "simply frustrated people" decide to take out their anger.

Frustration does not justify xenophobic, religious and racist hatred.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Oh don't think Im trying to justify these guys

I do agree that the Threat is bigger to a mexican or black but what I meant is that I don't think that a guy joining the KKK because of Illegal immigration is going to be a first class candidate to Rampage a black neighbourhood

It's a bit like those kids in Montreal wearing gang colors while not being actual members... Kind of a way of saying they are pissed

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   

It's a bit like those kids in Montreal wearing gang colors while not being actual members... Kind of a way of saying they are pissed

no, it is much different

gangs are localist groups
gangs don't have a rhetoric that calls for national genocide
wearing gang colors doesn't require full initiation
wearing a klan hood does

these people are actual members of the KKK

these aren't people that are just angry
these are people joining a group with a dangerous rhetoric

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

these people are actual members of the KKK

these aren't people that are just angry
these are people joining a group with a dangerous rhetoric

I second that, the kkk are not that different to al-q what ever.

They spread preach hate, death, and destruction the same ways and have in the past been prolific terrorist to none white communities and would do the same should there numbers grow unchecked.

kkk members come from all walks of life and have been and are in positions of power and influence, they are more than just a gang they are more like the so called "NWO".

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
This is not good seeing how the town next to mine use to have alot of klan members that lived there. I hope it isn't starting all over again but if it does I wouldn't be supprised. Thisguyrighthere had a good point I think the illegal immigration problems being fixed would help at least alittle but I am with reaper2. I better not see anybody publicly support the klan cause it will be their a$$ I'm proud of being white but sick of the klan and skinheads giving us a bad name maybe if more klan wantabees got their a$$ kicked by other white people we could put a dent in this problem

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reaper2, I'd like to know about known KKK members that held position of influence?

I always was under the impression the KKK was a disorganised terrorist group with little efficacity

EDIT: Couldnt say it better Scrub

[edit on 7-2-2007 by CanadianGlasnost]

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scrub
I better not see anybody publicly support the klan cause it will be their a$$ I'm proud of being white but sick of the klan and skinheads giving us a bad name maybe if more klan wantabees got their a$$ kicked by other white people we could put a dent in this problem

Ill say AMEN to that Scrub

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
So, solve this problem by enforcing immigration law and protecting the borders and youve taken away the Klans big recruitment cry. At least for now.

I agree with you. I hope that something new can be done to stem this disturbing tide. Are we going to go the way of Le Pen in France?

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   

reaper2, I'd like to know about known KKK members that held position of influence?

I always was under the impression the KKK was a disorganised terrorist group with little efficacity

EDIT: Couldnt say it better Scrub

This is just ONE example but i will post more when i have little more time.

Once the century-long struggle over black voting rights in the South had ended, the Klans shifted their focus to other issues, including affirmative action, immigration, and especially busing ordered by the courts in order to desegregate schools. In 1971, Klansmen used bombs to destroy ten school buses in Pontiac, Michigan, and charismatic Klansman David Duke was active in South Boston during the school busing crisis of 1974. Duke also made efforts to update its image, urging Klansmen to "get out of the cow pasture and into hotel meeting rooms." Duke was leader of the Knights of the Ku Klux Klan from 1974 until he resigned from the Klan in 1978. In 1980, he formed the National Association for the Advancement of White People, a white nationalist political organization. He was elected to the Louisiana State House of Representatives in 1989 as a Republican, even though the party threw its support to a different Republican candidate.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Well Tegotic, it wouldnt be that bad since Lepen hasnt been elected yet

Edit: Wow, how the hell can people Like that get elected???

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by reaper2They spread preach hate.

I ain't mad at them for preaching hate, I preach hate....for Tom Brady and the pats. Also the hated team from the north as we buckeyes call them

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
what should we do to stop the renewed growth of this horrible hate group?

Besides kicking their teeth in?

We don't have to do anything. KKKers AND neo-nazi skinheads only amount to something like 1 percent of the US population. This resurgence is probably mostly media driven, iow, a non-phenomenon that the media is hyping into 'a serious threat'. (not saying that there is no growth, but that the mainstream media is unreasonably hyping it).

thisguyrighthere
Moderates break off into an organization like the Minutemen, fanatics take it a step further and rekindle the old Klan flame.

Is there any actual evidence to support that though? I agree it would make some sense, but I suspect that it ain't happenign all that much. Some people are just racists, through and through, and its usually because they were raised that way, not because of a decision that they made.

canadianglasnost

These people that are joining the KKK aren't making a political statement about their 'frustrations', they're not frustrated, they hate other races, pure and simple. THey're not examining the current social situation rationally and then concluding that whites are treatedy poorly or anything like that, they hate non-whites. THey join a hate group because it allows them to exercise and express their hate. Eliminate Affirmative Action, close the border and deport every illegal in the country, these people won't be satisfied, they will still hate, they don't care about that other stuff.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I do not see the problem with groups such as the KKK. No, I do not believe what they are preaching, but I thought all Americans were given tht right to free speech. I do not agree with all of the violent actions they have commitee. But I believe that they do have a right to preach their warped ideals.

Either way, I don't have listen, but I have to hear.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Let me first say that I am not supporting the KKK in any way by the comments I am about to make. Now with that out of the way.

I can understand why membership in the Klan is on an upward trend. In my opinion Political Correctness is one of the main reasons. It is completely acceptable for a Black to stand up and state that he is "A proud Black man.", if a White man states that he is "A proud White man." he is immediately labeled a racist. Look at the Congressman who wished to join the Black Cacus because his district was made up primarily of Blacks. Look at the uproar over Michael Richards' comment a few months ago, yet last Saturday night I was told to "get my Casper ass" out of the bar I was in. You can see where I am going with this. There have been several threads on ATS where examples of what I am saying have been posted.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join