It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underground city beneath Central Park?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Does anyone know if this legit?

centralpark-ny.us...

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
This has to be fake. I live in NYC and Central Park is usually as busy as Disney World, there's no way they could hide something like this there and there'd be absolutely no reason to. Why risk putting a secret facility in one of the most densely populated areas in the world?

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Wow, I kept reading even through phrases like "this was the prison for Nazi Adolph Hitler until his death in 1956." & "The original aliens that were found at the crash site in Roswell, New Mexico were nursed back to health and lived in the Manhattan Project under Central Park until they had natural deaths in 1968 and 1969. "

Anyways, this can't be real - how would that website exist with all that information then if it was kept so secret from the public? Wouldn't they get into immense trouble by authorities?

2 cents

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
It's guff. Read the disclaimer... centralpark-ny.us...

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Complete rubbish on so many levels(no pun intended). Just a cursory read showed at least 5 GLARING wrongs.

1. the second "photo" of the Alpha hall is not a photo, its digital art
2. They even talk about Howard Sten...Riley Martin is claimed to be his half brother(what a laugh). Riley Martin is a black complete looney toon who claims to have been abducted and knows how to speak alien(dont remember which flavor) The also claim that the Sirius show is now there underground, secretly. Odd how ALLL these guests and drop ins are going to Sirius radio broadcasting above ground and seeing and interacting with people who are NOT supposed to be there.

I could go on and on, but it was amusing nonetheless

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shar_Chi
It's guff. Read the disclaimer... centralpark-ny.us...

Oh that's fabulous! From above link:

This disclaimer may not be copied without the expressed written consent of whoever I stole it from.

Well folks, I think we finally found a website that is even less credible than worldnutdaily!

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Thanks for pointing the disclaimer out. It's hilarious, but given that, I think this thread should be moved to Jokes, Puns & Pranks on BTS.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
This has to be fake. I live in NYC and Central Park is usually as busy as Disney World, there's no way they could hide something like this there and there'd be absolutely no reason to. Why risk putting a secret facility in one of the most densely populated areas in the world?

Just to clarify... Disney World does have underground tunnels and facilities. That's how the employees move around the place.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
LOL, It mentions that 'Riley Martin' can communicate with aliens. Just a little information on Riley Martin. Several times he has been debunked on the air. One example is we were doing a bit for the show and we were talking to a homeless guy on the street who was drunk. The homeless guy said 'mugu magy amagawatoo'. A few months ago, during Riley's show, we had a producer from our staff (richard christy) call in and pretend that he was contacted by aliens and asked for Riley to translate that phrase. Riley translated it as something like 'children of the light, we are here'. He's been debunked a few other times too. All of his alien information is BS. Also, Riley isn't howard's half-brother, or related to him

Also, it says that Robin refers to her government contact as Mr. X. That's false, she refers to her boyfriend as Mr X, because she doesn't want listeners to know his name and wants to keep her personal life private.

The site seems like someone just threw a bunch of random pictures together with descriptions. The pic of the interior of the building doesn't even look like a real picture.

[edit on 7-2-2007 by rline928]

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by annestacey
Just to clarify... Disney World does have underground tunnels and facilities. That's how the employees move around the place.

yeah you're right. But they're not secret!

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Originally posted by annestacey

yeah you're right. But they're not secret!

No, but you don't see them while walking around the amusement park.

I think that if there were anything under Central Park, it could easily be hidden. If the only entrances are inside secret rooms of surrounding buildings, there would be no way to know it's there.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I don't think that the website even takes these claims seriously.

centralpark-ny.us...
Howard Stern did leak some information about his new location to the audience on the Late Night with David Letterman Show on Tuesday December 12, 2007. He told Mr. Letterman that "We have taken the show underground - even Howard TV. We are in a bunker." Of course "underground" refers to his under Central Park location and "bunker" refers to the place in Berlin and under Central Park where Hitler lived out his life

Seems more like they are making a joke on the people that 'buy' this story.

edit:
ah, seems that this has already been noticed.

[edit on 7-2-2007 by Nygdan]

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
OMG where have I been Dec. 2007 Stern was on letterman! Wooooooo College is almost over then woooooo

Isnt it Feb 2007 now........

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
What better place to hide something than in plain site

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
this reminds me of when i was a little girl and i dreamt (or dreamed? I cant remember right now) of being in a secret society that had cities underground. Is my dream finally gonna come true?! lol.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
They loved Hershey bars with Almonds

You know, this is good read if you take out the aliens and Hitler.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
There is No way this website is for real. I agree that someone is just
making a joke to get a reaction or possibly making a joke on the people
who actually do buy it as sstated by someone above.

It actually could be disinformation to cover up something that really
might be down there! Hmm. I would totally buy the possibility of some
type of underground bunker/bomb shelter or something silmilar.

but... taking aliens, hitler, howard stern, and a huge fully functional
underground city and throwing them into a big pot and mixing it all
up and then dumping it onto a website with a disclaimer that says it
is all bunk, well thats a bit much for me

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
by sheer coincidence just now someone on another forum i visit posted pix of tokyo's storm water system & there was the image of the guy in the great hall used in this NYC spoof!

Tokyo Storm Water system pix

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shar_Chi
by sheer coincidence just now someone on another forum i visit posted pix of tokyo's storm water system & there was the image of the guy in the great hall used in this NYC spoof!

Tokyo Storm Water system pix

All of the pictures appear to be computer-generated.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   

1. the second "photo" of the Alpha hall is not a photo, its digital art

Agreed.

and the fact that the picture/CGI is even on this Tokyo stormwater site
even further debunks it as the Tokyo site has several other similar
images, and in my further opinion, I cant read Japanese but I'm not
sure I even believe those are truly pics/images depicting a water drainage
system. To me it looks like that thing is way to big to be practical, (just
me opinion)

top topics

<<   2 >>