It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberalism (international political theory, not domestic ideology)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Liberalism is one of the most influential schools of international political theory. It is the opposite of Realism. While Realism claims that all international politics is about states trying to become more powerful than other states, Liberalism believes people can and do cooperate on an international level, whether through trade or international institutions. It also believes that non-state actors such as TNCs and NGOs can have a big impact.

What do you think of this theory, is it more or less true than Realism? Have I described it accurately or not?

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
It might be more technically correct to say that "Liberalism espouses the notion that people SHOULD cooperate on an international level, whether through trade or international institutions." Remember that you're talking about a philosophy, and not a science. Even if you presume that you are debating ideology, you're still making an assertion that the greater good (which is a philosophical concept) matters more than the indivudual thinks that it does.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I'm interested in learning more about politics can you post some links relaying some info about these to ideologies?

link   
I'm interested in learning more about politics can you post some links relaying some info about these to ideologies?

link   

link   

link   

link   

link   

link   

link   

link   

link   

link   

link   

link   

link   

link   

link   

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 03:54 AM
link   
AHHHHHHH sorry sorry!!! so sorry my internet wasnt working so i kept on clicking the post button and then when it did load it was repeating repeating repeating!!!! Sorry i guess patience is really a virtue

new topics

top topics

join