It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which console has the BEST controller?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I used to like Ps2's controller but now i'm going with the 360's.... Also to get old school i loved the nintendo glove for the NES

JbT

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I think that the PS3 is buy far the best. Though, it is lacking a rumble feature the Six-Axis feature by far makes up for it.

[edit on 7-2-2007 by JbT]

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Super Nintendo was the best. I really like the 360's controller. It just feels like everything is in the right place. PS3 might be nice, I've never used it, but I hate how the sticks are right next to each other. There were, in fact, an afterthought for the PSX controller. The sticks were placed there out of necessity rather than utility.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
So far the most comfortable for me is Gamecube, it fits perfectly in your hands, with X-Box controllers I always find the Black and White buttons in a very awkward place. I haven't used 360 controllers yet though so I don't know if they have Black and White buttons in an awkward place...

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
well, i'm going to go with either the Wiimote or the Sixaxis for best controller

both are comfortable and innovative (though the PS3's less so)

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Whats the difference between a normal ps2 controller and the ps3 sixaxis controller? I've never been able to get conclusive info on it, except that it's rumble capability is better, and maybe it's wireless.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by chris01621
So far the most comfortable for me is Gamecube, it fits perfectly in your hands, with X-Box controllers I always find the Black and White buttons in a very awkward place. I haven't used 360 controllers yet though so I don't know if they have Black and White buttons in an awkward place...

Yeah i never liked the original xbox controller felt to chunky and awkward but the 360 is very comfy and it doesnt have those annoying black and white buttons instead opting for 4 triggers at the top of the controller ( L and R ) which is much better

JbT

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Whats the difference between a normal ps2 controller and the ps3 sixaxis controller? I've never been able to get conclusive info on it, except that it's rumble capability is better, and maybe it's wireless.

The Six-Axis, like its named, has Six Axis'es that it is motion sensitive to. This is why they had to drop the Rumble Feature from the Six-Axis. There was not enough room for all of it.

So, say your playing a driving game. Much like the Wii, you can have the stearing feature be like holding the controller as a steering wheel. By turning the controller left and right like a stearing wheel you can control your vehicle.

The other possibility for it are basically endless, like the Wii.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Oh right, the sites I read were a load of bull then. They said the things I posted but not what it actually was...

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Im going to go ahead and say the 360 controller. Its just so comfortable. All the buttons are incredibly easy to access (unlike the original xbox controller). See, the ps3 and wiimote would be cool, but i like chillin out and just playing a game. I dont like having to get p and hold my arm out forward for a couple hours to play an fps. I just dont like it.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   

The Six-Axis, like its named, has Six Axis'es that it is motion sensitive to. This is why they had to drop the Rumble Feature from the Six-Axis. There was not enough room for all of it.

And it has NOTHING to do with the fact that they were sued right?
In fact, back when I was a Sony Shareholder(yeah I bailed out long ago), they said the reason why they dropped Rumble capability is cuz they didn't want to pay the extra 150 million to license the damn technology. If they liscenced it in the first place, they would have only had to pay 25 million. It's all public record. Just dig into their quaterly reports dating between 2002 and 2004.

The other possibility for it are basically endless, like the Wii.

Umm, no. The Interesting Possibilities for this controller are limited to Racing Games(and maybe Flight Sims). It has the limitations of a conventional controller with some motion sensitivity tacked on in response to Nintendo. No where close to the Wii. Developers won't even take advantage of the PS3 controller anyway cuz they have to wrestle with the Dev kits and the Cell Processor while making sure all the Graphic are "ZOMG almost PHOTOREALISTIC!".

I dont like having to get p and hold my arm out forward for a couple hours to play an fps.

I take it you are talking about the Wii. You don't have to hold your arm out you know... these exagerated motions that everybody seems to want to use are not necessary.

[edit on 9-2-2007 by sardion2000]

[edit on 9-2-2007 by sardion2000]

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
[ Developers won't even take advantage of the PS3 controller anyway cuz they have to wrestle with the Dev kits and the Cell Processor while making sure all the Graphic are "ZOMG almost PHOTOREALISTIC!".

Ihaven't seen PS3 yet but does this mean the graphic aren't as photorealistic as they promised???

I love the fact a BTS memeber in another thread flamed the wii for being over rated by the people and then said PS3 was hyped up by the PS3 execs

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   
playstation dualshock, D-PAD on X360 controller sucks

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
i kinda like the 360 remote much better than xbox but ps2 is better i liek the d-pad to be where its supposed too it works better for one on one fighters (thats all i play) i hate using the joystick to play 1-on-1 because it doesnt give me the control i need to kick some major ass... try my theory go play soul calibur 2-3 and try to play as accuratly with the joystick as with the d-pad or dbz budakai games too.

but my alltime haters would be gamecube cause controller dun fit in my hands right xbox (damblack and white buttons) and wii cause wii aint made for 1-on-1's dont say it is in any way cause its not only conventional controllers are good for fighter games...

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   

i own the ps3 and the diffrence is that its lighter it charges through and usb cable and the r2 and l2 buttons are easier to use the wireless thing is cool too but i had that on my ps2 logitech controller oh and the ps3 is way better than any console ever made so for xbox 360 this is what i would do

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
The 360 has the best controller.

How many other controllers can turn the game on from across the room wirelessly..

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
My vote goes for the sexbox 360 controller. It's just so natural feeling and easy to access all the buttons.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I have to go with Gamecube. Nintendo always makes the best controllers. Remember the Xbox controllers when they first came out. Behemoths! Impossible for any kind of good play control.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Xbox 360 controller... The n64 controller brings back gaming memorys before online gaming... That was before we could all join hands and become one
... :| wtf? I'm a hippie...

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The N64 controller, hands down. It lay perfectly in my hands, and the buttons were perfectly spaced. Was a pity that the controlstick got bad, the more you used it..

The Wiimote/nunchuck on a second place due to the versitality it brings with it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join