It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indonesia stops sharing bird flu samples

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
In my opinion Indonesia has decided to stop sharing bird flu samples for strictly monetary gain, and has instead decided to keep their samples for themselves in case of outbreak. I am in no way a expert in bio-chemical vaccine politics, but shouldn't a vacine be shared with the world openly? Then again, I should probably get off my idealistic "pink cloud" and take off my rose colored glasses. Are they beginning to act like major world powers.....You be the judge, here's the article.....

apnews.excite.com
Indonesia defended its decision to stop sharing bird flu samples with the World Health Organization, saying Wednesday it did not want the agency passing them on to drug companies to develop vaccines the cash-strapped country could not afford.

Health Minister Siti Fadilah Supari said, however, that WHO and other international organizations were welcome to the samples so long as they signed an agreement that they would not be used for commercial purposes. It was unclear whether this offer could be a solution to the standoff.

She made the remarks after signing a memorandum of understanding with U.S. drug manufacturer Baxter Healthcare Corp. to develop a human bird flu vaccine in Indonesia, the country worst hit by the virus.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

When the vaccine was created it must have become obvious that whoever controls the vaccine. controls the fate of their republic when the flu hits hard. If the bird flu hits as hard as "they" say it is going to, they are strictly securing their space on the map. Besides, wasn't there a huge conspiracy theory that the "flu" was Lab-created? Has anyone heard any more about this...? Or was it just theory?

[edit on 2/7/2007 by Djarums]

new topics

join