It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confirmed C-17's for Canadian Forces

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Well after almost 2 years of talk its official and we have a date for the C-17 and a confirmed order with Boeing for four C-17s from with in the current production run that Boeing is building.
The CF will be basing the new planes at Trenton Airforce base in Ontairo. The first plane will delivered in either august or septemeber of this year. The following is links to the webpages.

www.airforce.forces.gc.ca...

www.airforce.forces.gc.ca...

Oops almost forgot to give my openion on the news. How about freakin pumped! I may just get the day off of work and fly up. How often do we get new planes?

[edit on 22/08/06 by Canada_EH]

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
What! I could've sworn I saw C-17s at Trenton, that was over 3 years ago! Those things were LOUD! Maybe they were evaluating it or something

Anyways, it's just some fat cargo plane so... meh.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
The regulars at Trenton (knowledge due to many times of Cadet programs etc) is the Herc, Airbus A320's, Galaxy (USAF training takes places in Trenton), Antonov as well is there for transport for hire work. If you have anymore questions I'd be glad to try and get the answers.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
It's about time we get a decent air-lift capacity of our own. Leasing and renting from foreigners to move our equipment is simply pathetic. I think it's time to start setting up some strategically located arctic bases and airstrips!

[edit on 7-2-2007 by Orwells Ghost]

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Well its about that time. I can only stop looking at the C-17 for so long before I have to go back and see the latest airlifter for Canada. In my searching I came across some stuff in the Maple Leaf mag that DND puts out. Hope you guys enjoy the info. I'm wanting to go down the day that the C-17 flies into trenton so If anyone in the area wants to know the date etc I'll try to find them then post them up here.

Mod Edit: Image Size – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 16/3/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
They better get their planes quick. I was told by Boeing employee that 2 more years and the C-17 is no longer produced

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Boeing was very good to Canada in the same way they are sending the planes to Aus. The planes will be sent in from some of the current builds in the Boeing line. The first arrives in Aug so I assume its on the line right now.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Canada_EH
Boeing was very good to Canada in the same way they are sending the planes to Aus. The planes will be sent in from some of the current builds in the Boeing line. The first arrives in Aug so I assume its on the line right now.

Woo hoo dude congrates to CANADA

jra

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I'm looking forward to seeing our new CC-17's. Do you know when we'll get our first one in August? I'm wondering because my town has it's airshow in mid august, so maybe it would show up here.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Double post sorry please delete.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Chances of the CC-17 being at airshows that quick is low as it sounds like late August and or early Sept. Now it may show at the CIAS (toronto) as its on labour day weekend and they had a C-17 their last year. I'm keeping my ear to the ground (or sky) as to when it will show heck I may even phone Trenton to see if they would let me know etc. I'll let you know jra though and will post pics if I get there. Heck maybe ATS would sponser me as a media personal so that I can actually get on base and get shots? If anyone knows if thats possible let me know eh.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Well finaly some mroe information has come out on the stage of training that the CF is in with getting ready for the C-17's this summer. It sounds like it will pretty quickly be utilized for the airlift to afghanstan and the like. Finally a airlifter that can do the job Canada requires. Anyways a couple of other points came up to that are new to me so though I'd share for any Canucks or Nuts like myself.

Four crews per aircraft are being trained – 32 pilots, 24 loadmasters, 10 maintenance management staff and 96 technicians have been selected for the C-17 initially. Air movements and aero-medevac personnel began their training in late February.

“It’s a phenomenal plane. They have simulators for every part of the aircraft, which makes our training so much easier. The first time that big plane lands in Afghanistan to bring our ground troops their supplies, is going to be a really great day,” says Master Cpl. Desaulniers, who moves on to his seasoning training at McChord Air Force Base in Tacoma, Washington in May and June.

link: www.forces.gc.ca...

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Aus just got our second one the other day

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Thats the thing with this program it seems to fall into place so well. The US manufactures etc tested the C-17 with the British and now RAAF and the CF will be using it. Honestly if other countries in EU are interested and same with NATO they better jump on the band wagon now which will help keep the lines open too. Honestly I think it has to do with 1 the airplane being so well thought out and 2 the companies being so organized in training new crews. I'm going to be interested to see how long it will take the CF to start fielding the C-17 on a consistently to Afaghanestan.

The British helped lead the way then Aus followed along and now Canada follows along.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   
YESSSSSSS!
The first C-17 is off the line and in for paint! The first C-17 for the Canadian forces is done assembly and has been rolled out. This is huge news and I can't wait for these planes to start filling the hole in the Canadian forces airlift capability.

The first C-17 Globemaster III to be based in Canada rolled out of the Boeing factory on its way to the paint hangar June 16 at the Long Beach, Calif. assembly facility. Canada's first C-17 airlifter is scheduled for delivery in early August to its new home at 8 Wing Trenton, Ontario.

Boeing painters will apply distinct Canadian aircraft markings on the C-17 as well as the traditional gray base paint used on all Boeing C-17s. The paint scheme includes the word "Canada", the Canadian flag, and a maple leaf. The jet will also display the Canadian Forces signature "Canadian Forces ... Forces canadiennes".

And finally pictures of my new fav of the canadian forces!

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Well its out of the paint shop and up in the air for Canada One, Canada's first C-17.

It was a three-hour and 45-minute flight into Canadian aviation history on Monday afternoon as Canada One, the first of four new C-17 Globemaster IIIs Canada has on order from Boeing, took its first flight.

The first Canadian C-17, with the Maple Leaf and giant Canada word mark emblazoned on its fuselage, took off at 3:36 p.m. for its maiden flight from Long Beach, California Airport.

Monday's first flight for Canada One had special significance for Mr. Brown. His mother, Penny's, side of the family is Canadian -- natives of Alberta. And his grandfather, Bruce, is a retired aviator who served with the Royal Canadian Air Force and was a squadron leader who flew Boeing-built B-24s and B-17s. Mr. Brown himself has visited Canada about a dozen times.

Now its just a matter of the waiting game for the C-17 to finish 2 more test flights and a number of other test adn it will be soon up in CFB Trenton in early Aug. I just may make the trip down to see it. I like the overall grey that the C-17 has like the other line for AUS UK and US and the large Canada on the side but it does feel liek its missing something... don't know what though.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Its amazing how quickly Australia and Canada have been able to decide on this aircraft and how fast they have delivered off the line. I believe the Australian program set a record for the fastest peacetime acquisition of major capital equipment by the Aus DoD. Its a pity so many other programs cannot follow this model. As an aside, there is a rumour that Australia may make an additional purchase of one or more C-17's in a follow on order to the 4 allready bought.

And slightly unrelated, during the recent exercise "Talisman Sabre" held in Australia's Top End, Australian and US engineers conducted a rapid airfield construction exercise. The airfield was constructed in the Bradshaw Field Training Area (BFTA) 270km west of Katherine in the Northern Territory. A team of 215 Australian and US engineers constructed the 3500ft unsealed Nakeroo airfield consisting of runway and hardstand, capable of taking up to 3 C-17's at once, two on the stand and one on the runway. They began work on June 3rd and landed the first aircraft (an RAAF C-17 followed by a USAF C-17)on June 29th. You Canadian boys should drop round with your Globemaster's sometime and try it out! Twenty Six days from scrub land to hardstand, not bad. Pity we couldn't hire them to build Sydney's decades delayed second domestic/international airport

LEE.

[edit on 26-7-2007 by thebozeian]

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Four stinger missiles and those pretty toys are garbage.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
Four stinger missiles and those pretty toys are garbage.

.... As is any other aircraft while taking off and landing if they're not fitted with countermeasures which they are. Or covered by an airfield GBADS/airfield defence guards which is standard on most forward airfields, so your point is...... ?

LEE.

[edit on 26-7-2007 by thebozeian]

jra

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Thanks for the continued updates Canada_EH. It's great to see it all painted up and done. Do you have links to any larger photos?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join