It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reincarnation - what is possible?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I posted a message about souls and whether our dogs have souls. However, another question came to mind and I did touch on it in the last message but I did not believe it was the place I wanted to raise further questions as I am sure it would not get the required viewing considering the initial post. However, I guess I could research this on the internet (I did a search here in ATS but did not really find anything that would answer the questions.

I think in the last post I can gladly and comfortably say that our pets do have souls. The question I now need to ask is around reincarnation.

I do believe in reincarnation. I also believe that if we are male or female, now in this life, it does not mean we will return as a male if we were male and visa versa. According to someone I met and had a session with, who I won’t go into detail about but she blew my mind with EXPLICIT detail she knew, I am apparently a very ancient soul etc etc and I have been reincarnated a number of times and the last time was a few hundred years ago – not sure who or what I was and didn’t ask.

So this brings me to the next thought: if we can come back as male OR female, is it also possible that we can come back as something else? i.e. a dog, cat, bird etc etc. Is it also possible that we may start of as the simplest of life forms to “learn” lessons and each time we come back we may take on a new form like being a bird, then coming back as a cat, then dog, then horse etc etc. I think you get the jest.

Any ideas or comments or a good, reliable, source on the net?

Thanks in advance.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
If reincarnation exist's it is very possible to come back as different species.

There are religions out there (not sure which one/s) that believe we work our way up, ie. Slug, Bird, Dog, Human, that kind of thing.
If we have souls, all beings of Earth should have a soul.

I personally don't know what to believe about this but this is certain people views on it...

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I personally do believe in the transmigration of souls. However,I don't necessarily believe that it is inter-species dominated. I think that once a human, always ahuman. Once a dog, always a dog. Et cetera.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
If reincarnation exists, than I think we can come back as any lifeform that can support a soul. If animals can support souls, than there is the possibility that reincarnation might occur in them. I think that even if you were a human in this life, you could be any number of aliens or alien animals in the next life, if they exist and have souls as well.

That all depends on whether reincarnation exists, whether souls exists, and whether everything, most things, many things, some things, or only intelligent being like humans and above have souls. Personally, I don't know the answer.

I also think that there are probably more genders than just male and female in alien races around the universe, and that some races could be completely hermaphroditic, or have the ability to change genders when the situation calls for it.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I think it is possible - but i would think that a soul already functional in the 'human' capacity (to me that means opposing thumbs and the ability to problem solve AND apply reason and logic to new situations) it would have to somehow be out on it's own, so to speak, apart from the animal group soul.
That's because i don't see such things as punishments or getting 'held back' but i think there are some philosophies that do.

I think that the most probable scenario (just for kix) would be for one soul to act as a guardian angel with material influence or perhaps companionship being the additional quality the animal body would provide for the guardian spirit. That actually makes a whole lot of sense to me, having expressed it.

It seems to me that as our spiritual evolution is beginning to cross a significant threshold, all sentient creatures seem to be doing to same in various degrees. I see certain species somehow having a more human-like way about them and their group progress. And some of this has been recently documented such as the elephant being able to comprehend itself in a mirror.

In particular i have noticed that dogs - on a purely individual level - are really gaining ground in their partnership with us. I have a little poodle now that seems far too smart to just be a poodle. All three of my animals are more understandable to me than my animals in the past.

I have been told, and believe, that every pair of eyes in the animal kingdom is available for remote viewing, so to speak, by the humans on the other side...and really - if God is dog spelled backward it makes sense to me that

dog loves and
protects man
who seeks God
who guides dog
to care for man

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I have to go with some of things said here. Our dogs seem far TOO human at times and react in the same way a child would or an adult. I see this happening in different ways between the older dogs and the younger ones. Ther are human-like and know exactly when they have done wrong and you look at them cos they don't know where to look - almost like they get uncomfortable with you looking at them when they KNOW they have done wrong. I know that one of the religions, not sure Muslim or Hindu (maybe wrong on both) believe that a cow is hold due to the fact it may be a reincarnated relative. I may be so far out of my depth here but it truly is an interesting subject and I wouldventure to agree that soulds could possible migrate to different life forms on reincarnation.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Hindus believe in reincarnation,Muslims do not. The cow is viewed as being sacred by the Hindus.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
The karma operating in the astral world forces "souls" to reincarnate.

What does that say to you?

7A

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7Ayreon
The karma operating in the astral world forces "souls" to reincarnate.

What does that say to you?

7A

not a whole lot. I believe that a soul has the choice to reincarnate. Sometimes if certan requirements are not met by a soul then that soul will have to reincarnate in order to fulfill said requirements.

there is a certan order to the things and people in this life. We tend to meet the same people over and over and do the same things over and over. If we don't learn what we are suposed to or meet the person we are suposed to or leave this world owing a psychic debt we can be reincarnated to fullfill that obligation.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
There is no easy option to either be reincarnated or not. This debt can never be paid off if you believe in karma.

As an example, according to the law of karma, it is believed by many that if "X" assists a disabled person, "X" could be interfering with that person's karma, hence "X" would be punished with karmic debt for the interference. On the other hand, if "X" doesn't assist the disabled person, "X" could also be blamed for not assisting, and also incur karmic debt. How can "X" or anyone else know whether to act or not according to another's karma? "X" cannot know. Karma is a capricious system; it is devoid of justice. Even the purest of heart can and probably will be strapped with infinite karmic debt in this evil creation.

www.xeeatwelve.com...
The Spirit World

7A

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

not a whole lot. I believe that a soul has the choice to reincarnate. Sometimes if certan requirements are not met by a soul then that soul will have to reincarnate in order to fulfill said requirements.

there is a certan order to the things and people in this life. We tend to meet the same people over and over and do the same things over and over. If we don't learn what we are suposed to or meet the person we are suposed to or leave this world owing a psychic debt we can be reincarnated to fullfill that obligation.

I don't think we have a choice, per se, but we are also not forced to reincarnate. I simply see souls incarnating because thats what is needed for creation (existence) to continue. Im sure there are plenty of other souls who could have filled person X's shoes if he/she decided not to recincarnate

I don't think there are any requirements either, ie its not a test, rather, it is just one hell of a rollercoaster ride! At the highest level we are all one, so why would we need to test ourselves? I can easily see life being more of a game, for fun, rather than a test to prove to some other intelligence that we are either good or bad...i believe duality is a result of our current human situation, and does not exist outside what we call "the norm".

We have no obligation to do anything. We are not "useless" though, we are part of something, something with purpose, but its not like we are being decieved or led astray by "evil".

When we agreed to incarnate as humans on Earth at this current time, we also accepted the fact that we would not be able to remember who we really are, how to connect to our higher self etc. Why have humans been disconnected from who we really are? That is to do with the ascension, and the two past failed attempts of Atlantis and Lemuria, we have been restricted this time around to prevent a disaster at the "end date/2012" due to premature connection to the higherself.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I would love to help you out on this one but the truth is, no-one really knows do they.
My brother believes in it but I don't. Some will even tell you that they are experts on the matter and tell you what you want to know. It makes life a little more interesting don't you think.
Can you imagine if it was true and you had a choice of what to come back as. Now that would get the old gray matter working overtime.
Cheers.
John

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7Ayreon
There is no easy option to either be reincarnated or not. This debt can never be paid off if you believe in karma.

that has proven incorrect according to my experiences.

the formula for repayment was quite long but no interest accrued and now it is paid in full

i own my own soul

no one paid the debt for me but i was shown exactly how step by step
and i followed those steps to a T
and that T is the cross

i did a lot of it right here on ATS in full view
but you guys haven't seen it yet
at least not all of you the whole movie

i love you all

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
damnit i forgot my original post (as usual)

with God all things are possible
God is love
with love all things are possible
Love is God

repeat as needed

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by shearder

Any ideas
or comments
or a good, reliable, source on the net?

Thanks in advance.

the way i see it, is that 'answers' to your questions aren't found in any one or even few sources.....the answers/big-picture is spread over a wide area of 'things' that will cause you to understand....i.e., gain knowledge and wisdom to your question and quests.

for example, the world around you, & your own physiology, is basically an mini-scape that mimics or reflects or is an anology of the grander operations of the deeper 'things' you seek.

you seem to conceive that reincarnation is a series of progressions modeled after the Evolutionary Tree...which happen in linear time construct

i would suggest that the 'you' or 'self' exists in all the 'levels' that the human brain is known to have, & our spirit is believed to encompass....

-> check out a anatomy site, you'll see the brain (seat of intellect & a result of evolution) is sectioned after different phases of/& levels of consciousness,
there's the limbic brain, cortex, cerebral parts, etc

next, consider that 'you' live in a specific 'now' (call it timezone)
but there are another 23 'nows' (timezones) that exist side-by-side
and in concordance with your 'now' ...(think incarnation also)
here in this 'present' world!

the existance & reality around 'you' just scream that multiple incarnations
(opposed to re-incarnations) are already happening ?simeotaneously? sp?!

it's just that our minds don't readily accept nor can incorporate the fact that the 'I' is actually a 'We' ,

and the 'immortal self' is just a mis-defined notion of the actuality that
the 'I' (thru DNA) is spread through all the Universes/Dimensions as seemingly unique & distinct 'selves'...
just like the earth's time-zones mimic the division of a Day (aka 'now')

please don't openly give me a Yea or Nay, just digest the info i tried to present to you...& the others

thanks for your time,

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
maybe u could be reborn on another planet with intelligent species and depending how good u are in your lifes u could be reborn on a utopian like planet or a warlike planet not my beleifs just a thought though.....

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
maybe u could be reborn on another planet with intelligent species and depending how good u are in your lifes u could be reborn on a utopian like planet or a warlike planet not my beleifs just a thought though.....

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
It simply boils down to what you are willing to believe, cause no one has the absolute truth and if they claim they do, you should run from them.

I believe that free will was not a gift to this mud and blood I call my body, It was a gift to me. I had it before I came to this place and I chose to come here. I have free will now and I will continue to have it when I have left this place.

It is not a question of what are they going to do to me when I die, it is a question what do I want to do.

To be honest i'm coming right back. I like it here. The food is excellant, the company is fascinating and the sex is fantastic.

Just my thoughts on it,

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
me, too.

well, i don't plan on leaving yet
and of course it is up to me

i think i'd like to be 17 again
but definitely not a virgin

see you around my friend
and around
and around

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
... I chose to come here...

Just my thoughts on it,

I have also come to believe that we are given a choice to come back. One of the choices we make is who our mother and father will be based on the lesson/s we still need to learn. it can take a few years, minutes or a hundred years for us to find the "right mix" for us to come back and fulfill a new lesson/task etc.

top topics

join