It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surgical tags plan for sex offenders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2002 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Silicon chip to be inserted under skin

Martin Bright, home affairs editor
Sunday November 17, 2002
The Observer

Britain is considering a controversial scheme to implant surgically electronic tags in convicted paedophiles amid fears that the extent of the abuse of children has been massively underestimated.
www.observer.co.uk...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Added 'ex' tags

[edit on 9/11/06 by masqua]

posted on Nov, 19 2002 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The only way that kids would be safe from future offenses would be if they could scan for the presence of the tag *before* they got abducted or something...Does this mean that such scanners would start being issued to kids? When would the kids get the opportunity to *use* the scanner...Before or after they've already been violated?

The only thing such a tag would be good for in such cases would be to ID the offender *after* there's already been more offenses...There's no way it could *prevent* future offenses.

The only way to actually *prevent* future sex offenses would be to remove the offender's ability to *have* sex...

[Edited on 19-11-2002 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Chemical castration is a much better idea. Destroy their urge to molest children.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by JamesMcMahn
Chemical castration is a much better idea. Destroy their urge to molest children.

Excellent idea james, although the tags would be good in keeping track of sex offenders, in that they could not lie about their wherabouts. i think this could be a step in the right direction but i fear this may lead to the mark of the beast where chips for will eventually become normal. and if you refuse risk being branded a crimnal.
Castration sounds much better.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Then Ankle braclet with gps tracking like they have for people under house arrest?

[edit on 9-11-2006 by JamesMcMahn]

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   
As I see it, it is a VERY bad precedent to set.

Today sex offenders, tomorrow, violent criminals then all criminals.

Next will be chipping newborns-for their safety, of course

Next will be chipping those that receive government funds/housing.

Next will be average people, to speed purchases and for medical records if you are not awake.........

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I think we should just cut their "member" off.. That will teach them..

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Here we go people!

Oh laugh long and loud at me when i posted my RFID tag warnings a few months back did some of you not??!! Oh I do believe I got called some really naughty names because i said...." It will start with criminals that are feared the most so we won't object..Paedophiles.... " and i got roared at.. So I added a few links to make my point and caught the CT crapiola storm...

Cheers poster for posting this. I was right, and thats all i need to know.

The fully marked and numbered world is coming - the question is this.

Are you going to resist the mark of the beast?

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Now thats just inhumane chemical castration works and is nowhere near as painful.

new topics

top topics

join