It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They're Back: Phoenix Lights!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwatcher
A few things I don't understand. First off back in 97' there was alot of coverage of the sighting. Alot of people got exicited. After seeing how the public reacted, one would think that the air force would not run these tests of flares. Secondly if they were to continue testing do so where it would not be visible to the city of Phoenix. Thirdly, they say they do these test all the time, why are they not seen more often. Things just don't add up for me. I have seen the video and am amazed how the 3 seem to be perfectly horizontal. It confuses me as flares being droped from a plane(maybe a chopper) would be at slightly different altitudes. Also the one in the top left corner that the media failed to mention. Hell if I was that reporter I would have told the pilot to get closer, for a better shot or just to jugde the distance away from the city(looks right over it to me). Verifying the location is key to the claim that they were droped over a military area. It would have taken minutes to fly across the city. Why didn't they? Probable the USAF told them to stay put. Very fishy.

Anyways, later guys.

exactly. "those flares caused mass confusion i guess we should just do it again and warn them on the spot 10 years later, AND OH YEAH GUYS DROP THEM IN A V FORMATION ALSO
"

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I seriously can't believe that there are people who really think these are flares. I mean c'mon!! If I saw these lights in the sky with other people and someone said "They are flares." I would probably call them stupid. No, I'm not calling anyone here stupid. I apologize if I offended anyone.
But geeez.... flares?

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
They seem to be quite linear. And the lights cut on and off, and just appear in certain locations. A flare would need to be dropped into place. I didn't see any lights dropping into place. I would need more convincing proof to really believe the flare theory.

Troy

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by scooler1
It's been awhile, but I think if you take 91st ave south of baseline you can hook up with it. It takes you all the way behind south mtn. and almost to maricopa.

Yeah, I know where that is now. My gf kinda wants to move out there cuz the houses are so cheap but forget the commute, she's scared of aliens so I'll just tell her they hang around that area and the only way to be safe is to stay in the city...

But as far as the flares, I REALLy have seen them drop them, they just appear and they are linear cuz they drop so slow, that doesn't mean without a doubt that's what was seen here, since I didn't see them this time but I know what they looked like before and from very far away they may not have any flare characteristics, I was VERY close and until I saw the smoke I could almost feel the anal probe, lol.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I have never seen flares dropped but I'm having a hard time believing that flares can be linear. Linear means a straight line. The lights seen in Phoenix are linear. Flares dropped out of an airplane into the atmosphere with parachutes on them cannot be linear. No way.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I found a pretty interesting link, which seems to get at what I believe as well, that whenever there is a real sighting of something in the sky, the military drops flares to distract from the real UFO...

www.worldblend.net...

(some good video footage I've never seen as well)

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I'm completely unconvinced these are flares. Why has this only happened twice, in Arizona, near Phoenix? Where are the other videos that show this commonplace occurrence? Where else in the US? Where in the entire world? I spent about an hour on Google and couldn't find a single video or photo of flares that weren't clearly identifiable as flares...irregular luminescence, smoking, not lined up neatly in a row, drifting. Skeptics should seriously wonder why video presentations of this phenomenon are so entirely rare and localized. For those who insist they've seen flare drops that look like the Phoenix lights, please be so kind as to produce your videos for us. In their absence, one has to conclude the Phoenix videos do not show flares due to uncorroborating evidence.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Yuefo has a good point, I would really like to know why there are all of these inconsistencies.

The military/air force/whatever should just replicate on video launching some flares and record what they look like from both the planes view and the view from the ground. They should be able to replicate this on demand.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Though I would like to believe that the Phoenix lights were indeed a UFO, as a skeptic I have to consider that the last likely answer.

I think it is much more plausible that it was a Stealth Blimp for example, which is said to be huge, black colored, triangular shaped, can hover, and it is rumored to have been worked on by Lockheed Martin:
en.wikipedia.org...

Two good threads on this:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 11-2-2007 by MiahX]

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I don't know whether the old stealth blimp "rumored to have been worked on by Lockheed Martin" disinfo is going to persuade many people. Triangles and chevrons have been reported consistently since the '70s. If these are military, they're really keeping it under wraps, aren't they? ...except when they decide to parade it over a major metropolis. It's got to be pretty hard to be a skeptic these days.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I can accept the flare idea for this occurence, but there are still a few things that bother me about this....

Originally posted by observe50
The military knows well what occurred in 97. If they were going to do these exercises they could have said so they could have given date, time and so on that way people would have known but they didn't do this. However, it seems that they notified the news so they would have a copter up there and report, I don't think so.

..exactly, if the miltary were going to be dropping flares that would illumanate the skies of an entire city, you think they would give some sort of advance warning...and why would it be necessary to do such an operation over a civilian city???

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Did anybody read the link I provided, or any of my previous posts? You all keep acting like what is being said is they were flares and there's nothing else to it, which is not the case at all. And yes, they do drop flares over the Goldwater range quite frequently, I did see them up close but sorry I didn't have a camera so I guess you'll have to go on thinking I'm lying about it, whatever. Now take a look at the link I provided comparing flares to actual unexplained lights and going into how whenever there is an actual sighting of lights that can't be explained, the military drops flares in the same area very soon after in order to COVER UP the real sightings and cause exactly what's happening here. And I don't think the triangle craft was a stealth blimp, what military purpose would a stealth blimp serve?

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Here's a short clip highlighting some interesting points regarding the fox news video.
Latest Phoenix Lights Video-See What TV Didn't Show You

Just my opinion on the stealth blimp, wouldn't a massive blimp sort of defeat the purpose of stealth?

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Did the military folks actually say they drop the flares often, sometimes every couple weeks apart? With the clear weather in that region, would think there would be hundreds of videos, on different nights.
Years ago I watched a show in which the color given off the lights in Phoenix were analyzed, compared to the type of flares...and didn't add up. This might be a place to start this time. Since the military is so talkative, find out the type of flares used...

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by squiz
Here's a short clip highlighting some interesting points regarding the fox news video.
Latest Phoenix Lights Video-See What TV Didn't Show You

Right, and even at the bottom of that link it said they believed the lights were "not all flares", which pretty much coincides with my beliefs as well, the flares are meant as a distraction. With Luke and Davis Monthan so close, why would anybody discount that when they scramble fighters to intercept unknown objects in the sky, that they most likely send one on a flare drop mission to confuse the masses?

Just my opinion on the stealth blimp, wouldn't a massive blimp sort of defeat the purpose of stealth?

Yeah, I have no clue what one could do with a steath blimp, drop weapons? Spy? I think we have better means of doing both.

Originally posted by lyingunderoath
Did the military folks actually say they drop the flares often, sometimes every couple weeks apart? With the clear weather in that region, would think there would be hundreds of videos, on different nights.

They do drop them often, Goldwater is a military testing range for two major AFB's. Our weather is not always that clear and here in the city we're surrounded by mountains so they would only be visible if they are dropped high enough, which is why it is rare they are seen here. People outside the city closer to the range are used to it so it's nothing new to them, that's why there aren't hundreds of videos. And what makes me believe that when they are visible from the city, the military is covering something, is because there really would be no reason to drop a flare that high, they're used to light up ground targets. So when we can see them here, they want us to.

Years ago I watched a show in which the color given off the lights in Phoenix were analyzed, compared to the type of flares...and didn't add up. This might be a place to start this time. Since the military is so talkative, find out the type of flares used...

In the link I posted a couple posts back, it goes into the light spectrum flares remain in and their characteristics compared to a couple videos of lights that likely weren't flares filmed on nights before high altitude flare drops, supporting my beliefs even further, IMO.

[edit on 12-2-2007 by 27jd]

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
This opens a whole new chpater in the TPL saga.

If these were to be military flares, why weren't they seen before the 10 year mark? Why weren't they a relatively common sight for the people of Phoenix?

The fact that they have only just returned as it is nearing the 10th anniversary of the original event makes one wonder is Phoenix being monitored for something by something otherworldly?

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AussieNutter
This opens a whole new chpater in the TPL saga.

If these were to be military flares, why weren't they seen before the 10 year mark? Why weren't they a relatively common sight for the people of Phoenix?

The fact that they have only just returned as it is nearing the 10th anniversary of the original event makes one wonder is Phoenix being monitored for something by something otherworldly?

OMG. Sorry to seem frustrated but people, they are a common sight, just not in the valley because of altitude altitude altitude, and for the millionth time I believe they drop them high, in sight of the valley when they want to muddy a real sighting...

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Why bother spending so much time trying to prove they are not flares? If someone looks at those lights and thinks they are flares then I doubt you could convince them otherwise with scientific data.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I don't buy the stealth blimp idea either. Blimps are slow and have extremely limited maneuverability. If I was a pilot I certainly wouldn't want to fly a helium filled blimp over enemy airspace with, hello!!! bright lights giving off heat-seeking missile loving signatures. The stealth blimp wasn't so stealth in Phoenix was it?.
Blimps are round thereby easy to be picked up by radar too.
The stealth blimp is disinfo IMO. It doesn't exist.

[edit on 13-2-2007 by Ace_SD]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   
perhaps I can shed some light on this issue....

Do we know the wind speed for the area in question at the time of night everyone saw the lights?

I know from experience that flare light fluctuates under even the slightest wind and doesn't at all stay in the same place unless its on the ground already. If you have even the most basic of basic video cameras, you can see IR to some degree. Try it with your cell phone and any remote control. Same goes for DV cams and so on. There should be some brightness fluctuations if it was indeed a flare. I've never seen anything burn evenly when dropped into thinner atmosphere and high winds. So, we need to research the weather conditions a bit for that area.

Please forgive me if I missed it in another thread, there are so many now!

Anyways...

I've seen arrays of flares dropped from aircraft, all sorts have their own "chaff" for countering heat seeking missiles.

This is another configuration that floats in the air for a little while, but hits ground just like you see here and keeps burning to mark a bombing target.

They don't hold their place in the air for very long as they are heavy and the parachute isn't very large.

I'll post more when I have more. Thank you all for the great observations.

[edit on 2/13/2007 by TheExaminer]

[edit on 2/13/2007 by TheExaminer]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join