It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They're Back: Phoenix Lights!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by cybertroy
Truthfully, it is actually disheartening that you can't post about UFOs on a forum named ATS (Above Top Secret) without a bunch of "over-skeptics" dancing out of the woodwork to "insistently" show us we don't know what we are seeing. Notice I said "over-skeptics," because all of us can be skeptical given questionable evidence. I don't buy into every theory by any means.

And at the same time there are many "over-believers" here who will deny and ignore ANY evidence that a UFO isn't an alien craft to a point in which they resemble religious fanatics but instead of insisting those that question their beliefs are going to hell, they call them 'sheeple' and government disinfo agents. I believe that aliens visit here, but I don't accept every photo or video as evidence of that.

Anyway, those Pheonix lights were very well placed if they were flares. That's quite a feat coming from a moving airplane.

Besides that, wouldn't we see them dropping into place, and not just lighting up in a specific locations if they were flares?

Again, I've watched them drop those amber colored flares in a perfect row from very close driving past the Goldwater range, it's really not hard if it's not windy. And like another poster noted it was about an hour and a half outside of Phoenix, SO my thoughts are that when there are sighting of UFO's over the valley, the military may drop flares CLOSER and HIGHER so we all see them in order to say it was flare activity. And instead of focusing on the actual UFO, we all argue over flares, which may be their intent and if so it's working perfectly.

So who's the 'sheeple'? The one who sees past real disinfo, or the one who follows a cunning shepherd while thinking they are not?

[edit on 8-2-2007 by 27jd]

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Good analysis by Rich Giordano from Phoenix to prove
they were not flares. Check here:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I was Flying into Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport from the East on MONDAY night. I had a window seat facing SOUTH. I saw FOUR(maybe 5) orbs south of the South Mountain Range. They were clearly visible during my entire descent. They were really spread out, not nearly as close as the TUESDAY footage. That is why it was tough for me to see if there was a fifth.

As we were approching the runway, the view of them was obscured by the South Mountain Range, so they were flying pretty low.

I shrugged it off and forgot to check any UFO forums that night to see if anyone else reported it.

I nearly pooped my pants when I saw the news last night here in PHX that they were spotted again Tuesday night.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
This photo of the Feb 6, 2007 Phoenix lights courtesy of a C2C listener

Photo credit
www.coasttocoastam.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by phxdood
I was Flying into Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport from the East on MONDAY night. I had a window seat facing SOUTH. I saw FOUR(maybe 5) orbs south of the South Mountain Range.

Exactly. Which is right where the Goldwater range is, south. Which is right where they were filmed in '97, and on Tuesday, south. They drop flares much more often than many here are implying, just not far enough north or high enough for them to be visible above the South and Estrella mountains. Again, as many here have also said that doesn't explain the large triangle craft seen in '97 and I suspect that they dropped those flares where we would see them that night on purpose, to cloud up the whole sighting.

This time however, it's part of a 2 week long training excercise and for those of you calling for them to repeat it, they did, last night just like they said they would....

It was seen for miles.

Valley residents called the ABC15 newsroom reporting saucer-shaped lights in the western sky late Tuesday evening.

Witnesses said it appeared the flares were flying in a formation.

Then, it happened again on Wednesday evening.
phoenix360.com...

I dunno if maybe something else was seen that prompted them to launch this 2 week excercise though, so I will keep my eyes open for lights that are not flares...

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I just finished watching this video of the lights at the NBC affiliate WYKC site.
You need windows media player to view the video:

wm.wkyc.gannett.edgestreams.net...

Note how the 4 lights are colinear - definitely an amazing feat for flares.

Note at sec 33 in the video how a 5th light appears, goes up in the air out of alignment with the other 4, then fades out. And again at sec 48.

The story posted with this video quotes the military as saying these are their "amber" flares. Does that mean the lights should look yellow? These are definitely a blue-white.

Link to story and video source:
www.wkyc.com...

[edit on 8-2-2007 by lotusland]

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
The video won't play for me even though I have media player, wierd. But the lights in the still photo in the article just look like a camera that doesn't pick up color well, I dunno, but regardless the fact that it happened again last night, just like the military said it would will likely be ignored. They said it'll be 2 weeks so i'll have my cell phone handy (just got a new one with a camera).

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
27jd: try going to the story itself (link already posted). They have an embedded player on the site which will show the video.

The previous picture I posted is not from this video. I have to say, even though the video is shaky at times (oh how I wish people carried tripods with them!), it's reasonably good.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by squiz
This was a setup, a cover story a distraction call it what you will. It's happened many times before a legitimate sighting with sound witness testimony followed by shortly by a hoax to distract and cast doubt on the real thing. Only question is why now?

You nailed it. This FOX story is such BS. Notice how they didn't mention the people at 19th Ave & Indian School Rd. that saw the triangular craft DIRECTLY OVERHEAD back in 1997? What about the small aircraft that experienced the near collsion with it north of Phoenix back in 1997? What about the Air Traffic Controllers that saw it fly over the airport back in 1997?

This story is simply a disinformation campaign. The flare drops had NOTHING to do with the actual Phoenix Lights sightings over the city back in 1997.

This "story" is just that: a "story". Take some video, create a narrative, and spoon feed it to the general public.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
This story is simply a disinformation campaign. The flare drops had NOTHING to do with the actual Phoenix Lights sightings over the city back in 1997.

This "story" is just that: a "story". Take some video, create a narrative, and spoon feed it to the general public.

I'm glad there are a few who agree with me on this. We gotta stop debating flares dropped south of the valley and focus on whatever they're trying to take our attention away from...

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

I was Flying into Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport from the East on MONDAY night. I had a window seat facing SOUTH. I saw FOUR(maybe 5) orbs south of the South Mountain Range.

Exactly. Which is right where the Goldwater range is, south. Which is right where they were filmed in '97, and on Tuesday, south. They drop flares much more often than many here are implying, just not far enough north or high enough for them to be visible above the South and Estrella mountains. Again, as many here have also said that doesn't explain the large triangle craft seen in '97 and I suspect that they dropped those flares where we would see them that night on purpose, to cloud up the whole sighting.

This time however, it's part of a 2 week long training excercise and for those of you calling for them to repeat it, they did, last night just like they said they would....

It was seen for miles.

Valley residents called the ABC15 newsroom reporting saucer-shaped lights in the western sky late Tuesday evening.

Witnesses said it appeared the flares were flying in a formation.

Then, it happened again on Wednesday evening.
phoenix360.com...

I dunno if maybe something else was seen that prompted them to launch this 2 week excercise though, so I will keep my eyes open for lights that are not flares...

Well, they were in front of the Estrella MNT range. They were not totally south towards the base/border, they were towards the south west.

What I saw was hovering between the two mountain ranges and low, very close to the Valley... above Belt line Rd.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Well, they were in front of the Estrella MNT range. They were not totally south towards the base/border, they were towards the south west.

Well, it's a big patch of desert out there the Goldwater range encompasses a huge area south/southwest of us. Just curious how you know they were in front of the mountains, and what color were the lights you saw? I live near the new stadium, by Luke and there have been ALOT more F-16's up lately.

What I saw was hovering between the two mountain ranges and low, very close to the Valley... above Belt line Rd.

Not sure where Belt line is, perhaps you mean Baseline?

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Beltline Rd runs behind or south of the South Mtn. range, but correct me if I'm wrong.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
You may be right, I've just never been to that road, Baseline is the farthest south up to South Mountain, perhaps Beltline is more near the Estrella mountains, not much over that way, well there wasn't until now they're building all those houses out there...

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
It's been awhile, but I think if you take 91st ave south of baseline you can hook up with it. It takes you all the way behind south mtn. and almost to maricopa.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by T0by
Seems abit odd,
why 10 yrs later, why at this time when other stuff is happening,
why over the city, why if it's training do they only need to train for this once every 10 years.

I didn't know flares travel horizontally for so long either?

Good question. Here are mine...
Do flares float?
How is that the military can actually make it so that a number of flares are lined up horizontally like that?
Why are seeing those lights at each end of this 'formation' going off and then on again?

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Hey pal, i pretty much asked those very same questions in an earlier thread but know one seemed to take notice. I find it funny that some skeptics will claim these are flares but theyre unable to answer these simple questions.
Like; How do these so called flares all remain at the same altitude, seeming to be evenly spaced apart and all moving in a synchronized fashion.
If these were free falling/floating objects they would surely drift apart and the wind currents would cause at least one to float at a different speed, which would cause them to be at different altitudes.
They are all so perfectly lined up, there is no way these are independent floating objects.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
check out the pic here:
www.nationalledger.com...

kind of looking like those "pill" ufos the ex airforce pilot saw..

or they could just be military flares like the govt suggests.

it would help if I had included the pic the first time I posted

[edit on 2-7-2007 by worldwatcher]

Nice find WW.

This almost looks like the same pic from that air force guy.

Edit: spelling

[edit on 8-2-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
A few things I don't understand. First off back in 97' there was alot of coverage of the sighting. Alot of people got exicited. After seeing how the public reacted, one would think that the air force would not run these tests of flares. Secondly if they were to continue testing do so where it would not be visible to the city of Phoenix. Thirdly, they say they do these test all the time, why are they not seen more often. Things just don't add up for me. I have seen the video and am amazed how the 3 seem to be perfectly horizontal. It confuses me as flares being droped from a plane(maybe a chopper) would be at slightly different altitudes. Also the one in the top left corner that the media failed to mention. Hell if I was that reporter I would have told the pilot to get closer, for a better shot or just to jugde the distance away from the city(looks right over it to me). Verifying the location is key to the claim that they were droped over a military area. It would have taken minutes to fly across the city. Why didn't they? Probable the USAF told them to stay put. Very fishy.

Anyways, later guys.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
We are thinking that the Phoenix lights are back. But with ufos we can never really be sure that they ever left. Or, that ufo may have been back many times since 1997 but in its invisible mode. That would mean that it's a calculated move on the alien's part to be seen by us at this time.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join