It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They're Back: Phoenix Lights!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Flares? Come on, Flares don't go out and turn back on, No smoke was seen above the lights, none at all, If a flare was that big, there would be some smoke, even those little road side ones put out some smoke.

[edit on 7-2-2007 by dawgjay]

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicaRose
My husband wanted me to ask this question.

Do flares hover and stay suspended in air?

No they don't

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Yawn.

The flares are EXTREMELY bright, and probably very, very small, any amount of smoke would have to be viewed througha telescope with massive glare reduction. The reason why you think it's closer than they really are is because of the intense light. It makes them look bigger, appear closer. They're designed to be viewable from extreme distances.

They're not 'suspended' in air, they just drop slowly. It's like trying to watch the sun or moon move, you simply don't.

Anything else?

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I still think it is a cover by the military. Flares seem to be a good cover-up.

I still feel as if something is up, it hasn't passed yet.

Time will tell.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   

0.02$

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
OK, I haven't read every page but I need to post before I forget what I want to say.

I really don't think this is a military exercise. Many of you have already commented on the way the light are all lined up. I also have seen the flares that the news channel says they are. Flares do not stay in a straight line. When falling, which these lights don't seem to do, real flares illuminate the chute they are under and give off a lot of smoke that also becomes illuminated. Didn't see any of that.

The Barry Goldwater range is south and west of Phx, where the pilot says these were in relation to the valley but I still think that it would be hard for someone to see on the ground, some mt. ranges could be in the way depending on where you are. I'm not sure how far away,in miles, the range is from Phx but the many years of driving down to Rocky Point from Phx remind me that we drove for at least an hour before we got into the range. The highway went right through it and some years we would see many jets bombing stuff in the desert, very cool to see BTW.

The new pilot said that the lights/flares were about 10 to 12,000ft up. Like others have said, I don't see them illuminating much from that high up. Also, I wonder what his altitude was at the time of the footage.

I would like someone here to see if they can figure it out if it is possible to see these lights from the ground. I think you will need to know distances and stuff. I will try to find out what these are and post.

Definitely not flares, IMO.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I spend lots of time in the Mojave desert 4 wheelin and every once in a while some amateur astro work.

I frequent the area near 29 Palms in SoCal. Once a week or so, they have wargames at the 29 Palms base of the desert mountain. In some cases you can see (flash of light) and hear the mortar rounds they fire on the floor of the mountain. In rare cases they send up flares. Mind you, this bombing area is probably 15 - 20 miles away from where I go. But you can clearly make out the lights by the flares. You can NOT determine if they are flares until you break out the astro scopes in which even at 25x power you can see smoke. They can be in the air for atleast 10 minutes that I have seen. They do in fact come down about the same rate, but it is very difficult to tell if they are hovering or not without a point of reference. Something that far away, one could not tell.

It is too bad we all don't carry around some powerful binoculars.

If there is not anyone who has zoomed in on these lights with pictures, we will never know what they were.

[edit on 7-2-2007 by Stockburn]

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
One thing I want to so is that, if the lights were "parachute flares" they would have burned up a long time before the video was over... the average time for coast guard approved flares to burn out is 30 seconds. Even if they were dropped from planes we would see the light cleary moving. Note in the video there are 4 Constant lights, then we see a fifth light appear then disappear... in less than 30 seconds. This is when the commentator mentions the flares, but we then see a second light appear and disappear. But note that the other four lights are still stationary with their luminosity never diminishing. Then, we see in the top right corner another light, but what's curious is that the light moves in a straight line. IF the flare would have been dropped for an airplane you would expect for it to have a sloped descent. But then the light stops, then it accelerates and then the camera switches to the commentator.

I dunno, flares.. I ain't buying it. IMO

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Lots'a 'feel' involved in your comments there. The thing is, you can't really get a sense of how far away they are, and they're very, Very far away, way across the mountains, twice or more the length To the actual mountain. They're just so damn luminous you can't get a 'feel' for where they actually are, this was the case in Many original testimonies.

Drop it people.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
If flares are designed to light up the environment even hundreds of feet below them then they probably would light up any smoke trails immediately next to them. So, lights such as the ufo over Phoenix can not be flares since there are no smoke trails visible. Also, flares do not line up the precise way that the Phoenix ufo lights are lined up. Flares tend to descend unevenly.

Here is a comparison of the original Phoenix lights and flares. It clearly shows the difference between the neatly lined up Phoenix lights and the long trails of smoke and random arrangement of flares.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
here's a clip of a flare drop in action. The flares are lit, in sequence, are in a line, and show almost no smoke once they start floating down. This is even during low daylight (not night time). The aircraft (A-10?) immediately leaves the area while the flares light up the sky and appear almost motionless. Looks like he (or a buddy) circles around for another drop a bit later.

I apologize for the 95% of the 2 min. clip that has nothing to do with flares at all. The part you want to see is at about the 1:43 mark.

Just to add to the amusement...

Flare drop%/day/Taliban

[edit on 2/7/2007 by Outrageo]

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo
here's a clip of a flare drop in action. The flares are lit, in sequence, are in a line, and show almost no smoke once they start floating down. This is even during low daylight (not night time). The aircraft (A-10?) immediately leaves the area while the flares light up the sky and appear almost motionless. Looks like he (or a buddy) circles around for another drop a bit later.

I apologize for the 95% of the 2 min. clip that has nothing to do with flares at all. The part you want to see is at about the 1:43 mark.

Flare drop%/day/Taliban

Those are to stop heat seeking missiles, so they are not the same .

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo

Flare drop%/day/Taliban

Those flares are completely uneven in their descent and varied in their spacing between each other...nothing like the evenly fixed and leveled Phoenix lights. There is no comparison between the two.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Simple logic here everyone, if they are military flares then why doesn't the military just tell everyone that they will recreate the situation again on a specific date and time?

Sounds simple enough to me, if they say it is flares.....show us.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
i find it really suspicious that according to them. ONLY TWICE have they dropped flares over phoenix and arizona and both times they did it in a V formation....... it is not procedure to drop flares over a city especially ONCE every 10 years??????? why not every 2 years? doesnt make any sense

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
The military can come up with however many excuses they want, but they will never be able to discount the eye witness testimony of the hundreds of people who saw the giant V shaped craft that blocked out the stars when it passed over peoples homes.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by red eye agnostic
i find it really suspicious that according to them. ONLY TWICE have they dropped flares over phoenix and arizona and both times they did it in a V formation....... it is not procedure to drop flares over a city especially ONCE every 10 years??????? why not every 2 years? doesnt make any sense

I agree. Some people here would make you believe this has happened many times since the original occurance. If that is so where are the pictures? We must have more than a few people that live in the Phoenix area that can confirm this has happened since then.

I can not say these are not flares, BUT, it is odd that it is happening again at this time. I still say someone is trying to cover something up.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
The important thing to note in the 97 incident is that people started seeing the lights way north of Phx. They then travelled over the valley and continued to be seen way south of Phx. They stayed in the same formation and, I think, the same altitude.

That fact alone disproves any military flare theory.

I don't think that we have enough info on this incident yet. I would like to know the duration that they were visible and exactly where in relation to the valley.

My parents still live in Phx but they were no help. Neither of them saw them.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I think it was just a military helicopter turning its spotlight on and off, to act as a cover story, once they received confirmation that the news was filming.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by elcaro
I think it was just a military helicopter turning its spotlight on and off, to act as a cover story, once they received confirmation that the news was filming.

heh, we will see how many people have videos and pictures and how long the distance covered by the lights are in order to see what these things are

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join