It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They're Back: Phoenix Lights!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Heres another pic don't know how to upload yet

www.abc15.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo
I'm sorry to disappoint you - but I'm speaking from direct, empirical, repeated experience of precisely this phenomena. What've you got?

WoooooHoooooo! Outrageo! What I have are your own photos!

If you were trying to impress on us the similartiy between flares and the Phoenix lights then, please sir, post flares that show the similarity rather than DIS-similarity. The photos you posted are not going to convince anyone that the Phoenix lights were flares. Since you have so much experience with flares it should be easy for you to post a few photos of flares that do not display a thick smoke cloud and which are in a rigid formation. I would be very interested in seeing such photos.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Outrageo, I do not doubt you considering you are/were in the miltary, but how close would you have to be to see the smoke from the flares??..It just seems all to convienent again...

Maybe they (govt) are covering something up by doing this( as mentioned in earlier posts)

Roz47

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I have been looking into the Phoenix lights myself and have read hundreds of accounts stating that there were two events that happened that night.

The USAF scrambled Jets to investigate the lights. You would think that the military would communicate that these were flares. Apparently there were flares launched in order to divert attention away from the other lights. The strange part is that these lights traveled from once city to another...I don't know of any flares that can do that...does anyone else know of any?

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Let me just ay that I SAW THE 1997 PHOENIX LIGHTS WITH MY OWN EYES. There were TWO seperate sightings that night. The one I saw was A GIANT, NOISLESS, SOLID, object that flew directly over head. I can GUARANTEE you that what I saw was NOT FLARES. There were the other sightings that happened later that night which doo look similar to the objects seen last night. I did not see those that night, or last. I will be keeping a closer eye on the skies again here in Phoenix!

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo
I'm sorry to disappoint you - but I'm speaking from direct, empirical, repeated experience of precisely this phenomena. What've you got?

I have actually posted this before on the phoenix lights, but the lights that were filmed to the south of the valley were flares, and they do it more than every ten years, about five years ago I was driving to San Diego very late at night, heading south when all of the sudden right next to the highway a huge orange light just appeared out of nowhere, i almost pee'd, lol. Then another and another, they looked exactly like the lights that were filmed except I was right under them, after a few moments though, smoke trails were clearly visible as they slowly dropped, then they kind of fizzled out and another row was dropped, then I saw the lights from the plane dropping them and also what appeared to be tracer fire in the distance. That doesn't explain the triangle shaped craft that was seen though, and my thoughts are if there is any kind of strange sightings in the valley area, they drop flares closer to the city so they can say that's what it was, I wonder if there was something else that was seen....

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Look - I don't want to rain on anybody's parade. Nor do I wish to seem as some know-it-all grunt. I don't know everything. I don't mean to belittle anyone. I'm just saying the video clip in the OP looks EXACTLY like something I'm familiar with in my own experience and which has been independently identified the same way - by the narrator of that very clip and in many independent accounts as well.

Last time: The large, southbound, slowly moving v-shaped craft in '97 is a distinct and separate observation than the row of 'flare-like' lights over the Estrella Mountains visible the same evening. Yes - I agree already. I'm not saying that 'craft-like' visual sighting looked anything like flares at all.

I want to believe folks - just present any argument or observation that is slightly convincing and I'll be thrilled. But so far, no such persuasive, thoughtful assessment has been forthcoming. I'm open to it - just bring it! I do want to believe - but feel we must go with the most plausible explanation. Thus - until something better comes forward (for me at least) this clip appears more like flares I'm familiar with than anything else.

BTW - depending on weather conditions, type of flare, etc. - you would need to be within a few miles of the drop to see the smoke. Though I've seen the smoke, even at a great distance, through a pair of binoculars.

The OP video is still much appreciated - thanks for posting it. Even the controversial/adversarial attacks are appreciated: keeps me on my toes and humble...

Thanks...

[edit on 2/7/2007 by Outrageo]

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I detect a pattern beginning to develop in this ufo flap. We have major sightings over Phoenix, Chicago, and London. It seems that the aliens may be focusing their flybys on major cities in 2007. It wouldn't surprise me if there are reports soon of ufos over New York or L.A.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyWay
I detect a pattern beginning to develop in this ufo flap. We have major sightings over Phoenix, Chicago, and London. It seems that the aliens may be focusing their flybys on major cities in 2007. It wouldn't surprise me if there are reports soon of ufos over New York or L.A.

Hey! You admitted we're a major city!

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Hey! You admitted we're a major city!

Of course you're a major city. It's only when you are compared to places such as Chicago that you seem more like a quaint village. A think Phoenix is a charming little place. Isn't Homer Simpson from there?

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Sorry to disappoint you guys but Chicago and Phoenix don't even rate in the top 100 cities worldwide. If we start to see them over Mumbai, Delhi, Moscow, Tokyo, etc. then there's a pattern.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
Sorry to disappoint you guys but Chicago and Phoenix don't even rate in the top 100 cities worldwide. If we start to see them over Mumbai, Delhi, Moscow, Tokyo, etc. then there's a pattern.

Perhaps the aliens don't consider those other cities significant enough to make an appearance. The aliens have some standards afterall.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
These sightings of ufos over major metropolitan areas have occurred in a matter of a few weeks. So, 2007 could be an intense year. If the aliens are ever going to openly reveal themselves to people it will probably beging with mass sightings over heavily populated areas...no more isolated sightings in woodlands.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Perhaps the aliens don't consider those other cities significant enough to make an appearance. The aliens have some standards afterall.

I agree, maybe they want to go somewhere that if they have to make an emergency landing, the population isn't so hungry they get eaten...

[edit on 7-2-2007 by 27jd]

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
you guys are thinking way 2 small lol ...afterall for all we know there could be WAY more to all this than we think.

something is definetly happening and i cant say for the better or worse of the earth....we will just have to find out. give it time im sure "they" have an agenda and reason for being here and showing themselves so much ....

to think they have the technology to travel countless numbers of lightyears to reach earth the posssiblity of stealth on their ships is tremendous....so if they wanted to they could make it so no one on earth could detect them or even acknowlege that they exist.

so why show themselves over phoenix in full view of everyone...

and 1 more thing ....did they say when the lights left? or how they dissapeared????

~Kind Regards Mayan2012

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Since when do flares ignore gravity, holding position, do not fall to ground at all...and where are the planes that dropped them?

They did drop, and all video analysis shows they did, and slowly, and for a total duration consistent with LUUB-2 flares.

The planes were A-10's from the Maryland National Guard, Operation Snowbird, flying out of the nearby AF base.

Now, as to the 8pm event, that's a different story....many claim to have seen a solid V-shaped craft....but the 10pm event, that was video-taped, etc. is proven fairly conclusively to be flares.....

And yes, it HAS been duplicated, and can be seen in a few documentaries, most notably the Phoenix Lights doc done for the Travel Channel last Feb...

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
They did drop, and all video analysis shows they did, and slowly, and for a total duration consistent with LUUB-2 flares.

Yeah, they do drop very slowly, and as for the plane question military planes aren't lit up like commerical planes, I didn't notice the plane that was dropping flares right next to me until it's second run...

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Since when do flares ignore gravity, holding position, do not fall to ground at all...and where are the planes that dropped them?

The planes were A-10's from the Maryland National Guard, Operation Snowbird, flying out of the nearby AF base.

Now, as to the 8pm event, that's a different story....many claim to have seen a solid V-shaped craft....but the 10pm event, that was video-taped, etc. is proven fairly conclusively to be flares.....

And yes, it HAS been duplicated, and can be seen in a few documentaries, most notably the Phoenix Lights doc done for the Travel Channel last Feb...

Sheep(le): Look! There are Lights in the Sky!
Gulagment shill: Just flares dropped by an airplane!
Sheep(le): But they're not falling to earth, they're ignoring gravity, they're not behaving like flares, and where are the airplanes?
Gulagment shill: No! They did fall to earth, they're not ignoring gravity, they're just flares and it's just to dark to see the planes! Move along nothing to see here!
Sheep(le): Fine, they're flares (walks away)

Same conversation with a truthseeker

Truthseeker: Look! There are Lights in the Sky!
Gulagment shill: Just flares dropped by an airplane!
Truthseeker: But they're not falling to earth, they're ignoring gravity, they're not behaving like flares, and where are the airplanes?
Gulagment shill: No! They did fall to earth, they're not ignoring gravity, they're just flares and it's just to dark to see the planes! Move along nothing to see here!
Truthseeker: I'm not blind, i've got common sense...you know. I know what i'm seeing!
Gulagment shill: Look again, they're just flares. Can't you see that?! You're just another UFO nut. You're insane! Move along!
Truthseeker: Go away, I don't wanna hear your lies. Thank you.

0.02$

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Dude, I've seen the flares dropped up close on that very range (Goldwater), with my own eyes. They fall very slowly, and I saw the plane with one small barely visible blinking white light and even tracer fire. They were doing combat excercises, so yes the plane is dark for the very reason that in combat you prolly don't want to be lit up for everybody and their grandma to shoot down. That doesn't mean nothing happened and this "sheeple" thinks they intentionally drop the flares closer to the valley when they want to cover up something else in the sky...

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
My husband wanted me to ask this question.

Do flares hover and stay suspended in air?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join