It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They're Back: Phoenix Lights!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 03:47 AM
link   
to me it looks as though they are moving with the helicopter but the could just be cos of the distance they are from the chopper. They certainly look like flare butthere behaviour dosn't. like someone sed above youd think they would be fallin a bit but they stay in almost perfect aleignment and dont look as if they are dropping and also would they move across the entire city they did in 1997??? i dunno still dont really clear it up for me.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Whether or not it's flares, military, news channels responsible this is an event that amazingly his reappeared on it's ten year anniversary. It is doing exactly the same thing in the sky that the 1997 sighting did.

This leads me to choose one of two paths:

1. It's real, aliens have revisited us in which case every news channel would be on this story in a flash, oh but wait Fox got the exclusive didn't they?? strange that....

2. The military or SOME GROUP have recreated it to prove that one of the most famous UFO cases in the world were flares.

In any case something about this really really stinks. Come on, 10 years after and lo and behold their back. Someone is playing with us. I would really like to believe this to be ET but I have a sinking feeling that this may finally put to bed one of my favourite UFO cases ever.

Here's hoping.

Regards

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Looking through the news articles it seems pretty evident it was military:

"It turns out the lights were military flares dropped on the Barry Goldwater Range to light up targets they were trying to hit. It was a training exercise out of the Marine Corps Air Station Yuma.

The FAA also reported Luke Air Force Base had six F-16's that were also out on the range practicing ground attacks. They were also using flares."

I really don't know what to make of this...

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 04:28 AM
link   
This is clearly an attempt to delegitimise the 1997 Phoenix Lights.
Texbook execution. I cant believe some people are actually buying all this...

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I just hope everyone remembers the OTHER SIDE of the Phoenix Lights story, the days and times prior to the infamous night and the sightings reported. I'm sure there were flares flying across the sky then too.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 05:07 AM
link   
how can flares stay stationary & defy gravity?

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 07:09 AM
link   
yep im not so sure on the flares idea..

The fox footage is rather good, i eagerly await to see footage from the public on this one..

Again the lights are too stationery and too straight for the flares story to wash with me.

This may just be another sighting.

Ive just no idea why that chopper pilot never tried to get as close as humanly possible to those lights, goddam sure i would be flying like a nam vet , hugging the ground low till i was nearly right underneath them then flying up for a closer look.

Im not sure if its restricted airspace due to the "supposed" training flares, but id be getting a lot closer than that chopper pilot.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 07:57 AM
link   
The other lights happened on March 13, 1997. There is a man who has a company out there in Phoenix that's examined the 97 lights and he said and showed on TV that those could not have been flares in 97. I will go with this man and the computers and equipment he used to study the event.

If this was flares maybe they are doing this because of all the sightings going on and they are trying to cover and say see this is what it is.

I think everyone now more then ever has to keep a camera in hand and be prepared so we can put these military and news people in there place.

Something is up

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   

isnt it illegal to drop flares in a civilian area?

There's a couple different testing ranges very close to the city, where exercises could be seen from the city, and appear to be closer than they actually are.

Mysterious lights have been photographed and video-taped prior to and after the major event that made national news years ago... I doubt that all of them are flares or aircraft, but some likely are, and at least the 10pm sighting over Phoenix that was so big certainly seemed to be flares from the evidence.

However, that still leaves some as unexplained, and worthy of further investigation at least....

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Hi everyone...Why would the miltary need flares for bombing runs..Don't we have infared, nightvison equipment??...I wouldn't think you would want to light up the field during war...

Agree something is up...

Roz47

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   
This is not a military operation. The military wants people to forget about the Phoenix lights not be reminded of them. Setting off a bunch of flares over Phoenix in the same pattern of the original Phoenix lights is not in keeping with military objectives to keep ufos out of the public's mind.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I can't see how those flares would illuminate the ground? Although they're bright enough to be seen in the sky surely it would barely make the ground that visible for training excersices? Also why the hell would they need flares to light up the ground? Don't they use night vision?

Edit: I see Roz47 thinks the same

[edit on 7-2-2007 by cainey]

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
These flares are alleged to output 2million candle power. That's a lot of light! Given that degree of illumination shouldn't we be able to detect the smoke thath the flares produce as well as their parachutes? It would seem even cursory examination of the photographs shouel reveal the presenewce of the chutes if they are in fact there.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I think flares are still used to illuminate a large area at one time, in order to get the most out of a night attack. It is possible that they could confuse ground troops and make it more difficult to engage the attacking warplanes.

I hunt on a ranch near a large military base; and have witnessed several night attack training exercises by helicopters utilizing flares. The first time it was very spooky; but now we kind of know what to watch for.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roz47
Hi everyone...Why would the miltary need flares for bombing runs..Don't we have infared, nightvison equipment??...I wouldn't think you would want to light up the field during war...

Agree something is up...

Roz47

Exactly. Not only does the military have cross beam ground radar, they also have infrared, night vision and accurate GPS. Its almost as though the silly flare drop exercise were invented just for this explanation.

In addition: The guy in the helicopter said “they drop the flares to light up the ground so the other aircraft can come in and bomb the target.” Light up the ground? From all the way up there? I didn’t see much ground being lighten up. Surely if they wanted to light up the ground they would do without the whole parachute and dropping them from 12000 feet business.

The real question of course is why did they do this hoax?
To try convince people that the original lights were military flare drops as well?
In that case, why is it so important that 10 years on they risk reopening the case just to tell everyone the same story again, but with more evidence?
Is it a cover or a distraction? What’s their motive in timing this 10 years on?

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Actually, the military is probably in a fit of rage that this ufo has returned when people had almost forgotten about it. Now it's back in the public's mind.

If the alien's are able to time travel, it may seem, from their perspective, that only a few seconds have passed since their original appearance.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
Very nice. . . So, does this close the chapter on what the phoenix lights were ten years ago?

It does in my book. .

Welcome to ATS

Yeah, it closes the book all except for the thousands upon thousands of eyewitnesses who saw a solid shape moving silently overhead, in different cities nonetheless.

Peace

[edit on 7-2-2007 by Dr Love]

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I know a guy who lived in Phoenix when the first event happened in 1997. He has served several years in the Army. He told me he has seen flares many many times and knows how they look. He told me he went out side to look at the lights and swears they were not flares but solid individual craft.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   
The military knows well what occurred in 97. If they were going to do these exercises they could have said so they could have given date, time and so on that way people would have known but they didn't do this. However, it seems that they notified the news so they would have a copter up there and report, I don't think so.

I will go with my gut that something is up.

Fox just had a 10 sec. spot showing.. are they UFO's and then saying just military flares.

I have my camera handy but I'm on the East Coast, all in Phoenix and the West Coast have to be prepared so we can put them in there place.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I too recall that man who analyzed the 97 lights. He measured the color of the light in relation to other light sources and determined that no flare matched the color output on his computer. The numbers seemed pretty straight forward to me. light source A = x, light source B = y....

I am eager to see what comes of this, although I am sure that the 07 flares are real and was just a convenient ruse to debunk 97.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join