It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are any of the creatures in this video non-hoaxes?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
www.metacafe.com...

there are alot of pictures in there i have never seen, nor discussed on the board. About half of them i'd say have been discussed here or elsewhere and are hoaxes. The other half however i have never seen discussed anywhere. Alot of fresh material in this video for a decent discussion!

[edit on 7-2-2007 by hiii_98]

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   
maybe someone can take screenshots of some of the pictures so they could be discussed individually if of any interest?

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Hey man, nice video.

Here is my take on it:

First photo of the buffalo with giant horns looks to me like a photoshop job. Can't prove that though.

Not sure what to say about the 2nd photo. Looks like a pygmie of some sort. Is that a half-eaten fish on it's left?

Next one is the hairy fish. Pretty well known hoax i think. I've seen it before somewhere

What a damn nasty frog. Looks like a re-textured caintoad to me, but i can't be sure. Hoax in my opinion.

Now... the sea monster skeleton was a hoax too if i remember right. It was in the media and everything.

Now... wtf is that? It looks like a floating ball of fat... the size of a building. I'm out on this one lol No idea.

Now the thing in the bottle with the face... damn well looks fake, but once again, i don't know for sure.

Don't think bears can grow that large, so i'm calling a fake on the next one too. Damn cool picture though.

Now... men in black trying to capture some sort of alien or creature... FAKE! The things face seems to be a completely different resolution to the rest of the picture.

Nice video, but i'm not the expert opinions you were after

[edit on 7-2-2007 by fooffstarr]

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 03:43 AM
link   
The only pic I see that I know for certain is real is the jellyfish. The one that looks like a blob of fat, lol. That same picture was in The National Geographic in full color.
The second pic is The Figi Mermaid, totally debunked but I'd like to get my hands on one of those.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 04:21 AM
link   
the y are all fake with the exception of :

the jellyfish - which is a trick of composition and perspective - IIRC it is really abot 5 feet diameter - the " head " iof such giant gellyfish is tiny in relation to thier tentacles which can be 20m long

the bear is again IMHO artfully shot to make it appear larger .

all others are pathetic fakery

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr
Now... men in black trying to capture some sort of alien or creature... FAKE! The things face seems to be a completely different resolution to the rest of the picture.

That's Batboy hes a tabloyd favorite!

I loved the bear tho. I don't think any bear could get that large I think I would have defficated on the spot if I saw that thing coming twards me.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 05:57 AM
link   
LOL,

Definitly 'BatBoy' from the tabloid fame.

( I'm starting to think he may actually be real )

Should have his own spread of commercials like the 'Cave Man' spots for Geico ( I think it was Geico ).

With computer technology always advancing the way it is, its going to get much harder to spot the fakes as opposed to now.

Even some of the lamest pic's on the Internet show no visible signs of forgery, and its only going to get worse. Unfortunately

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   
The very first animal...the bull (I guess, I'm no farmer)... I have seen in the guinness book or on TV. From what I remeber that is a real animal but the others either look photo-shopped or if you look in the background of some of them they look fake such as the one with the creature being captured by men in white shirts and black ties? come on....

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerve
The very first animal...the bull (I guess, I'm no farmer)... I have seen in the guinness book or on TV. From what I remeber that is a real animal but the others either look photo-shopped or if you look in the background of some of them they look fake such as the one with the creature being captured by men in white shirts and black ties? come on....

The breed of cattle called Ankole Watusi is known for its huge horns, so it is quite possibly that the first picture is real.
more info on the cattle

More big horns

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   
The jellyfish picture is a fake. There are some really big jellyfish that can get a couple of meters but this picture has been photoshopped.

Picture of jellyfish without the diver

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
so far many of you are saying the jellyfish is real, just taken out of context in relation to the camera, same with the bear, it is real however the angle provides a much larger perspective than the naked eye. The bull i think is also real based on the information the previous user posted. Those half monkey fish creatues are a proven fake, and i think the frog is a photoshop monstrosity .. maybe i'm wrong..maybe it is real.. hell i thought the bull was fake too, until i saw pictures of live bulls with overgrown horns.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The mermaid is a sideshow gaff (fake) created by Juan Cabana. The furry trout and killer toad were both created by Mark Frierson. Both practice the dying art of gaff making and their art is sought after by certain collectors.

This is Juan's website...

www.thefeejeemermaid.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Here how I break it down.

The cow-real
The monkey/fish-Just looks like a dead monkey and a dead fish.
The mermaid-that is fake
The bear-The people were added or just a neat camara trick
The toad-Fake, toads don't even have teeth. Frogs do but not like that.
The hairy fish-Please, fish are not mammals.
The Jellyfish- I have already found the picture without the diver.
The alien- I have never heard about a alien having such a big mouth, and screaming. The real picture is probably just a person being restrained.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Cow - real
Mer-thing (monkey/fish) - Very infamous fake
Fur Bearing trout - fake
Toad - fake
Skeleton - I've seen this described as a tatzelwurm, a mer-thing, a lake monster... so I'm gonna go with fake. (looks good tho)
Jellyfish - I'm sure it was real... but I'm not sure bout the diver
Man faced fish - ugly... I'm sorry, I meant fake
Giant bear - looks fake, but a damn scary one!
Last pic - definitely Bat-Boy!

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
The bear seems very real and is no different than some humans who grow to be 7 feet tall. Most are basketball players. Occassionally there are members in most species that will have gigantism.

That last one appears to have batwings and reminds me of the video of the girl in India with batwings. Don't really know what to make of it. You can view the video of the Indian girl with the wings at youtube. I think the video is real.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
You know, "Batboy" has his own comic strip in the Weekly World News! Some time ago, I photocopied and enlarged a pic of Batboy from the W.W.N. and made my very own custom Batboy Mask! I still wear it from time to time.....when I'm lonely. (jk)

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyes2see
You know, "Batboy" has his own comic strip in the Weekly World News! Some time ago, I photocopied and enlarged a pic of Batboy from the W.W.N. and made my very own custom Batboy Mask! I still wear it from time to time.....when I'm lonely. (jk)

I'm not sure that the creature with the batwings in this picture is the same thing as the so-called Batboy in the Weekly World News. These are two entirely independent cases.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Batboy is as famous and fictional as Batman. Maybe he is Batman's offspring.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyes2see

He also was made into a Broadway musical... our little bat boy's growing up - and scoring hot girls!

I'm not sure that the creature with the batwings in this picture is the same thing as the so-called Batboy in the Weekly World News. These are two entirely independent cases.

Bat Boy isn't real... neither is that picture.

Batboy is as famous and fictional as Batman. Maybe he is Batman's offspring.

* puts on geek glasses* If Batman had a son it would just be a normal person. Batman doesn't have any bat DNA in his genes... WORST JOKE EVER!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join