It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 billion dollars lost?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
What happened to the 12 billion dollars that has vanished with out a trace sent to Iraq for reconstruction. Whose pockets did the money go into? This was cold hard cash shipped on I believe 50 skids and weighing many many tons. This is a disgrace and makes the U.S. look like fools. Smells like an inside job what do you think? Rik Riley

[edit on 6-2-2007 by rikriley]

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I saw Bremer speaking before congress today on this, and he was saying that the money wasn't american, but rather it was iraqi money. Which seemed confusing, he kept re-iterating that the funds were actually iraqi funds.

Either way, he then said that the money for Iraq's reconstruction was doled out to the ministries that the iraqis had formed themselves, and after it went to them, there wasn't much oversight.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
This is amusing to me that the media is just getting ahold of this information, I served in Iraq and was involved in several mission to areas that I shall not name, with units that also shall remain nameless. The bottom line is this, our goverenment has lied to us, and soo many honest americans are supporting this administration not knowing the exact extent of activites that are going on in Iraq. There were at least two missions that I can recall where money was exchanged in less than ideal circumstances. As for it being Iraqi money, that seems pretty bizzare when the Iraqi currency was worth ZERO dollars several months after the Unitred States invaded iraq. This money was used in a feeble attempt to by popularity with the local populace, but unfortunately while money may or may not buy you love, it definately cannot buy influence in a society that does not share the western values of wealth. Most of those funds that we gave to the locals were taken and used by terriorist organizations to fund their efforts and keep the insurgency running strong. Is it no wonder we are still embroilled in a fight that is more intense than the day we first touched down over there...?

[edit on 8-2-2007 by ECHO4ALPHA]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Removed Big Extra with Cheese and Bacon text

[edit on 8/2/07 by masqua]

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
This is crazy..so many lies we are told..
here we are fighting terrorism...what we are doing is terrorism

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   
When husseins government collapsed, that didn't mean that there was no money in iraq, even though his 'dollars' were worthless, the country still had wealth.

Anyway, I don't understand how it can be their money, but converted into dollars, and not still be, in a way, our money. Afterall, its dollars that have been printed.

I get the impression that what they wanted to do with iraq was say 'there is no economy in iraq, we need to create, say, a 20 billion dollar economy, instantly. So lets liquidate their wealth, and dole it out to pretty much anyone that can say they will use it for anything, get the money circulating in the country and creating an ecomony from scratch'.

But, I don't think that any of us can really say too much without looking at the actual testimony and reports from the actual auditors and CPA admins from the congressional hearing.

I didn't see, for example, Waxman, (who is the one saying 'you lost billions of dollars worth of bricks of america's money in iraq'), have any reaction at all to the statements at the recent hearings that 'the money was iraqi money, not american taxpayer money'.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
No different then I suspected that is taking place behind the scenes in Iraq with theft, payoffs and bribes. It seems no matter who we back in the world they end up being our enemy. Is this by design or happen stance? You were there on the ground you knew first hand what was and is going on in Iraq. We know that you can not divulge everything that went on when you were there, but if we knew all the inside facts, there would be an uproar heard around the world. Rik Riley

[edit on 9-2-2007 by rikriley]

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
at least it goes onto your national debt, and americans will have to pay there taxes to, for to pay of. so in a way every american paid for that stash of cash getting lost.

how many times do we hear, billions missing, or even trillions missing, in american finace. man someone must be megger rich, in the back ground, just charge it to the american people.

how do you american tax payers feel about it, and the fact you will have to pay this back.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Andy1033, that is how our government pays for things. No accountability, money out of thin air and just print more money. We in this country have worker bees that will keep on working and paying taxes. Who will miss a trillion here or a trillion there? Ever heard the term not worth a Continental? Rik Riley

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
i have the idea that all the new (USD) notes have the 'readable' strip,
which most CT people say is useful for surveillance, .........

If i recall, Saddam & the Baathists had Billion$ of pre-war monies stashed all over Iraq... connect the dots (if there are any).

Recall, that the monthly/quarterly reports on M-3 money supply was recently suspended,
so no body knows how much or where USDs are being injected into
whose economy... or paid as secret Ransom

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I honestly think that most americans have gotten soo comfortable being ignorant, that if you showed them in photo's and film what really goes on, they would still choose not to see. Hell, as bad as things got during the first term of Pres. Bush's Presidency, he was still voted in...what does that say?

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Baracka Obama wants troops out of Iraq by 3-8-08 if he is elected. I believe it will never happen. Did we leave Germany, Japan or South Korea and the list goes on and on. In Vietnam the funding stopped and we left abruptly.

With the threat of an Iran and Israeli conflict we will always have some kind of token force in the region. Syria I feel could be the broker of peace in the region. Peace will never come in the region if factions are continuously fighting one another in Iraq. Even though Israel is at odds with Syria I still think they will play a major roll in peace negotiations in the region.

Iran will be the thorn in our side and if the U.S. continually finds ensurgents and weapons crossing the border into Iraq all bets are off to when we will ever leave the area. Rik Riley

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
There are stories going around about soldiers getting large cash hand outs over in Iraq.

Like on the Alex Jones show after this story broke out someone called up and told him that they have seen Non-coms handing out 3-5 thousand dollers at a time.

Iam not saying thats where all this money went, just trowing the idea out there.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xare
There are stories going around about soldiers getting large cash hand outs over in Iraq.

Like on the Alex Jones show after this story broke out someone called up and told him that they have seen Non-coms handing out 3-5 thousand dollers at a time.

Iam not saying thats where all this money went, just trowing the idea out there.

Money can be a blessing or a curse, when human beings handle large amounts of money temptation always arises. We have always been told money does not make you happy, try doing without it and see how unhappy most humans become. Is money a motivating facture when keeping things quiet or making things happen? Of course Rik Riley

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Well, now I see where the insurgents got their money to buy the new weapons to shoot down our helicopters.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by QuietRenegade
Well, now I see where the insurgents got their money to buy the new weapons to shoot down our helicopters.

Lets hope that is not the case, but I do think there has been payoffs to keep factions from fighting one another inside the country. This as you know feeds the fire.

Our troops are caught in the middle and we ask ourselves what side do we take or let them shoot it out. We are damned if we do or damned if we don't take sides.

I knew when our troops entered Iraq it would be house to house combat not knowing half the time who is the real enemy. Rik Riley

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
When your the United States and you invade a country your aim is to flood their economy and create a dollar based economy. Then you can loan them money from the World Bank / International Monetary fund and get this country into debt. You then steal all their resources in the form of interest for this debt. Its all just currency that has been printed off by the US, it didn't exist before it was printed. The US has most certainly been handing out fiat currency and I am sure their is some unspoken interst to be paid on this in the future. Just remember what RothsChild said,

"Give me control of the economy and I care not who runs the country".

The insurgents aren't paying for their weapons, do you think the Jihadists in the Russian Afgan war were paying the United States for their weapons. Of course not! The Iraqis are given them by the Chinese or Iranians or whoever else doesn't like the occupation and feels it their worth to cuase the United States damage.

[edit on 13-2-2007 by superpaul55]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuietRenegade

A scam that even the great Milo Minderbinder (Catch-22) would be proud of...pay the enemy to shoot at your own troops, after all, its for the good of the corporation...and everybody has a share.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by superpaul55
When your the United States and you invade a country your aim is to flood their economy and create a dollar based economy. Then you can loan them money from the World Bank / International Monetary fund and get this country into debt. You then steal all their resources in the form of interest for this debt. Its all just currency that has been printed off by the US, it didn't exist before it was printed. The US has most certainly been handing out fiat currency and I am sure their is some unspoken interst to be paid on this in the future. Just remember what RothsChild said,

"Give me control of the economy and I care not who runs the country".

The insurgents aren't paying for their weapons, do you think the Jihadists in the Russian Afgan war were paying the United States for their weapons. Of course not! The Iraqis are given them by the Chinese or Iranians or whoever else doesn't like the occupation and feels it their worth to cuase the United States damage.

[edit on 13-2-2007 by superpaul55]

Well said and the beat goes on and on and on. Who will be the next dictator that the U.S. will back and have to fight? The U.S. military is in over 160 countries take your pick. We are not trying to take over the world only trying to protect our interests. LOL

Talking about payoffs North Korea wants oil in exchange to dismantle their nuclear program? Here is a question have you ever heard oil quantities discribed in tonage instead of barrels? I believe tonage was used to lessen the blow on how much oil really will exchange hands from the parties envolved in the negotiations. Rik Riley

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
To Bad some of that $12,000,000,000 dollars did not reach the Walter Reed Hospital. The conditions to come home to at Walter Reed hospital are an absolute disgrace to our men and women in uniform that have been severly injured during combat in Iraq and Afganistan.

The Buck stops here all the way to the top and things are way out of kilder. This should never happen again on The United States Of America soil. Revamping the U.S. military hospital complex should take priority. Mold, mildew, leaks, paint pilling off the walls, rats, mice, and insect infestation inside Walter Reed hospital. It is called cover up to the Nth degree about the deplorable conditions. Sorry, you have been exposed and heads are rolling demotions are proceeding. About Damn time. Rik Riley

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Yea right, they don't care about the veterans. I took my father-in-law's friend to a VA hosptial once. I couldn't beleive how some of the people looked or acted. It absolutely make me sick to see these people. It makes you wonder what they injected into these people and how they got treated. I do agree the hospitals look like sh*t.

Take this into consideration, my father fought in Korea and when he got back he used to sleep underneath his bed with a gun because he was so paranoid.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join